Theres a reason the US mainland was never in any danger of invasion during WWII

Too far. The Japanese were able to sail half way across the Pacific and attack Pearl Harbor maybe on invitation or at the very least the criminal negligence of the FDR administration. Unless they had a base of operations near the US mainland they had no hope of getting close to the US. The same thing goes for Germany but their submarines operated within spitting distance of North Carolina.

I agree. Maybe the so-called 'rightwinger', can elaborate on your FDR assumption? = I doubt it. I am sure that he will find that you have some pro 2nd amendment agenda by bashing the poor little innocent, internationalist pig FDR. ~BH

The strategy on the left regarding the Pearl Harbor issue seems to rely on name calling and hysterics rather than arguing about facts. COS Marshall had the chance to notify Pearl a couple of hours before the attack but he stalled until the Army message center conveniently went down. He sent a telegram which arrived at the same time Zeroes were strafing the Island. Navy commanders were sacked when they suggested that the Fleet be moved to a safer area near the mainland. FDR and Marshall managed to blame subordinates for their own mistakes which is what cowards do. If FDR invited the attack he is guilty of treason and if he didn't invite the attack he is guilty of criminal negligence.

Too far. The Japanese were able to sail half way across the Pacific and attack Pearl Harbor maybe on invitation or at the very least the criminal negligence of the FDR administration. Unless they had a base of operations near the US mainland they had no hope of getting close to the US. The same thing goes for Germany but their submarines operated within spitting distance of North Carolina.

I agree. Maybe the so-called 'rightwinger', can elaborate on your FDR assumption? = I doubt it. I am sure that he will find that you have some pro 2nd amendment agenda by bashing the poor little innocent, internationalist pig FDR. ~BH

I can comment....

9-11 truthers circa 1941

The result would have still been a Japanese victory at Pearl Harbor if we were prepared for them. It was proven in the war that experienced pilots (The Japanese) would defeat inexperienced pilots (US pilots) and that is all we had. Plus the aircraft we had was inferior to the Zero at that time. Anti aircraft were not very accurate. Even though we lost may men and ships, the BB's were obsolete already and the carriers were already safe. Makes one wonder why the carriers were at sea though.

Pearl also provided the US with a rallying cry and the raw emotion needed to carry a war for 4 years.

The result would have still been a Japanese victory at Pearl Harbor if we were prepared for them. It was proven in the war that experienced pilots (The Japanese) would defeat inexperienced pilots (US pilots) and that is all we had. Plus the aircraft we had was inferior to the Zero at that time. Anti aircraft were not very accurate. Even though we lost may men and ships, the BB's were obsolete already and the carriers were already safe. Makes one wonder why the carriers were at sea though.

Pearl also provided the US with a rallying cry and the raw emotion needed to carry a war for 4 years.

"Japanese had more experienced pilots"? Interesting post war analysis when the consensus by what passed for military intelligence in those days indicated that the Japanese were nearsighted little yellow people who were poor in math skills and couldn't make a plane that would fly or a ship that would float without capsizing. Profound ingrained ignorant racism is perhaps the only excuse that the FDR administration had. One thing is sure that the Sailors caught below decks on the Arizona would have been at their battle stations if Marshall had just picked up that phone.

I can comment....

9-11 truthers circa 1941

That's as good as you got? Pathetic bro. A Fucking weak minded response and nothing short of PATHETIC. You're a joke. Luckily, everyone can see it for themselves. :razz: ~BH

The strategy on the left regarding the Pearl Harbor issue seems to rely on name calling and hysterics rather than arguing about facts. COS Marshall had the chance to notify Pearl a couple of hours before the attack but he stalled until the Army message center conveniently went down. He sent a telegram which arrived at the same time Zeroes were strafing the Island. Navy commanders were sacked when they suggested that the Fleet be moved to a safer area near the mainland. FDR and Marshall managed to blame subordinates for their own mistakes which is what cowards do. If FDR invited the attack he is guilty of treason and if he didn't invite the attack he is guilty of criminal negligence.

I agree 100%. FDR and others knew what was gonna happen. They desired a pretext to War. ~BH

I agree 100%. FDR and others knew what was gonna happen. They desired a pretext to War. ~BH

:lol: truther

Follower. :lol: ~BH

Brilliant comeback alleged right-winger. The winking smiley-face was a nice feature. I rest my case about left wing arguments concerning Pearl Harbor.

Brilliant comeback alleged right-winger. The winking smiley-face was a nice feature. I rest my case about left wing arguments concerning Pearl Harbor.

This fucker, while an ok guy on a personal level, is the definition of spin artist. Either he has an agenda, or he's actually mentally ill enough to attempt to convince us all that he actually believes the load of bullshit that leaves his finger tips here day in and day out. Not always, but nevertheless here in this thread for sure. :razz: ~BH

This fucker, while an ok guy on a personal level, is the definition of spin artist. Either he has an agenda, or he's actually mentally ill enough to attempt to convince us all that he actually believes the load of bullshit that leaves his finger tips here day in and day out. Not always, but nevertheless here in this thread for sure. :razz: ~BH

Still waiting for your quote......
Could it be its not there?

No not at all. It could be that I have been offline a few days, and I am only half way through the book. Either way, If I fail to find it, I will show honor and expose myself here in this thread. However, if my memory serves me right, it will be you who will eventually be exposed because you made the mistake of confusing the "Rifle behind every blade of grass comment" with the "Awaking a sleeping Giant" comment, which is universally looked at as being not true. I think the root of it all though is your obsession with thinking everything has a political agenda. Again, Patience my dumbshit. :razz: ~BH

No not at all. It could be that I have been offline a few days, and I am only half way through the book. Either way, If I fail to find it, I will show honor and expose myself here in this thread. However, if my memory serves me right, it will be you who will eventually be exposed because you made the mistake of confusing the "Rifle behind every blade of grass comment" with the "Awaking a sleeping Giant" comment, which is universally looked at as being not true. I think the root of it all though is your obsession with thinking everything has a political agenda. Again, Patience my dumbshit. :razz: ~BH

Fair enough...

I think we see a trend of Yamamoto being misquoted. I never said that you had a political agenda. Only those who made up the quote and attributed it to Yamamoto

Fair enough...

I think we see a trend of Yamamoto being misquoted. I never said that you had a political agenda. Only those who made up the quote and attributed it to Yamamoto

While searching the subject I honestly witnessed SOME people using it for political points, but I do not yet believe that the original quote, when it was made, had anything to do with politics but more to do with the truth. We'll see I guess. ~BH

advantages of 2 oceans

Krauts coulndt evencross theenglish channell m uch l lessthe Atlantic.

As forfor Japs crossing to the US West Coast :doubt:

Fair enough...

While searching the subject I honestly witnessed SOME people using it for political points, but I do not yet believe that the original quote, when it was made, had anything to do with politics but more to do with the truth. We'll see I guess. ~BH

rw, Just got back here. Well I finally got around to finishing re-reading the book and was unable to locate where he said that, Course I was speed reading so I could have missed it I suppose. However, I am a Man of my word. So, Basically I couldn't prove it. You may have won that part of the debate, but you will never convince me that it was invented for a pro 2nd Amendment political agenda. ~BH

Fair enough...

rw, Just got back here. Well I finally got around to finishing re-reading the book and was unable to locate where he said that, Course I was speed reading so I could have missed it I suppose. However, I am a Man of my word. So, Basically I couldn't prove it. You may have won that part of the debate, but you will never convince me that it was invented for a pro 2nd Amendment political agenda. ~BH

Fair enough

I respect your honesty. No gloating here

Fair enough

I respect your honesty. No gloating here

I don't care that you and I disagree politically. I think you're a good guy and a very reasonable person. It was fun though. See yuh around bro. ~BH

I do not disagree sir but feel I have a slightly different opinion on FDR's desired outcome.

Much Churchill across the water who had been at war with a modern enemy for two years FDR underestimatdd the power of aircraft. The Pacific Fleet was in the right place but oops, lost the battle as well as the Repulse and Prince of Wales lost theirs.

Thank you.

Forum List

Back