CDZ There may be hope for Millennials

usmbguest5318

Gold Member
Jan 1, 2017
D.C.
Like parents are wont to do, I harbor a measure of trepidation about what the world will be like some twenty years hence when I and the rest of my generation necessarily cedes the future to today's young people (18-30 year-olds). I don't write much about that on here; however, my kids hear it from me all the time. I'm not worried about my kids' role in the future for I'm well aware they have "got it goin' on." No, who concern me are the millions of young people who've come of age thinking that Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TMZ are where they should primarily look for the information they need to assess and understand the world in which they live.

PI_17.08.23_socialMediaUpdate_0-06.png

Well, the other day, my son suggested I watch a program called The Daily Show because one of his classmates was going to be on the show. I recorded the show and watched it this morning. I have to say, I was impressed. The woman is Yara Shahidi (see also: Teenage Queens Rowan Blanchard and Yara Shahidi Are SLAYING Our December Cover), who was born in Minnesota.

The young lady comported herself quite well, all the more so considering that she's seventeen. Watch the interview and see for yourself: . Miss Shahidi exhibited more gravitas and perspicasity in explaining her choices and the themes and motifs of a television show than does the current POTUS explaining public policy and his own behavior.

That is something I see among my kids and their friends. It's something I see among the folks in "my world." It's not something I see when I watch "man on the street" interviews of Trumpkins who are asked simple questions and offer simpleton responses to them.

(Here one'll find the full video that Fox edited to make it appear that Obama said illegals can vote.)

Of course, one need not be a self-identified Trumpkin to be f*cking ignorant.

As you can see from the videos and linked content above, there is ample reason to sing the praises of the occasional intelligent young (or old, for that matter) person who comes to one's attention. Of course, the question of how many in number be intelligent young people like Miss Shahidi remains unanswered; thus while I'm somewhat less woeful, my concerns are not fully abated....

ahhh dumb kids is a new trend LOL
Thats part of the problem with you older folks. Not only did YOU guys raise that generation, you are completely ignorant.

Like parents are wont to do, I harbor a measure of trepidation about what the world will be like some twenty years hence when I and the rest of my generation necessarily cedes the future to today's young people (18-30 year-olds). I don't write much about that on here; however, my kids hear it from me all the time. I'm not worried about my kids' role in the future for I'm well aware they have "got it goin' on." No, who concern me are the millions of young people who've come of age thinking that Snapchat, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TMZ are where they should primarily look for the information they need to assess and understand the world in which they live.

PI_17.08.23_socialMediaUpdate_0-06.png

Well, the other day, my son suggested I watch a program called The Daily Show because one of his classmates was going to be on the show. I recorded the show and watched it this morning. I have to say, I was impressed. The woman is Yara Shahidi (see also: Teenage Queens Rowan Blanchard and Yara Shahidi Are SLAYING Our December Cover), who was born in Minnesota.

The young lady comported herself quite well, all the more so considering that she's seventeen. Watch the interview and see for yourself: . Miss Shahidi exhibited more gravitas and perspicasity in explaining her choices and the themes and motifs of a television show than does the current POTUS explaining public policy and his own behavior.

That is something I see among my kids and their friends. It's something I see among the folks in "my world." It's not something I see when I watch "man on the street" interviews of Trumpkins who are asked simple questions and offer simpleton responses to them.

(Here one'll find the full video that Fox edited to make it appear that Obama said illegals can vote.)

Of course, one need not be a self-identified Trumpkin to be f*cking ignorant.

As you can see from the videos and linked content above, there is ample reason to sing the praises of the occasional intelligent young (or old, for that matter) person who comes to one's attention. Of course, the question of how many in number be intelligent young people like Miss Shahidi remains unanswered; thus while I'm somewhat less woeful, my concerns are not fully abated....

Of course , with the way public indoctrination through education, you can understand why people are dumber than a box of rocks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back