There is only one G-D

CMike

Zionist, proud to be
Oct 25, 2009
G-D said so numerous times. G-d said don't trust anyone but him.

What is unclear?

Torah Sources - Jewish Israel

TORAH SOURCES:
Shemot (Exodus) 20:2-3
"I am the L-rd thy God, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other gods before Me" ("You shall not recognize the gods of others in My presense").

Shemot (Exodus) 20:18
"One who brings offerings to the gods shall be destroyed - only to Hashem alone!"

Bamidbar (Numbers) 23:19
“G-d is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should relent.”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 4:15
“Take good heed of yourselves, for you saw no manner of form on that day when G-d spoke to you at Horeb...”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 4:35
“Unto you it was shown, that you might know, that the L-rd is G-d, there is none else besides Him.”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 4:39
“Know this day, and lay it in your heart, that the L-rd is G-d, in the heavens above and on the earth below, there is none else.”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 6:4
"Hear, O Israel: The L-rd is our G-d, the L-rd is One".

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 11:16-17
“Be careful lest your heart is seduced, that you turn away and serve other gods and that you bow down to them. And then the L-rd’s anger will burn against you and He will shut up the heavens and there will be no rain and the land will not yield its produce. You will be quickly cut off from the good land that the L-rd is giving to you.”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 13:1-2
"Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it. If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer, and he gives you a sign or a miracle. And the sign or miracle comes to pass, and he calls on you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods, whom you have not known, and let us worship them.’ You shall not listen to that prophet or dreamer. For G-d is testing you, to see whether you love the L-rd your G-d with all your heart and with all your soul"

THE PROPHETS
Yirmiyahu (Jeremiah) 16:19-20
"To You the nations will come from the distant parts of the land" and they will confess, 'Our ancestors inherited falsehood, futility that has no purpose. Can a man make a god? The man not being a god?'"

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 40:18
"To whom can you liken God? Or what likeness can you compare to him?"

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 42:8
"I am G-d; that is My Name. I will not grant My honor to anyone else or My glory to idols."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 43:10
"You are My witnesses," says G-d, "and My servant whom I chose," in order that you know and believe Me, and understand that I am He; before Me no god was formed and after Me none shall be."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 43:11
" I am G-d, I alone. There is no Savior besides Me."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 45:5
"Thus says G-d, the King of Israel and its Redeemer, the L-rd of Hosts, "I am the first and I am the last, and there is no god besides Me."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 45:22
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth, for I am G-d, and there is no other."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 46:5
"To whom can you liken Me and whom can you declare My equal? To what can you compare Me that we should seem similar?"

Why do you edit your "o's" ?

As a general rule of thumb, practising Jews do not write the name God because of the laws delivered by Moses which are found in Deuteronomy 12:3-12:4. In this passage, the Jews are instructed to destroy anything and everything associated with their rival’s gods, and they are not to let this happen to their own God. Writing G-d instead of God is one way to prevent others from destroying the name of God.

GOD.

especially not on a computer screen which gets refreshed several times a second.

But anyway that's the convention. It is done out of respect, which is a fine reason for most any custom.

especially not on a computer screen which gets refreshed several times a second.

But anyway that's the convention. It is done out of respect, which is a fine reason for most any custom.

Respect, heh. The most under-appreciated Societal human to human humility.

People are selfish, pass it on.

Oh fine, make me feel guilty for spelling HIS name out.

:lol:

Thats rich..now we have to respect fairy tales?

Hey ...There is no god... why don't you dream up something a little less overbearing and more credible.

Slim Shady said so numerous times. Slim Shady said don't trust anyone but him.

What is unclear?

Torah Sources - Jewish Israel

TORAH SOURCES:
Shemot (Exodus) 20:2-3
"I am the real Slim thy Shady, who brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. Thou shalt have no other Slim Shadys before Me" ("You shall not recognize the gods of others in My presense").

Shemot (Exodus) 20:18
"One who brings offerings to the other Slim Shadys shall be destroyed - only to Hashem alone!"

Bamidbar (Numbers) 23:19
“Slim SHady is not a man that He should lie, nor a son of man, that He should relent.”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 4:15
“Take good heed of yourselves, for you saw no manner of form on that day when Slim SHady spoke to you at Horeb...”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 4:35
“Unto you it was shown, that you might know, that the Slim is Shady, there is none else besides Him.”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 4:39
“Know this day, and lay it in your heart, that the Slim is Shady, in the heavens above and on the earth below, there is none else.”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 6:4
"Hear, O Israel: The real Slim Shady is our Slim, the Slim is Shady".

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 11:16-17
“Be careful lest your heart is seduced, that you turn away and serve other gods and that you bow down to them. And then the Slim Shady's anger will burn against you and He will shut up the heavens and there will be no rain and the land will not yield its produce. You will be quickly cut off from the good land that the real Slim Shady is giving to you.”

Devarim (Deuteronomy) 13:1-2
"Everything I command you that you shall be careful to do it. You shall neither add to it, nor subtract from it. If there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer, and he gives you a sign or a miracle. And the sign or miracle comes to pass, and he calls on you, saying, ‘Let us go after other gods, whom you have not known, and let us worship them.’ You shall not listen to that prophet or dreamer. For Slim Shady is testing you, to see whether you love the Slim your Shady with all your heart and with all your soul"

THE PROPHETS
Yirmiyahu (Jeremiah) 16:19-20
"To You the nations will come from the distant parts of the land" and they will confess, 'Our ancestors inherited falsehood, futility that has no purpose. Can a man make a Slim Shady? The man not being a Slim Shady?'"

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 40:18
"To whom can you liken Slim Shady? Or what likeness can you compare to him?"

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 42:8
"I am Slim Shady; that is My Name. I will not grant My honor to anyone else or My glory to idols."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 43:10
"You are My witnesses," says Slim Shady, "and My servant whom I chose," in order that you know and believe Me, and understand that I am He; before Me no god was formed and after Me none shall be."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 43:11
" I am Slim Shady, I alone. There is no Slim Shady besides Me."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 45:5
"Thus says Slim Shady, the King of Israel and its Redeemer, the Slim of Hosts, "I am the first and I am the last, and there is no Slim Shady besides Me."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 45:22
"Turn to Me and be saved, all the ends of the earth, for I am Slim Shady, and there is no other."

Yeshayahu (Isaiah) 46:5
"To whom can you liken Me and whom can you declare My equal? To what can you compare Me that we should seem similar?"

I could NOT agree MORE!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upZYRQr47l0&feature=fvst]YouTube - Eminem - The Real Slim Shady MUSIC VIDEO[/ame]

* :rofl: I'm sorry, I had to ...

Last edited:
Hi GT:

The Jews have yet to figure out that Jesus Christ is the "Lord God" (Gen. 2:4+ = my CF.com Topic = more Topics) of the Old Testament. They remove the 'o,' because they do n-t even know Him coming to "His Temple" . . . and that is why they agreed to 'Crucify Him' in the first place . . .

In Christ Jesus,

Terral

LOL That's a good one. G-D is spelled G-D in judaism because:

1) Jews don't want to take the name of G-D in vain

and

2) We don't want to write it and see it erased.

Jews are just doing what G-D told them to do in numerous passages. that I quoted.

G-D can and only worship the G-D of Abraham, Jacob, and Issac. Jesus has nothing to do with Judaism or the Torah (OT). Jesus is a christian invention.

Christianity by definition centers on jesus. For jesus it is a very grave sin to trust or worship any other person/being than the one and only G-D of the jews.

And no jews don't not spell out G-D because they don't know him yet:cuckoo:

Hi GT:

The Jews have yet to figure out that Jesus Christ is the "Lord God" (Gen. 2:4+ = my CF.com Topic = more Topics) of the Old Testament. They remove the 'o,' because they do n-t even know Him coming to "His Temple" . . . and that is why they agreed to 'Crucify Him' in the first place . . .

In Christ Jesus,

Terral

I am almost afraid to ask.

This is Genesis 2:4

4. These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, on the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven

What on earth does this have to do with Jesus?

That's odd, the term "God" isn't really a 'name'. I don't see how it would be using his name in vain especially if you are discussing scripture. Do you pronounce it "Gee - Dee" when speaking outloud?

Hi GT:

In Christ Jesus,

Terral

I am almost afraid to ask.

This is Genesis 2:4

4. These are the generations of the heavens and the earth when they were created, on the day that the Lord God made earth and heaven

What on earth does this have to do with Jesus?

Ahhh Terral loves to spin everything..

NIV reads it this way:

4 This is the account of the heavens and the earth when they were created.
When the LORD God made the earth and the heavens- 5 and no shrub of the field had yet appeared on the earth and no plant of the field had yet sprung up, for the LORD God had not sent rain on the earth [c] and there was no man to work the ground, 6 but streams [d] came up from the earth and watered the whole surface of the ground- 7 the LORD God formed the man [e] from the dust of the ground and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life, and the man became a living being.

8 Now the LORD God had planted a garden in the east, in Eden; and there he put the man he had formed. 9 And the LORD God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

And Terral reads the bible as if it is a Childs storybook, and completely literal, from page to page, and he also seems to think it is completely chronological, also.. Oh and anything he disagrees with, he spins it into something else that he has been taught by his likeminded childrens storybook false teachers, and writes his own book, while he is at it.

Terral is an idiot who apparently thinks he is some kind of... G_d or something.. :lol:

Forum List

Back