There is something seriously warped about this Duggar statement

I am generally tolerant, initially, if someone says they are religious, Christian, etc. I give them the benefit of the doubt because I know there are good Christians, that is they are just as good as any good person and, as Christians, do their best to adhere to the true tenets of their religion.

In the job I'm in now, in my first year, I worked with two women who said they were Christians, who spoke of being religious and of going to church. I believed they were good people as that is the way they presented themselves. I was very friendly with them because I believed they were good people. Both of them totally fucked me over during that year, worse than most people in my entire life have, one of them after I had spent a couple of hours the day before on my computer doing research for her to help her in her job: she was new that year too. The other one was downright cruel to me for no reason and completely betrayed what I thought was a friendship. Sad to say, far more often than not, so called Christians are the most self centered, dishonest, vicious people going. That was the last time I have given any religious person the benefit of the doubt. From now on, they need to prove without doubt they are good people or I don't believe them.

This forum shows over and over again that many of those who claim to be Christians or godly people are nothing of the kind.
Have you ever though it was you? Your contempt for Christians was obvious from the first post you sent to me writing things that I did not post and questioning my intelligence with insults.

I could be wrong, but I think that contempt is directed specifically at you.

You are probably correct, although my experience with Christians is the polar opposite of hers and yours. I pity both of you rather than hold you in contempt.

There are a helluva lot more hypocrites sitting at home watching the Sunday morning TV shows than there are in Church. There are a few hypocrites in Church on Sunday, but most of them know they are sinners and are looking for repentance and a way to overcome their sins through Christ.
Some succeed, some don't. It is that simple.

And some have swallowed every word mentioned by the politically minded religious right-wing and don't try to find out what the Bible really says. They have misinterpreted what the Bible says and are actually doing the opposite of what Jesus taught. Fact.

I read somewhere that the forgiveness of sins was important. What did you read in your Bible that said different.

Forgiveness is what Jesus commends. But, that doesn't mean that a Christian should look the other way when a criminal violates a child and should consider him to be exempt from the law. We can forgive someone for their sins, but that doesn't mean exempt them from the law. You are confusing two different things.

If all we had to do was forgive people when they commit crimes, we wouldn't need any jails and we would all be safer, right?

Have you ever though it was you? Your contempt for Christians was obvious from the first post you sent to me writing things that I did not post and questioning my intelligence with insults.

You are probably correct, although my experience with Christians is the polar opposite of hers and yours. I pity both of you rather than hold you in contempt.

There are a helluva lot more hypocrites sitting at home watching the Sunday morning TV shows than there are in Church. There are a few hypocrites in Church on Sunday, but most of them know they are sinners and are looking for repentance and a way to overcome their sins through Christ.

And some have swallowed every word mentioned by the politically minded religious right-wing and don't try to find out what the Bible really says. They have misinterpreted what the Bible says and are actually doing the opposite of what Jesus taught. Fact.

I read somewhere that the forgiveness of sins was important. What did you read in your Bible that said different.

Forgiveness is what Jesus commends. But, that doesn't mean that a Christian should look the other way when a criminal violates a child and should consider him to be exempt from the law. We can forgive someone for their sins, but that doesn't mean exempt them from the law. You are confusing two different things.

If all we had to do was forgive people when they commit crimes, we wouldn't need any jails and we would all be safer, right?

No one is a criminal until they are arrested, indicted and convicted. I know who is confused and it isn't me.

No one is a criminal until they are arrested, indicted and convicted. I know who is confused and it isn't me.

And Duggar may never be arrested, indicted and convicted even though he has confessed, because of people like you, who look the other way and claim that he is cured when you don't know him anymore than we knew Cosby. Sandowsky could have gotten away with his crime, too, had it not been for a brave victim.

And, you are confused.

19 Victims and Counting: New details emerge concerning Josh Duggar’s sexual abuse of children, and the cover-up of his crime by parents Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar.

According to a Washington County Sheriff’s report recently obtained by In Touch magazine, Josh Duggar confessed that he was sexually molesting children, including his sisters and a family friend, to his father, Jim Bob Duggar, on at least three separate occasions.

Sheriff s Report 15-Year-Old Josh Duggar molested 5-Year-Old Sister

I was going to donate a box of condoms, but i changed my mind. I suspect that they would have thought that they were balloons with which one can blow up, and twist into animal likenesses.

Forum List

Back