There is Only One Crime in a Free Society

The question was, in a nutshell, is drug possession and prostitution a crime?

You answered: In fact they do.:lol:

(I get why you did it, but the conversation just looks funny).

On a more serious note... I don't see how me smoking a joint in my living room on my personal time "in fact" infringes on your right to liberty and freedom and all that good stuff.

I can tell you how the legislating of what you feel is "moral behavior" is infringing upon my individual liberties and freedoms, in two simple words: F*CK OFF.
I never said I was for legislating morality. Though I see an awful lot of it coming from the majority party over the past two years. But that is okay I suppose.

Who said it was "okay" for ANYBODY to legislate morality? (Besides you). What specific legislation are you talking about?
??

What, no one can read a thread anymore? I said nothing about legislating morality. I was replying to an accusation of wanting to legislate morality. Which I do not want to do.

I never said I was for legislating morality. Though I see an awful lot of it coming from the majority party over the past two years. But that is okay I suppose.

Who said it was "okay" for ANYBODY to legislate morality? (Besides you). What specific legislation are you talking about?
??

What, no one can read a thread anymore? I said nothing about legislating morality. I was replying to an accusation of wanting to legislate morality. Which I do not want to do.

"never said I was for legislating morality. Though I see an awful lot of it coming from the majority party over the past two years. But that is okay I suppose."

What does the 2nd sentence mean if you are not talking about legislating morality? I think we read just fine, but please enlighten us on what you meant

In fact they do. I bet you cannot fathom how though.

The question was, in a nutshell, is drug possession and prostitution a crime?

You answered: In fact they do.:lol:

(I get why you did it, but the conversation just looks funny).

On a more serious note... I don't see how me smoking a joint in my living room on my personal time "in fact" infringes on your right to liberty and freedom and all that good stuff.

I can tell you how the legislating of what you feel is "moral behavior" is infringing upon my individual liberties and freedoms, in two simple words: F*CK OFF.

Wow. I thought smoking pot was supposed to make you chill out a bit...

Yeah, really. Too bad I have a job with random piss testing, and I'm on delayed-entry which means another random piss test every once and a while.

??

"never said I was for legislating morality. Though I see an awful lot of it coming from the majority party over the past two years. But that is okay I suppose."

What does the 2nd sentence mean if you are not talking about legislating morality? I think we read just fine, but please enlighten us on what you meant

That's what I'd love to know.

??

Okay, one time only.

Read this link: http://www.usmessageboard.com/2000231-post12.html

It is post 12 of this thread. This is where legislating morality was brought into the conversation.

I believe in minimal government, which means minimal laws. Simply put, when someone says that we have to have a law to do something for these people, they are taking their morality and forcing it upon Me.

The only crime that can be committed in a free society is the violation of another person's liberty, freedom, and pursuit of happiness.

Over half of our incarcerated criminals are in jail for crimes that do not violate another persons liberty, freedom or pursuit of happiness

??

Okay, one time only.

It is post 12 of this thread. This is where legislating morality was brought into the conversation.

I believe in minimal government, which means minimal laws. Simply put, when someone says that we have to have a law to do something for these people, they are taking their morality and forcing it upon Me.

Umm, that is one horrible example of "legislating morality".

Okay, one time only.

Umm, that is one horrible example of "legislating morality".
I wasn't using that post as an example of legislating morality. I was using it as proof of who and when legislating morality first came into the discussion.

The only crime that can be committed in a free society is the violation of another person's liberty, freedom, and pursuit of happiness.

Over half of our incarcerated criminals are in jail for crimes that do not violate another persons liberty, freedom or pursuit of happiness

It shouldn't be that way.

I just don't want my tax dollars going to house and feed someone whose only crime is shooting crap up their arms

One may add ..."And an unfettered right to private property", or words to that effect. In fact private property rights are the sum total of all other rights.

I see what you are saying because your person, responsibilities (children, family, employees, etc, etc, and etc), money, and etc can be considered your 'property' or something you have control over thus ensuring your freedom with that control.

I think things like property rights or any other kind of right appears when a government only acts to protect your freedom. It exist naturally. It does not need to be declared.

Forum List

Back