There's nothing free speech about NFL anthem protests

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
these people are IN UNIFORM, the possibility of losing business is good enough to can every one of them. If they have to wait until the contract is up, whatever. Perfectly legal to state in the contract no political protests while in uniform.

oh i'm sure the leftwing lawyers have something to say about it, ...it's corruption.

When I fix ACs, I don't go to people's houses and talk politics.

I would EXPECT to be fired for saying "Of course you don't understand the AC repair, you're a moonbat Democrat !"

Maybe the next time I see a customer listening to the Democrats i'll stop fixing the AC and take a knee.

Even when i drive home, off the clock, i avoid knocking people on their ass while i'm IN UNIFORM

these people are IN UNIFORM, the possibility of losing business is good enough to can every one of them. If they have to wait until the contract is up, whatever. Perfectly legal to state in the contract no political protests while in uniform.

oh i'm sure the leftwing lawyers have something to say about it, ...it's corruption.

I would EXPECT to be fired for saying "Of course you don't understand the AC repair, you're a moonbat Democrat !"

Maybe the next time I see a customer listening to the Democrats i'll stop fixing the AC and take a knee.

Even when i drive home, off the clock, i avoid knocking people on their ass while i'm IN UNIFORM
1470447011090.gif

Well there's a lot of free speech. A company doesn't have to grant you free speech though, you're working for them and representing them and their values, rather than your own. Businesses have to follow rules too which can limit their free speech.

However it's free speech in that their employers seem to accept it and the US govt can't stop it.

1470447011090.gif
Stick to censorship.

You fools are having your asses handed to you.

Well there's a lot of free speech. A company doesn't have to grant you free speech though, you're working for them and representing them and their values, rather than your own. Businesses have to follow rules too which can limit their free speech.

However it's free speech in that their employers seem to accept it and the US govt can't stop it.
^Moron....

Yeah we'll show dem uppity Negros who's still da boss. ""In the land of the Free", you'll Stand and listen with reverence to that song or the overseer will punish you.

</sarcasm>

The American people overwhelmingly disagree with you. They are not moonbat Trump supporters like you. They are in uniform but they are not working yet. They don't start work until the kickoff. You can be in uniform and talk to people before your shift starts. You have free speech rights to talk to a co-worker about anything as long as it does not violate any workplace rules such as sexual harassment.

The fact is that these players are not knocking anyone. They have issues with certain aspects of this country and this is their way of making it known. The fact is that it was a few players before Trump gave you your marching orders. These protests are now about Trump. It is Trump supporters who want to violate the Constitution and they threaten the very foundation of this country.

Players have a union and a contract .

Nothing in the contact says they have to stand . The NBA union contract does gave that requirement.

Players have a union and a contract .

Nothing in the contact says they have to stand . The NBA union contract does gave that requirement.

This has nothing to do with government or contracts.

It's between the NFL owners and the fans.
Players are free to give the middle finger to their fans and owners are free to allow them.
No level of government can punish them for it.
However, as a fan I am free to say fuck you to the owners by refusing to consume their product.
I am also free to boycott anyone else who supports the owners, i.e. sponsors, networks, etc.
I'm also free to ignore anyone who doesn't support my view. For example, I'm not talking to my daughter and her husband now because they refuse to quit watching the NFL.
If you want to pick against our country, you won't have me in your life.

Forum List

Back