There is nothing progressive about "progressives"

tap4154

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2012
Surf City USA
Let's just stipulate that fact.

Actually, a better name for them would be "regressive", since that what's their policies are.

They'd have us all living in communes if they could had their way. Eating wheat grass and reading by candlelight or wood fires... or maybe not reading at all because candles and fires release EVIL CO2 into the air.

I'd hardly call destroying people's Freedoms to fit an ideology progressive... But that's just me.

Actually, a better name for them would be "regressive", since that what's their policies are.

They'd have us all living in communes if they could had their way. Eating wheat grass and reading by candlelight or wood fires... or maybe not reading at all because candles and fires release EVIL CO2 into the air.

You forgot the most important objection to reading in any way: educated people are harder to control. We can't have THAT.

Let's NOT stipulate that. You've created a strawman. I reject all your points. You've created a simplistic tableau that doesn't fit the facts. Just ask, how many progressives on the board live the way you say we live? Not me and I doubt very few others. We're progressives NOT hippies. There's a difference.

You're really quite stupid.

Please be less so.

Let's NOT stipulate that. You've created a strawman. I reject all your points. You've created a simplistic tableau that doesn't fit the facts. Just ask, how many progressives on the board live the way you say we live? Not me and I doubt very few others. We're progressives NOT hippies. There's a difference.

You forget that its not that they want us to live how they live, its they want us to live how THEY THINK WE should live. The governmental elite will not have to follow the same rules imposed on the proles.

I'd hardly call destroying people's Freedoms to fit an ideology progressive... But that's just me.

No, it is regressive.

However, it IS consistent for liberals to name themselves and their bills and laws just the opposite of what they are.

Like the "Patient Protection & Affordable Care Act", which does nothing but increase our costs, incentivize businesses to dump employee heathcare coverage and pay the less expensive tax, while removing great options like HDHI and ASAs.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back