There's no "war on women" going on in the U.S.

Tell that to Joe.

Vice President Joe Biden said tonight that what he called a Republican-led effort to rollback the rights of women is “real” and will “intensify.”

“I think the ‘war on women’ is real,” Biden told MSNBC’s “The Ed Show,” deploying the politically-charged phrase for the first time on the national stage.

“And look, I’ll tell you when it’s going to intensify – the next president of the United States is going to get to name one, possibly two or more, members to the Supreme Court,” he added.

Asked about Hilary Rosen’s controversial comments on Ann Romney, Biden said the Democratic strategist made an “outrageous assertion.”

“Look, I have fought my whole career – I’m no hero, I don’t want to make it like… — whether it’s the Violence Against Women Act or equal pay. My entire career as a senator and the vice president is to get to one point: when my daughter is able to make whatever choice she wants and no one question it,” he said.

Biden: ‘War on Women’ is Real, Will Intensify - ABC News

The bolded . . wtf?

What don't we have a war on these days?

I suspect a war on women would be as effective as the war on drugs or poverty.

In addition, the points I've seen raised as evidence of a "war on women" fail to make a logical connection. But then, that's what central planners do.

This whole war on women crap was started by the left when Limbaugh called Fluke a slut for demanding free birth control. The left jumped on and claimed that nasty Republicans wanted to deny women contraceptives. Of course, the way to deny a liberal something is by refusing to hand it to them for free. Never mind it's legal and cheap to purchase birth control, they haven't figured that out yet.

It was actually a war on religious organizations, specifically Christians, launched by the left. They are the ones, with help from activist Fluke, who wanted to force religions to go against their beliefs and make them provide coverage for birth control and abortion. Fluke deliberately went to that college with the intent on causing trouble, and she admitted as much. I don't see them forcing Muslim workers to handle pork.

Last edited:
But I do think some democrats would want it to be like that, taking the attention away from things the Obama admin didn't do so well........Thankfully I am not buying into it, and many others aren't either...:)

thread going as planned, roger that.

it was the dems who started the corny idea that one's going on, and the r's trying to spin it around back on 'em, meanwhile there isn't one. period.

Biden is starting the groundwork for obama's war on the Supreme Court which will come along after his health care bill is driven to dust.

comsidering how that state of the nation was when Obama took office, he is doing okay. Better than Bush

Yup. Now federal office holders can commit fraud and murder and not be held to account.

You thinks thats better. When do you plan on surrendering the rest of your rights?

Great thread, maybe that's what G.T. stands for :).

It's just another example of one of our beloved parties trying to drum up histeria to get a reaction, reps did the same thing with the whole "level of terror" color system b.s.

It's all a game, but it's not as fun to me as it is most ppl.

What don't we have a war on these days?

I suspect a war on women would be as effective as the war on drugs or poverty.

In addition, the points I've seen raised as evidence of a "war on women" fail to make a logical connection. But then, that's what central planners do.

See if you can make a logical connection after reading through this link:

Guttmacher Institute State Update: Legislation Enacted

Sorry but a link to changes in abortion laws does not equate to a war on women. I'm not even stating my own position but the disagreements as to when life begins cannot be twisted into that which serves your political rhetoric, not without throwing logic and reason out the window.

Forum List

Back