these are our allies??

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
CAIRO – A Saudi judge has asked several hospitals in the country whether they could damage a man's spinal cord as punishment after he was convicted of attacking another man with a cleaver and paralyzing him, the brother of the victim said Thursday.

Abdul-Aziz al-Mutairi, 22, was left paralyzed and subsequently lost a foot after a fight more than two years ago. He asked a judge in northwestern Tabuk province to impose an equivalent punishment on his attacker under Islamic law, his brother Khaled al-Mutairi told The Associated Press by telephone from there.

He said one of the hospitals, located in Tabuk, responded that it is possible to damage the spinal cord, but it added that the operation would have to be done at another more specialized facility. Saudi newspapers reported that a second hospital in the capital Riyadh declined, saying it could not inflict such harm.

Saudi judge considers paralysis punishment - Yahoo! News

what is your opinion of this punishment? i often hear people say 'an eye for an eye'
but isnt this the law that people dont want to come to the us?

oil_barrel_tank_container.jpg

of course they are our allies. we funnel billions in aid to them and they turn around and enrich our privately owned oil companies. the royal family is also close personal friends with both the bush and clinton families as well

We are not the moralists for the entire world. No matter what we think.

Yes many countries laws and such suck.
Is this an old testament eye for eye intrepretation for justice?

i forgot myself jeremy...i just forgot myself....

here is what i see....a bunch over here hate muslims...except for saudi muslims....if one truly fears the advance of sharia law or whatever the hell its called...then one needs to take a stand against being allied with muslims. its like training a dog...if you use half ass measures then you got a half ass trained dog...
you cant befriend them and kiss them and bow to them...then rant against the neighbor....

i dont understand the deep hate of muslims/jews/christains/pagans or any group ...the continued jockeying for dominance in religion is amazing.....should i have said catholics....i never know what to do with them...each religion wants to convert..except perhaps the jews....i never really get that.....but i digress...but people need to make up their minds about muslims, one way or another

We are not the moralists for the entire world. No matter what we think.

Yes many countries laws and such suck.
Is this an old testament eye for eye intrepretation for justice?

Yes.

And it's where the Muslim's live, and where Sharia Law comes from.

The Jews, who also live in the Old Testament, aren't out doing what God told them to, killing off ALL of the wayward tribes,

but I expect that's why they find themselves in the sitch they're in, right now.

More's the pity.

The House of Saud is our ally like Stalin was our ally in 1944.

Tis the worst of Realpolitik.

Last edited:
Muslims want to do this to each other...let them. It's their country. Their religion. Their laws. Who gives a toss if they want to live and die in the dark ages.

Muslims want to do this to each other...let them. It's their country. Their religion. Their laws. Who gives a toss if they want to live and die in the dark ages.
Problem is, not all of them do. Remember the massive riots in Tehran?

ET061809_iran_protest.jpg

There was a time in Arabia when women could safely walk around unburka'd...back before the Saudi Monarchy (pre-1931).

Problem is, not all of them do. Remember the massive riots in Tehran?

ET061809_iran_protest.jpg

There was a time in Arabia when women could safely walk around unburka'd...back before the Saudi Monarchy (pre-1931).

Then let them sort out their own shit!

I think we would do ourselves, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, and the World a favor if we helped (think CIA) in the overthrow of the Iranian Mullahs.

Help doesn't necessarily mean we need use conventional military force.

I think we would do ourselves, Iraq, Afghanistan, Israel, and the World a favor if we helped (think CIA) in the overthrow of the Iranian Mullahs.

Help doesn't necessarily mean we need use conventional military force.

Yeah right we have been doing that in the middle east since the second world war.
(not counting the crusades) Perhaps that is a big part of why they hate us?

Yeah right we have been doing that in the middle east since the second world war.

(not counting the crusades) Perhaps that is a big part of why they hate us?
They are not one monolithic group, but a dozen different populations and ethnicities with different goals, histories, and attitudes.

I think we should be far more concerned with the threat of global nuclear proliferation than with the feelings of fickle, uneducated populations.

Concerned with their feelings no. I just do not think it is our place to mess in other nations business. We would not like them messing in ours would we?

As to the nukes. Walk softly but carry a big stick.

I recall the "bomb" paranoia of the past. Duck and cover drills in school, bomb shelters, etc.

Am I hearing this right? People here are complaining about how the Saudis impose law in their own country? Are these the same people who complain about Mexico trying to get involved in how we impose law in this country? Come on folks, make up your minds. Is a country sovereign or not?

Am I hearing this right? People here are complaining about how the Saudis impose law in their own country? Are these the same people who complain about Mexico trying to get involved in how we impose law in this country? Come on folks, make up your minds. Is a country sovereign or not?
A nation is sovereign insofar as it can effectively defend its borders and police its population.

A government that cannot defend itself, nor enforce laws, is little more than a facade ruled by powerful neighbors or criminal syndicates.

A nation is sovereign insofar as it can effectively defend its borders and police its population.

A government that cannot defend itself, nor enforce laws, is little more than a facade ruled by powerful neighbors or criminal syndicates.

We do not enforce all our laws (illegal immigration) and it is painfully obvious we cannot defend our borders from invasion (illegal immigration) so what does that make us?

• Thanks
Reactions: 007

We do not enforce all our laws (illegal immigration) and it is painfully obvious we cannot defend our borders from invasion (illegal immigration) so what does that make us?
Falling apart.

Concerned with their feelings no. I just do not think it is our place to mess in other nations business. We would not like them messing in ours would we?

As to the nukes. Walk softly but carry a big stick.

I recall the "bomb" paranoia of the past. Duck and cover drills in school, bomb shelters, etc.

I don't get you..

You say you're a fiscal conservative, you preach non-interventionism now, apparently...You're a fucking libertarian!

Why are you so against the Pauls?

Forum List

Back