There will be no 2016 GOP caucuses in Colorado - interesting piece of strategema...

Statistikhengst

Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
Colorado Republicans cancel 2016 presidential caucus vote

It's at the article, needs some explaining.

Colorado is not going to hold either a 2016 GOP presidential primary or a 2016 set of GOP presidential caucuses.

This means that all of the Colorado delegates to the 2016 Rebublican National Convention in Cleveland, Ohio, will be free and "unbound" and can vote for whomever they please.

From the article:

The GOP executive committee voted Friday to cancel the traditional presidential preference poll at the caucus after the national party changed its rules to require a state's delegates to support the candidate that wins...

...The GOP still will hold precinct caucus meetings in early 2016 to begin the process of selecting delegates to the national convention. The party will meet next month to pick the caucus date, which state law requires in February or March.

The Democratic Party will still hold a presidential straw poll on March 1, a Super Tuesday vote that made the state an attractive campaign stop for top-tier candidates in recent months.

But on the Republican side, the caucus process will lack the hype that comes with a straw poll vote. The presidential campaigns may still try to win delegate slots for their supporters, but experts say the candidates are less likely to visit the state and personally court voters...

..."If there's the potential for a brokered convention in any way, the unaffiliated delegates become extremely important," said Joy Hoffman, the Arapahoe County GOP chairwoman who attended the party meeting. "If there is someone who becomes a front-runner ... then nobody's important. So I think the view became that if we were not bound, it's not the worse thing that could happen."

Colorado will have 37 delegates at the 2016 RNC:

Colorado Republican Delegation 2016

There are currently 2,470 delegates slated (per mathematical formula) at the 2016 convention.

Colorado's delegates represent 1.5% of the delegates to the Convention.

Currently, Colorado is the only state in the Union to NOT have a 2016 presidential preference primary or caucus - on the Republican side. The Democrats are still going to have their primary contest.

FYI.

• Banned
so the gop will not follow a rule that forces them to comply to the rules.

that's awesome

Go conservatives!

Well, yes and no.

The RNC made a rules change pretty late into the game and according to Federalism, each state can do things as it likes.

Hell, if it looks like Trump is going to win the nomination, Reince Priebus could theoretically, install 500 extra superdelegates to the convention, all of whom could vote against Trump....

that's awesome

Go conservatives!

Well, yes and no.

The RNC made a rules change pretty late into the game and according to Federalism, each state can do things as it likes.

Hell, if it looks like Trump is going to win the nomination, Reince Priebus could theoretically, install 500 extra superdelegates to the convention, all of whom could vote against Trump....
That's funny.

gop voters ask for and get trump, but the establishment doesn't want them, so the party system gets exposed in it full glory.

damn, that could be a win-win

that's awesome

Go conservatives!

Well, yes and no.

That's funny.

gop voters ask for and get trump, but the establishment doesn't want them, so the party system gets exposed in it full glory.

I'm simply reporting what's happening. As I've indicated many times in USMB, it's all about strategema. I'm not saying that what "the Establishment" does is right or wrong. I am, however, saying that it's possible.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9515 mit Tapatalk

that's awesome

Go conservatives!

Well, yes and no.

That's funny.

I'm simply reporting what's happening. As I've indicated many times in USMB, it's all about strategema. I'm not saying that what "the Establishment" does is right or wrong. I am, however, saying that it's possible.

I wasn't arguing with you.

I was putting it in funnier terms cuz you can be a really dry read.

no offense, just sayin

Dusty

that's awesome

Go conservatives!

Well, yes and no.

That's funny.

no offense, just sayin

Dusty
Sorry, overworked right now. Your humor somehow went right by me.

that's awesome

Go conservatives!

Well, yes and no.

That's funny.

no offense, just sayin

Dusty

fucking love ironic puns

Well, yes and no.

That's funny.

no offense, just sayin

Dusty

fucking love irony
Lol....

Forum List

Back