"There Is Nobody There"

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Too busy, too many photo ops and trips to Chicago, Camp David, get out of the way...

Don Surber » Blog Archive » “There is nobody there”

Barack Obama is too busy posing for magazine covers to actually do the job to which he was elected.

There is a price to be paid when a president throws a party every other night, weekends in Chicago or Camp David and poses for magazine cover after magazine cover.

After 51 days in office, Barack Obama has appointed only 73 people to 1,200 jobs that require Senate confirmation.

If they require Senate approval, they are important jobs.

But Obama is too busy to properly vet the people and appoint them to fill the jobs to get the work done.

That is his job.

And he shirks it.

And now we pay the price.

The London Independent reported: “Last week, it was all smiles and handshakes as Gordon Brown and President Barack Obama put on a show of unity in Washington.

“But yesterday, Sir Gus O’Donnell, Britain’s most senior civil servant, exposed transatlantic tension when he protested that Downing Street was finding it ‘unbelievably difficult’ to plan for next month’s G20 summit in London because of problems tracking down senior figures in the US administration. ‘There is nobody there. You cannot believe how difficult it is,’ the Cabinet Secretary told a civil service conference in Gateshead.”....

Last edited:
Too busy, too many photo ops and trips to Chicago, Camp David, get out of the way...

Barack Obama is too busy posing for magazine covers to actually do the job to which he was elected.

There is a price to be paid when a president throws a party every other night, weekends in Chicago or Camp David and poses for magazine cover after magazine cover.

After 51 days in office, Barack Obama has appointed only 73 people to 1,200 jobs that require Senate confirmation.

But Obama is too busy to properly vet the people and appoint them to fill the jobs to get the work done.

That is his job.

And he shirks it.

The London Independent reported: “Last week, it was all smiles and handshakes as Gordon Brown and President Barack Obama put on a show of unity in Washington.

“But yesterday, Sir Gus O’Donnell, Britain’s most senior civil servant, exposed transatlantic tension when he protested that Downing Street was finding it ‘unbelievably difficult’ to plan for next month’s G20 summit in London because of problems tracking down senior figures in the US administration. ‘There is nobody there. You cannot believe how difficult it is,’ the Cabinet Secretary told a civil service conference in Gateshead.”....

As an earlier thread in here indicated, the White House is "chaos". Obama appears far in love with celebrity and far less concerned with actual governing...

I find it mind boggling that the biggest problem right now is the economy, yet Timmy is very lonely.

Of the 15 key positions at Treasury that require Senate confirmation, only one has been filled. Stuart Levey, a leftover from the previous administration, serves as under secretary of the treasury for terrorism and financial intelligence and is not central to the crisis management.

AFP: Obama adds senior staff to Treasury's thin ranks

Really?? I mean, really??

That is his job.

And he shirks it.

I keep hearing words to the effect he isn't in DC much. Of course, wasn't that one of his problems as a Senator?

Hope he knows what he's doing. It WILL catch up to him sooner than later.

That is his job.

And he shirks it.

I keep hearing words to the effect he isn't in DC much. Of course, wasn't that one of his problems as a Senator?

Hope he knows what he's doing. It WILL catch up to him sooner than later.
it was also one of the complaints against Bush
"he took too many "vacations""

His MAIN intent/goal was achieved the rest doesn't really matter.

Actually, Pres. Obama is appointing all sorts of czars, commissioners, and overseers for exactly the reason that he doesn't need Senate confirmation for these fabricated offices. And that way he can appoint all kinds of inept, radical, and undeserving. It remains to be seen whether his judgement will be successful as opposed to the Constitutional method of "advise and consent."

“But yesterday, Sir Gus O’Donnell, Britain’s most senior civil servant, exposed transatlantic tension when he protested that Downing Street was finding it ‘unbelievably difficult’ to plan for next month’s G20 summit in London because of problems tracking down senior figures in the US administration. ‘There is nobody there. You cannot believe how difficult it is,’

Maybe they shoud try reaching him on Wednesday nights. I understand that is concert night in the big house. Anybody know when Chris Brown is gonna play the WH? I'm sure he's got a few "hits" to lay down. Just ask Rhianna. She knows all about Brown's right hook

Actually, Pres. Obama is appointing all sorts of czars, commissioners, and overseers for exactly the reason that he doesn't need Senate confirmation for these fabricated offices. And that way he can appoint all kinds of inept, radical, and undeserving. It remains to be seen whether his judgement will be successful as opposed to the Constitutional method of "advise and consent."

I'll go one step further and speak the unspeakable, (but people are thinking it)... obama is doing things the black man way. He's unleashing 200 years of oppression and black hate, just as his reverend of twenty years preached to him. He's finally a black man at the controls and he's going to do as he damn well pleases, and if you or I don't like it, we can go fuck ourselves.

Tell me I'm wrong...
thinking-020.gif

Last edited:

I'll go one step further and speak the unspeakable, (but people are thinking it)... obama is doing things the black man way. He's unleashing 200 years of oppression and black hate, just as his reverend of twenty years preached to him. He's finally a black man at the controls and he's going to do as he damn well pleases, and if you or I don't like it, we can go fuck ourselves.

Tell me I'm wrong...
thinking-020.gif

Didn't take long for some horses ass to bring race into it. And you wonder why we can't seem to get along? Oh, maybe its because of jackasses like this one.

And he's MIXED you moron, so you're telling me that he wants to say to the bulk of his family to go fuck themselves? Please, do society a favor and don't reproduce

Tell me I'm wrong...
thinking-020.gif

Didn't take long for some horses ass to bring race into it. And you wonder why we can't seem to get along? Oh, maybe its because of jackasses like this one.

And he's MIXED you moron, so you're telling me that he wants to say to the bulk of his family to go fuck themselves? Please, do society a favor and don't reproduce

Never said it was true ASS WAD... I said "people are thinking it." Ever heard of "playing the devils advocate?" No, probably not. You're just a fucking obama ass kisser ready to attack the first person that speaks badly of your GOD!

Well I DIDN'T BRING RACE INTO IT you maggot. Obama himself did when he sat front and center for TWENTY YEARS listening to THIS....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jc2FCJ7zWEQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jc2FCJ7zWEQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

So don't presume to lecture me OR ANYONE ELSE about BRINGING UP RACISM. You clean up your own fucking door step before you EVER start that shit.

Kind of like appointing a failed horse show manager to head FEMA.

Tell me I'm wrong...
thinking-020.gif

You are wrong.

Kind of like appointing a failed horse show manager to head FEMA.
gee, how strange that he seemed to do a decent job in AL MS and FL
why is it that only in LA was there a problem?
could it have been something in that one state that caused the problem since none of the other effected areas had those problems?

Sounds like Chicago politics at it's best.

Forum List

Back