There Is Nothing to Stop

Banks require collateral for loans.

Student loans have been backed by taxpayers for years. (One of the big causes of education inflation, btw - too much easy taxpayer money).

Students lack a borrowing base and income qualification - won't work, especially with the new regulations and capital requirements being put in place.

but their mommies and daddies have the collateral and the borrowing power.. stick it to those suckers in dc who think they can dicate who the fuck you will or will not borrow money from..

so only people with well off parents should be allowed college? what if your parents credit is bad which generally isn't because of hte kid's action?
I think you're right. Increase that divide between rich and poor. Cons love that idea, even though most aren't wealthy enough for it to do them any good. It helps out their rich leaders though.

a student from going to a private bank, taking out a loan and spending it on his or her education is there??? just don't call it a student loan.. stick it to those assholes in washington..

Why can't kids work their way through College? I did. And when I got out, there were no loans to pay off.

it has good and bad sides. the good is that theoretically academic time is spent more wisely since free time is minimized. i definately saw working people learn time managment very well.

on the other hand, many people get worse grades due to time spent at work and don't get to be as active in groups related to their major b/c they always have work. This hurts them when they finally do graduate. Most people working also take less classes than those that don't, meaning they are in college longer when, if they took loans they could be "in the real world" faster and pursing/advancing their career.

I had the best of both worlds, got a full academic scholarship and worked during the summer to pay my other expenses for the year.

Why dont we just change the entire system of education so that people who want education can get so without paying through their teeth?

but their mommies and daddies have the collateral and the borrowing power.. stick it to those suckers in dc who think they can dicate who the fuck you will or will not borrow money from..

so only people with well off parents should be allowed college? what if your parents credit is bad which generally isn't because of hte kid's action?
I think you're right. Increase that divide between rich and poor. Cons love that idea, even though most aren't wealthy enough for it to do them any good. It helps out their rich leaders though.

Stop driving up the price of tuition with easy money and you wont have this problem will you?

also, banks would basically have to do the exact same thing student loan people are doing. you pay 0 on student loans until you graduate and you acquire 0 interest until you start paying. your amount due per month is also scaled to your post-grad job salary. I seriously doubt many banks are going to agree to terms like that.
Tehy dont.

If the fucking government didn't take over student loans, then it couldn't collect the interest on said loans so as to fund health care "reform"

Yes, parents can cosign for loans.

They'd be better off taking out home equity loans and writing off the interest. You can't do that with college loans.

you gotta pay close attention, I said,, I think, go borrow from a private bank,,just don't call ita student loan,, so an equity loan will do nicely.. stick it to those assholes who think they can dictate,, they gonna give the little old community banks a shitload of our money,, little republican kids ought to get mom and dad to borrow some ..

Hell yes that will show those suckers

Go to a private bank, pay a higher interest rate (How's 12% + sound?), begin paying it back immediately.

Stick it to the man

:lol:

They'd be better off taking out home equity loans and writing off the interest. You can't do that with college loans.

Yeah great idea, and then when Junior the free spirit drops out in his 3rd year and heads for Patagonia to find himself, you and mom can pay off the loan.

or just default on the loan and let the assholes in washington bail you out,, free education for me but not for thee..

you gotta pay close attention, I said,, I think, go borrow from a private bank,,just don't call ita student loan,, so an equity loan will do nicely.. stick it to those assholes who think they can dictate,, they gonna give the little old community banks a shitload of our money,, little republican kids ought to get mom and dad to borrow some ..

Hell yes that will show those suckers

Go to a private bank, pay a higher interest rate (How's 12% + sound?), begin paying it back immediately.

Stick it to the man

no,, don't pay it back, default..we need bail out too bro.

a student from going to a private bank, taking out a loan and spending it on his or her education is there??? just don't call it a student loan.. stick it to those assholes in washington..

Nothing except that few college bound people can actually borrow that much money from a bank.

The ONLY reason most people can borrow so much for college is because the banks know that the loan is guaranteed.

Did you really not know that?

There is always the old fashioned way - working one's way through school.

Many of us have done and are doing it.

Seems to me that most undergrads who borrow money to go to college are also working their way through at the same time.

I mean I guess some people make $40,000 a year working part time jobs.

But seriously, how many successful criminals actually matriculate?

Nothing except that few college bound people can actually borrow that much money from a bank.

The ONLY reason most people can borrow so much for college is because the banks know that the loan is guaranteed.

Did you really not know that?

yes I did.. know that,,, mom and dad,, should go to the bank, borrow all the money from the bank,, send kid to college.. default on the loan declare bankrupts cry foreclosure let gov. bail them out,, free education,,

Forum List

Back