There is nothing scarier on this earth...

than being the mother of a teenager or two.

Fuckin Marines are pussies in comparison.

Prove me wrong.

Nah. I could make your teenager appear to be an angel.:badgrin: It's all relevant.

Try being the single male parent of a female teenager.

Btw, ma'am ... the majority of Marines ARE teenagers on their first enlistments. The career force is about 20-25%. Try herding 80 of THOSE at a time. And yes, I WAS their mother.:evil:

Gunny and his children

NBI2177.jpg

Nah ... it's more like herding cats.:lol:

than being the mother of a teenager or two.

Fuckin Marines are pussies in comparison.

Prove me wrong.

Could be worse - you could be the mother of 2 teenagers in the Marines in Iraq

Both my brothers were Army officers and I was an enlisted Marine in Iraq, at the same time. Glad my mother wasn't a basket-case who didn't understand we were doing what WE chose to do.

Wait until your daughter marries a piece of shit, self-centered, clueless piece of trash and they have kid that knows me better than him because he's in love with his fucking piece-of-shit wannabe race car. I had more peace of mind when she WAS in Iraq in the Army.

i will go with being any active duty ...is harder....as a mother i could control a lot of things....i was not nor am i now a slack mother..does that mean i can stop the trouble totally...o hell no...but being a active duty is hard as hell....you just never know what is going to go down

There ain't nothing like that first time they pull out of the driveway and head down the road behind the wheel of a car and there ain't an adult in the car with them.
Now that's nerve-wracking.
lol...so true. I laughed at my parents for being worried and that wasn't all that long ago. And they had every reason to believe I wasn't capable. :( And damn, if the roads haven't supersized themselves since I was a teen.

Wait until you hear yourself telling them the same things your parents told you that you swore to yourself you would NEVER tell your kids.:lol:

I hate when that happens.

And the thought of the boy getting in a car with friends scares me to death.

You want to protect 'em from their own stupid and you can't.

You want to protect 'em from their own stupid and you can't.

YUP!

And then eventually you realize that their youthful stupid, and your former youthful stupid, look remarkably similar.

Planet+of+the+apes.jpg

DAMN YOU GENES! Damn you all to hell!​

Yep. Nothing scarier than being the mother of a teenager or two.

Must be infinitely more scary than being toasted in a tank...

attachment.php

and certainly more scary than losing your limbs in battle...

attachment.php

Do me a favour! You don't know what scary really is!!!
I still say I'm correct. It's a different feeling to be afraid for yourself than it is for your kids...didn't mean to insult you.

I still say I'm correct. It's a different feeling to be afraid for yourself than it is for your kids...didn't mean to insult you.

No offence taken. Just trying to make a point.
No problem...I was having a bad night and quite honestly I couldn't imagine anything that could scare me more than something happening to one of my kids.

No offence taken. Just trying to make a point.
No problem...I was having a bad night and quite honestly I couldn't imagine anything that could scare me more than something happening to one of my kids.

all respect to Bootneck, but i can't either.

Forum List

Back