There was nothing wrong with the U.S. government in 2008

Oil isn't the only lobbying interest, and we're already drilling in the areas where oil is easiest to extract.

Do what?
If this is true then why are we buying sands oil from the brutal cold of Canada as well as 5000' below sea level in the Gulf when there is ample oil shale/sands as well as un known crude oil deposits right here in the USA?
and what about coal? we spent billions to build scrubbers to use the very cheap coal BHO shut down
What is up with that?

Which scrubbers did Obama shut down?

The very cheap coal, stop acting like a 15 year old, unless of course that is what you are
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...u83NDw&usg=AFQjCNGX07wy8LvmoEBUiTScCLB4s6ovEA

Do what?
If this is true then why are we buying sands oil from the brutal cold of Canada as well as 5000' below sea level in the Gulf when there is ample oil shale/sands as well as un known crude oil deposits right here in the USA?
and what about coal? we spent billions to build scrubbers to use the very cheap coal BHO shut down
What is up with that?

The very cheap coal, stop acting like a 15 year old, unless of course that is what you are
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...u83NDw&usg=AFQjCNGX07wy8LvmoEBUiTScCLB4s6ovEA

Wow! You should read, research then post. Of the 55 applications for which the governor requested a response, 36 were granted.

I guess you can thank the president for those jobs, but that would require you to stop acting like a hack.

Wow! You should read, research then post. Of the 55 applications for which the governor requested a response, 36 were granted.

I guess you can thank the president for those jobs, but that would require you to stop acting like a hack.

yep and 19 were not
Consul Energy, Environmental Groups, Job Cuts, West Virginia Jobs | EmploymentSpectator | Employment News
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...zui7Dw&usg=AFQjCNG7ETmp5Q_7NBxZGzC08BKHmah0sw

For the record, the scrubbers that where installed before Obama took office I have been in favor of.
At the end of the day we need to take care of our world, we just do not need to be stupid about it

yep and 19 were not
Consul Energy, Environmental Groups, Job Cuts, West Virginia Jobs | EmploymentSpectator | Employment News
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...zui7Dw&usg=AFQjCNG7ETmp5Q_7NBxZGzC08BKHmah0sw

For the record, the scrubbers that where installed before Obama took office I have been in favor of.
At the end of the day we need to take care of our world, we just do not need to be stupid about it

so you think all of them should be approved, carte blanche? Or perhaps you think we need a process that ensures we take care of our world?

yep and 19 were not

so you think all of them should be approved, carte blanche? Or perhaps you think we need a process that ensures we take care of our world?

No, but a fair balance would be nice. My god we have oil shale, sands, coal and could use some nuclear and what have we got?
Enough said, you think all of this is a joke any-way. Jobs mean nothing to you

yep and 19 were not

No, but a fair balance would be nice.

36 out of 55 seems like a pretty fair balance, no?

In 2008 the budget called for a deficit of 239 billion. We ended up with 454. this was the first Dem budget in years and the only one GWB signed

As far as what is the reason?
Payroll tax - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
972 billion in payroll tax taken in
Medicaid - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
1.4 trillion spent on entitlements

Yes some loss of revenue was part of the issue, look at the diff in the GOP and the dem budget

Mandatory spending: $1.788 trillion (+4.2%)
$608 billion (+4.5%) - Social Security
$386 billion (+5.2%) - Medicare
$209 billion (+5.6%) - Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
$324 billion (+1.8%) - Unemployment/Welfare/Other mandatory spending
$261 billion (+9.2%) - Interest on National Debt
Discretionary spending: $1.114 trillion (+3.1%)
$481.4 billion (+12.1%) - Department of Defense
$145.2 billion (+45.8%) - Global War on Terror
$69.3 billion (+0.3%) - Department of Health and Human Services
$56.0 billion (+0.0%) - Department of Education
$39.4 billion (+18.7%) - Department of Veterans Affairs
$35.2 billion (+1.4%) - Department of Housing and Urban Development
$35.0 billion (+22.0%) - Department of State and Other International Programs
$34.3 billion (+7.2%) - Department of Homeland Security
$24.3 billion (+6.6%) - Department of Energy
$20.2 billion (+4.1%) - Department of Justice
$20.2 billion (+3.1%) - Department of Agriculture
$17.3 billion (+6.8%) - National Aeronautics and Space Administration
$12.1 billion (+13.1%) - Department of Transportation
$12.1 billion (+6.1%) - Department of the Treasury
$10.6 billion (+2.9%) - Department of the Interior
$10.6 billion (-9.4%) - Department of Labor
$51.8 billion (+9.7%) - Other On-budget Discretionary Spending
$39.0 billion - Other Off-budget Discretionary Spending
2008 2.9 trillion

$586.1 billion (+7.0%) - Social Security
$548.8 billion (+9.0%) - Defense[2]
$394.5 billion (+12.4%) - Medicare
$294.0 billion (+2.0%) - Unemployment and welfare
$276.4 billion (+2.9%) - Medicaid and other health related
$243.7 billion (+13.4%) - Interest on debt
$89.9 billion (+1.3%) - Education and training
$76.9 billion (+8.1%) - Transportation
$72.6 billion (+5.8%) - Veterans' benefits
$43.5 billion (+9.2%) - Administration of justice
$33.1 billion (+5.7%) - Natural resources and environment
$32.5 billion (+15.4%) - Foreign affairs
$27.0 billion (+3.7%) - Agriculture
$26.8 billion (+28.7%) - Community and regional development
$25.0 billion (+4.0%) - Science and technology
$20.5 billion (+0.8%) - Energy
$20.1 billion (+11.4%) - General government
2007 had 2.73 trillion in spending

there is about 200 billion more in 08 than 07. bottom line is that was the dems doing and it still could have been cut easily
as I pointed, the govt was not in that bad of shape in 2008 and as far as the deficit we can see where the Dems had took control of the budget

The threads subject matter is about the status of the govt in 2008, not the debate of the children such as 8537 presents, for some reason he thinks Kentucky coal has something to do with this
I know, I know
Be wary of those who take what we do here as a joke.

07-minister.jpg

"There is nothing wrong with our government! Nothing at all. It's peaches, cream and fine brandy in all sectors."

Biden looks pretty good in a uniform. :eusa_whistle:

The threads subject matter is about the status of the govt in 2008, not the debate of the children such as 8537 presents, for some reason he thinks Kentucky coal has something to do with this
I know, I know

Lol....JRK makes a claim about coal, links to an article about coal, does about 1% of the effort required to understand it, gets his ass handed to him and....

Runs away claiming that I'm the one who thinks Kentucky coal has something to do with this.

The only thing I want to accomplish in this thread is exposing your intellectual dishonesty and simplicity...again...JRK.

I know, I know

Lol....JRK makes a claim about coal, links to an article about coal, does about 1% of the effort required to understand it, gets his ass handed to him and....

Runs away claiming that I'm the one who thinks Kentucky coal has something to do with this.

The only thing I want to accomplish in this thread is exposing your intellectual dishonesty and simplicity...again...JRK.

Exactly what did you expose that was dis honest?
I am right here, I have no reason to run away. As far as this thread goes I could care less what you think about it, you have made no comment on it that meant anything
8537 your like many liberals, for some reason you think you have to be-little any-one who dis agrees with you.

There are many theories as to why liberals do that. I think it sad my self. Do you realize we are just talking dude?
I mean really this is not life and death

I know, I know

Exactly what did you expose that was dis honest?

Your claims about the Obama administration and Kentucky coal, for starters.

8537 your like many liberals, for some reason you think you have to be-little any-one who dis agrees with you.
Not at all. I have excellent and intellectually challenging conversations with a wide range of honest conservatives on this board. I belittle those that are immune to facts and unwilling to recognize a difference of opinion.

There are many theories as to why liberals do that. I think it sad my self. Do you realize we are just talking dude?
I mean really this is not life and death

Yet you routinely post comments such as "Be wary of those who take what we do here as a joke" and complain that other people don't understand how vitally important your claims are.

There was nothing wrong with the U.S. government in 2008

If you actually believe that then you are a hopeless case.
Duh murkin government has been fucked since 1963.
America died a slow death.It recently, officially, lost the A.
It's a stage 4 empire with no cure.

My point is we did not 45 trillion dollars in new debt. The federal govt in 2007 was within 163 billion dollars of breaking even, 2008 was 450 but had allot of loss revenue
All of this insane spending and lying about the "things" Obama inherited is what this thread is about
Look I am a staunch conservative, the federal govt does some good things with the wealth it collects from us. In 2008 it was far from being broken, there was nothing in it that could not be fixed
Now, Now its a wreck

Never allow a crises to go to waste

The biggest mis conception of Obama is that he inherited a Government that was in shambles. The banking sector and the housing sector was in shambles but the U.S. govt. Was not in that bad of shape.
In fact:
2007 we were within 163 billion of a balanced budget
2008 we signed the peace treaty with Iraq that today we see has came to pass, all troops will be gone in 8 weeks or so
Tarp and the 250 billion that GWB Admin used stopped the banking collapsed and that sector was turned around in months. Not like it was in 07, but also not collapsing either. Most of that money we got back in months

So exactly what was it that Obama inherited that forced him to spend over 4 trillion dollars we did not have?

It's seldom that we see a post with so much wrong with it all in one place.

JRK, you truly don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

The biggest mis conception of Obama is that he inherited a Government that was in shambles. The banking sector and the housing sector was in shambles but the U.S. govt. Was not in that bad of shape.
In fact:
2007 we were within 163 billion of a balanced budget
2008 we signed the peace treaty with Iraq that today we see has came to pass, all troops will be gone in 8 weeks or so
Tarp and the 250 billion that GWB Admin used stopped the banking collapsed and that sector was turned around in months. Not like it was in 07, but also not collapsing either. Most of that money we got back in months

So exactly what was it that Obama inherited that forced him to spend over 4 trillion dollars we did not have?

It's seldom that we see a post with so much wrong with it all in one place.

JRK, you truly don't know what the fuck you are talking about.
Are you attempting to deny that Obama signed the remaining portions of the 2008 budget?

Forum List

Back