CDZ There is strength in numbers

1. Perhaps the individual has other more pressing individual responsibilities that preclude taking the time to get informed. Perhaps the individual has no faith in the the information available to them to get themselves informed.

Perhaps the Individual doesn't want to and prefers relying on- information is limitless in this day and time- that's choosing to remain ignorant. That's a weakness, an excuse is used in an attempt to justify, a reason is a sound explanation.

You are guessing and then judging the individual(s) as though you guesses are fact. That is not reasonable.

2. Calling it a weakness is a value judgement. Some people are simply stupid. If a stupid person, decides to defer to more intelligent people, is that a weakness, or a sign of emotional maturity?

Perhaps I prefer to call it a weakness- stupid can't be fixed though some do work hard at maintaining it- ignorance can be remedied if one wants to- one being key, the Individual- emotional maturity is multi faceted and, again, key is one- numbers don't change that, when the emotions do mature what then? They discover what?

I thinking recognizing your own limitations and deferring to those smarter or wiser or more experienced, shows emotional maturity. Simply demanding that you have it your way, is nothing but egotism, if you have no real reason to believe that your way is in any way "Better".

3. In your final point, you introduce the possibility of misrepresentation by the leaders. That is a whole other kettle of fish, apart from the concept of working together

My point is, leaders are known as Individuals, numbers aren't. Why? Leaders rarely "work" anything but their mouth, they want others to work for them (especially in today's climate/environment)- yet, "true leadership is for the benefit of the follower, not the enrichment of the leader"- only the intentionally ignorant ignore that, and, who most benefits from intentional misinterpretation by "a" leader?

Our current political class, or as you put it, "today's environment" are certainly NOT working for the benefit of the "follower".

But is that a strike against the idea of working together, or more something to do with our current state of cultural decay?

Forum List

Back