There will be no Trade Deal.

and that's ok.
For the most part I support Trump on this trade war, if ever there were a time to try and push the issue it is now. But the important issues are the forced technology transfers and the property theft, much less important is the trade gap.

What the average Trump supporter is not smart enough to understand is that globalism has a lot of benefits. We need to be getting our raw materials and goods for the lowest price possible, and tariffs get passed on to the consumer. This increase in tariffs will personally cost us money right out of our pockets, but the economy is strong so we can afford it... for now.

Globalism only hurts lazy, dumb, unskilled workers, globalism benefits the majority of Americans because it means we get to buy things for substantially cheaper, and globalism creates more high paying jobs in our country. If your jobs skills are the same as an illiterate moron from some 3rd world country then you have a problem and that is your fault, not mine. You should have planned a better career path.

If you are a skilled worker with a good education and good jobs skills globalism is a good thing because it means you get to buy a lot more things at a lot cheaper prices, most Trump supporters can't seem to understand this.

Cheap Chinese steel is an overall benefit to the US, sure it hurts the steel workers, but it benefits so many other areas substantially more. I feel bad for the steel workers, but they need to take personal responsibility for their career choices and get themselves into a better industry, then they would benefit from globalism like I do.
How do you address the job flight...…...can we get our money back Obama gave GM to build factories in China. How bout all the jobs that left for MExico only to disappear because an unfit labor pool and crime extinguished it
GM building factories in China isn't globalism and that has little to do with this trade deal, it's your incorrect and biased opinion clouding your judgement. You need to look at all issues from an independent and unbiased perspective, and not just unquestionably listen to anything somebody with an R next to their name says, or some lie and biased stupidity said on Foxnews.

BMW, Toyota etc all have factories in America and it allows them competitive access to our markets. GM building factories in China is a good thing because it gives us competitive access to the Asian and Australian markets. All the cars we sell in Asia and Australia are made in those factories, and it greatly lowers the costs of making those cars which makes them competitive in those markets. SO if the choice is between opening up factories in China to sell cars in those markets and make way more money, or not doing that, having less sales, and making less money, than that is a no brainer...

Like I said I support Trump on his trade war, and wanted him to raise tariffs even though it will cost me money because now is the best time to address this issue- with the economy ripping. But if China digs their heels in and the tariffs don't cause them pain we could lose this fight, but if we do then we go back to what we have now, so it's not like we lose that much.
GM is shipping Chinese made cars to America...try to keep up
Yes and the savings get passed on to the US consumer, do you want to pay $40,000 or $43,000 for the same new car? I'll take the $40k.

There are plenty of great jobs and job opportunities for skilled and educated workers, if you were too lazy to get educated and get job skills, that's not my fault. How about taking personal responsibility for you actions in life and stop looking for the government to bail you out all the time.
You know you are on the right side of the issue when the wackos from the right and the wackos from the left attack you! That is why i am a true moderate.

I support globalism and free markets because it benefits the educated and skilled US workers the most, it benefits the US economy the most, and it creates more higher paying jobs and results in job losses of the lower paying jobs.

BUT China is also doing some bad practices with the intellectual property theft etc. If these issues are going to be addressed now is the time to do it, that is why I also support Trump on his trade war. My only issue is that I think Trump is making too big of a deal over the trade gap, he fails to see the advantages of globalism and trade.

For the most part I support Trump on this trade war, if ever there were a time to try and push the issue it is now. But the important issues are the forced technology transfers and the property theft, much less important is the trade gap.

What the average Trump supporter is not smart enough to understand is that globalism has a lot of benefits. We need to be getting our raw materials and goods for the lowest price possible, and tariffs get passed on to the consumer. This increase in tariffs will personally cost us money right out of our pockets, but the economy is strong so we can afford it... for now.

Globalism only hurts lazy, dumb, unskilled workers, globalism benefits the majority of Americans because it means we get to buy things for substantially cheaper, and globalism creates more high paying jobs in our country. If your jobs skills are the same as an illiterate moron from some 3rd world country then you have a problem and that is your fault, not mine. You should have planned a better career path.

If you are a skilled worker with a good education and good jobs skills globalism is a good thing because it means you get to buy a lot more things at a lot cheaper prices, most Trump supporters can't seem to understand this.

Cheap Chinese steel is an overall benefit to the US, sure it hurts the steel workers, but it benefits so many other areas substantially more. I feel bad for the steel workers, but they need to take personal responsibility for their career choices and get themselves into a better industry, then they would benefit from globalism like I do.
How do you address the job flight...…...can we get our money back Obama gave GM to build factories in China. How bout all the jobs that left for MExico only to disappear because an unfit labor pool and crime extinguished it
GM building factories in China isn't globalism and that has little to do with this trade deal, it's your incorrect and biased opinion clouding your judgement. You need to look at all issues from an independent and unbiased perspective, and not just unquestionably listen to anything somebody with an R next to their name says, or some lie and biased stupidity said on Foxnews.

BMW, Toyota etc all have factories in America and it allows them competitive access to our markets. GM building factories in China is a good thing because it gives us competitive access to the Asian and Australian markets. All the cars we sell in Asia and Australia are made in those factories, and it greatly lowers the costs of making those cars which makes them competitive in those markets. SO if the choice is between opening up factories in China to sell cars in those markets and make way more money, or not doing that, having less sales, and making less money, than that is a no brainer...

Like I said I support Trump on his trade war, and wanted him to raise tariffs even though it will cost me money because now is the best time to address this issue- with the economy ripping. But if China digs their heels in and the tariffs don't cause them pain we could lose this fight, but if we do then we go back to what we have now, so it's not like we lose that much.
Yes and the savings get passed on to the US consumer, do you want to pay $40,000 or $43,000 for the same new car? I'll take the $40k.

There are plenty of great jobs and job opportunities for skilled and educated workers, if you were too lazy to get educated and get job skills, that's not my fault. How about taking personal responsibility for you actions in life and stop looking for the government to bail you out all the time.
You know you are on the right side of the issue when the wackos from the right and the wackos from the left attack you! That is why i am a true moderate.

I support globalism and free markets because it benefits the educated and skilled US workers the most, it benefits the US economy the most, and it creates more higher paying jobs and results in job losses of the lower paying jobs.

BUT China is also doing some bad practices with the intellectual property theft etc. If these issues are going to be addressed now is the time to do it, that is why I also support Trump on his trade war. My only issue is that I think Trump is making too big of a deal over the trade gap, he fails to see the advantages of globalism and trade.
Simply asking questions is not attacking snowflake. BTW I support the protection of intellectual property rights.

Still no answer on the zero tariffs proposal...….almost like they dont like free trade except to spout talking points

Simply asking questions is not attacking snowflake. BTW I support the protection of intellectual property rights.
Actually that was a reply to Moonglow bart simpson, maybe I mis-clicked something.

As to why the other countries don't want zero tariffs, because they are protectionists, they don't support free markets, and they are wrong, and they will lose in the end.

In economics everything is a give and take. There are winners and losers. Free trade creates more wins than loses for the US, but we can still identify the losses. Losers would be the unskilled factory workers that could lose their job to another unskilled worker in a 3rd world country that can do exactly what they do for 5% of the cost.

The point I'm making is that you people fail to see all the benefits that arise from those loses. The benefits outweigh the negatives.

Would you rather pay $40k for you new car or $43k? Would you rather pay $80 for your air conditioner or $150?

If you have positioned yourself and trained yourself to be able to withstand the negatives- by gaining good job skills so your job can't be shipped off to some illiterate in a 3rd world country, than you stand to gain mightily and the country gains- as well as you have a modern and high tech economy with more higher paying jobs that generate more money and wealth. That is why people need to take personal responsibility for their career choices in life, and not rely on the government to help them.

If you studied the US steel industry you would know that the reason it had problems was because the US Steel companies failed to modernize their steel making techniques after WW2, but the Japanes and European companies did just that, then they were able to produce steel at a much cheaper rate, which crushed us. That is a perfect example of how protectionism and a failure to keep up with modern technology destroyed our industry.

But as I said I support Trump's trade war in this particular situation.

Last edited:

Globalism is garbage like the rest of your OP. Chinese steel is "sand" steel and it's garbage. You're trying to sound like some kind of elitist but I doubt you're much of an investor with your 1980's take on how an economy works. Thinking like the OP is what wiped out what is now the "rust belt" and tore apart our middle-class.....get lost, loser.

And where I should your link to unbiased factual proof that Chinese still is 'garbage'?

, but if we do then we go back to what we have now, so it's not like we lose that much.

$500B a year "not that much"? Do you know what venture-capital is? We are borrowing to finance that trade imbalance...there's only so much money available for lending....so how are we supposed to finance American start-ups? Get lost, loser.

If $500 billion a year is SUCH a big deal to you..then where is your thread screaming about how Trump is on pace to run a $1+ trillion dollar deficit it for FY2019?

and that's ok.

A modern chamber of commerce member :auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg::auiqs.jpg:
tee hee Learn to code you pissants
:auiqs.jpg:

but i agree they're gonna try and hold out for as long as possible..... the chinks that is
trump doesn't have big enough balls to hit em hard

get ready for the price of candyland to skyrocket pffft

i got question for ya beantown banker ...the financial capital of nowhere
how do the Germans and Italians build toasters? at home...granted the Germans have an easier time these days due to them screwing over the piigs and Latin Europe in general
how much do they cost ?
how much better are they ?
why do they sell a SHITLOAD of em around the world

i got question for ya beantown banker ...the financial capital of nowhere
how do the Germans and Italians build toasters? at home...granted the Germans have an easier time these days due to them screwing over the piigs and Latin Europe in general
how much do they cost ?
how much better are they ?
why do they sell a SHITLOAD of em around the world
Sorry pal hate to break it to you, but the vast majority of those German brand toasters are still made in China, or the parts are made in China etc. Go to Macy's and look where a Bosch or Cloer toaster is made, surprised you didn't know that...
As are the Australian branded Breville, as are the vast majority of all toasters in the world.

If you want an American made toaster you can buy a Polytron, made in USA... for $250+... I will stick with my $40 Black and Decker, it is still an American company with plenty of the money going to support America and American jobs- jobs that pay A LOT more than the minimum wage low skilled wrench turning jobs that you seem so adamant about protecting. AND with all the money I save on my toaster I can buy A LOT of other things that drives our economy and overall benefits our economy as we have a consumer based economy.

Maybe you should tell all these lazy, unmotivated unskilled workers to actually apply themselves in life and get some job skills, then they wouldn't have to worry about their job being shipped off to some illiterate in a 3rd world country. In highschool I set my goals high and worked hard to make sure I would have a good future, and do. Then I watched the lazy morons drink beer, smoke weed, and get some BS job "at the ole mill" I'm sorry that they have a bad future, but that is not my fault because they made poor career choices in life. People need to be held accountable for their poor choices in life and I shouldn't be punished because they are lazy.

None of the people that work at JP Morgan, Pfizer, Apple, Goldman Sachs, Google, etc etc etc worry about their job being shipped off to a 3rd world country. Even the people that managed to get good trade skills like electricians, plumbing, High-tech machine operation/manufacturing are doing fine, with good job security. If that makes us "globalist elitists" because we work harder, set our goals higher, and want to be wealthier than you, then call me an elitist. I'm tired of the lazy people that have made poor career choices relying on the government to bail them out for their bad decisions.

Last edited:
And I just checked, my German branded Henkel knives... It says made in China on them. Sorry bud, swing and miss, good try though. :abgg2q.jpg:

Last edited:
True to form, China tried to pull a fast one at the last minute. Trump said no deal, here come your tariffs. Globalists will squeal that the sky is falling and that Trump is a madman bent on sending the world into a depression. They are wrong as usual. They stoke fear because they were all happy with China's death by a thousand cuts because they were getting fat regardless. Trump just flipped the bird to China and their Globalist friends including the ones leading our government and leading our corporations. Short term pain? Probably. But so worth it to secure the future of America and punch back at the world's number one bully, China.

But as I said I support Trump's trade war in this particular situation.
Your passing references to low skilled American workers inclines me to believe you're quite prepared to abandon them to their Darwinian struggle. True? If not, what are your solutions? I mean, who do you expect to pick up your trash, for example?

And I just checked, my German branded Henkel knives... It says made in China on them. Sorry bud, swing and miss, good try though. :abgg2q.jpg:

Your post made me check a Henkel penknife that I'd been given almost 40 years ago; the bottom of the blade is stamped "Stainless Japan". I never noticed that before. I guess Henkel changed their knife source from Japan to China.

IMO the markets are WAY too overly optimistic about a trade deal getting done. China is never going to cave to Trump. China will wait this out until the election and hope Trump loses so they can negotiate with somebody else that will not take such a hard line.

I don't see China giving in to Trump's demands and I see this escalating.

I am looking for China to announce their retaliatory tariffs against the US hopefully this weekend or very soon, which should cause a small drop in the market and a good opportunity to sell Put spreads against GOOG again. Friday was a good day for me $.

I think you are mistaken. There will be a deal that will take the same path as the new NAFTA, a few tweaks and a fancy new name.

Trump needs a deal, he needs a success.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Forum List

Back