There is only one race - THE HUMAN RACE.

u2scram

Oct 26, 2010
UHN: Clinics & Services

All humans are incredibly alike. only 0.2% genetic differences. (in the average zebra herd there is @ a 25% difference).

"Did you know all human beings are 99.8% the same?
Human genetics is an area of science and medicine that describes how traits are inherited (passed down from one family member to another). The human genome is the complete set of coded instructions that are needed to make a person. These instructions are encoded in deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). Our DNA is coiled into structures called chromosomes. Sections of DNA along each chromosome are referred to as genes. Each gene codes for one specific instruction to help our bodies to grow and develop."

celebrate our common humanity & viva le difference!

what a stupid argument. so what if most of us have the same number of fingers and toes? how does that change the obvious and measurable differences that exist between races?

Add chimpanzees, and it goes to 98 percent.

What that demonstrates is that very tiny genetic differences make a WORLD of difference in terms of behavior, intelligence, appearance.

In other words, race is real. Race matters. And races live best amongst themselves, not forcibly mixed in a government stew of hatred and dischord.

""In other words, race is real.""

no it means that human beings are different. one person may like baseball another,loathe it but like opera. and they may be brothers.

it has nothing to do with geography. we are all human and have way more in common with each other than any other species on the planet.

Last edited:

All humans are incredibly alike. only 0.2% genetic differences. (in the average zebra herd there is @ a 25% difference).

Human genetics is an area of science and medicine that describes how traits are inherited (passed down from one family member to another). The human genome is the complete set of coded instructions that are needed to make a person. These instructions are encoded in deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). Our DNA is coiled into structures called chromosomes. Sections of DNA along each chromosome are referred to as genes. Each gene codes for one specific instruction to help our bodies to grow and develop."

All very well, but in reality, there are different ethnic and racial divisions of humans, and cultural differences that go along with them. Some of those differences clash with one another. Often, birds of a feather flock together, it's just a fact of life. It's perfectly natural for folk to feel more at home with their own kind.

All very well, but in reality, there are different ethnic and racial divisions of humans, and cultural differences that go along with them. Some of those differences clash with one another. Often, birds of a feather flock together, it's just a fact of life. It's perfectly natural for folk to feel more at home with their own kind.
i'm at home with my own kind
i am comfortable with all humans

no it means that human beings are different. one person may like baseball another,loathe it but like opera. and they may be brothers.

it has nothing to do with geography. we are all human and have way more in common with each other than any other species on the planet.

So if we're all so cozy genetically, then why do why kill each other?

I'm not comfortable with all people. For instance, there are some on this site who seem to be mentally unbalanced (not you, btw). Some people are too loud, confrontational, overbearing, and downright mean. Others are needy, whiny, pathetic. There are just some people I really don't care to be around.

I'm not comfortable with all people. For instance, there are some on this site who seem to be mentally unbalanced (not you, btw). Some people are too loud, confrontational, overbearing, and downright mean. Others are needy, whiny, pathetic. There are just some people I really don't care to be around.
but dont those characteristics cross all ethnic barriers?

Of course.

But, I do personally find a certain barrier between me, and say someone from the Black culture. There are differences in communications style, personal space, eye contact, and other social styles. I can like a person who is Black, but still feel more comfortable around people of my own subgroup. It doesn't make me a bad person.

Of course.

But, I do personally find a certain barrier between me, and say someone from the Black culture. There are differences in communications style, personal space, eye contact, and other social styles. I can like a person who is Black, but still feel more comfortable around people of my own subgroup. It doesn't make me a bad person.
it matters nothing to me the pigmentation of someones skin, the shape of their nose, hair type, eye color
people are people

Of course.

it matters nothing to me the pigmentation of someones skin, the shape of their nose, hair type, eye color
people are people

Sure, people are people. But cultural differences are very real and do affect communications styles. What is rude in one culture is acceptable in another.

Of course.

people are people

Sure, people are people. But cultural differences are very real and do affect communications styles. What is rude in one culture is acceptable in another.

culture is heavily influenced by genetically produced natural tendencies. it is no surprise that blacks do not produce the same type of culture as whites because they do not have the same set of abilities and characters. executive function is the term for a group of inborn characteristics that dominate the 'character' of an individual. the executive function appears to be even more heritable than intelligence or atheletic ability.

It has a lot to do with geography. That is the locus of evolutionary honing of genetic similarity.

Read Cavalli-Sforza.

Oh, wait. You're never going to do that.

It has a lot to do with geography. That is the locus of evolutionary honing of genetic similarity.

Read Cavalli-Sforza.

Oh, wait. You're never going to do that.

the odd part is that many people who believe in Evolution somehow don't think that mankind was also shaped by evolutionary forces due to different surroundings.

""many people who believe in Evolution somehow don't think that mankind was also shaped by evolutionary forces due to different surroundings.""

the surroundings make a difference, but that doesnt alter the fact that we are all human.

if you change from a sedentary office job to an active physical job it will change your musculature. but it will not alter the fact that you are a human being.

Some of us are a bit more "human" than others, but it has nothing to do with race.
Recognizing this is a sign that you may be more human than those who do not.
Just my opinion/observation.

the isolation of populations and the differing environmental pressures have nothing to do with geography?

Forum List

Back