There is no way in hell I'm voting for Obama

IndependntLogic

Jul 14, 2011
Okay, I get the Awlaki thing. Known AQ member, publicly stated so etc... hell the guy LIVED with them.
But this new bill allowing the Dictator in Chief to arrest and ship off to Git-Mo (remember when he was going to close that???) any US citizen on our soil and jail them forever without a trial or even charges being brought? And do theses supposed terrorists have to publicly declare they are AQ? Nope. Live with AQ? Nope. Get caught with bombs or plans of terrorism somewhere in a drawer? Nope.
Nothing. Own a gun? You qualify. Have more than two weeks food in the house? You qualify? The list goes on. On when are they required to give you your Constitutional rights? When terrorism ends in the world and there is peace and harmony in the universe.
What bs.
Newt? No way? Mitt? Riiiight - I don't think so. Perry? LOL! What a f-ing joke.
I can't believe it. I'm now a Ron Paul supporter...

(Conservs may now continue calling me a Liberal because after all, I don't agree with them on EVERYTHING!)

Last edited:
I give you +5 points for criticizing Obama on some of the best places. But seriously, Paul? The guy is a flaming nut. It's trading horse shit for cow shit. At least trading for dog shit, like Romney, tends to yield smaller turds that are easier to clean up.

He's done all the things he viciously attacked the other guy for doing. So many have been duped. It's all just a game. 'The Obama Deception' is required viewing. Check it out.

So we are told by the hard core lefties that Republicans don't have a shot at winning the 2012 election. I think this thread is a perfect example of why those partisan hacks are wrong.

So we are told by the hard core lefties that Republicans don't have a shot at winning the 2012 election. I think this thread is a perfect example of why those partisan hacks are wrong.

Okay so while I agree with you that its anyone's ballgame, life is funny in that I am one of those people you have labeled a "partisan hack" on more than a few occasions.

I give you +5 points for criticizing Obama on some of the best places. But seriously, Paul? The guy is a flaming nut. It's trading horse shit for cow shit. At least trading for dog shit, like Romney, tends to yield smaller turds that are easier to clean up.

Yeah, but horse shit and cow shit can be spread around the garden to help young things grow and there's no place for dog shit outside a plastic baggie in a land-fill.

There is no way in hell I'm voting for Obama

This is significant only if you voted for him in 2008.

On when are they required to give you your Constitutional rights? When terrorism ends in the world and there is peace and harmony in the universe.
What bs.

You already ‘have your rights,’ no one can give them to you or take them away. The question is: will citizens be forced to challenge the government in court time and again when the government attempts to violate their rights, and will the courts have judges and justices who understand the rule of law? If we have republican presidents it’s likely we won’t have the latter, making the former pointless.

One fails to see why given your reasons to not vote for Obama; there’s no telling what kind of crazy judges Paul will appoint as CE, Paul wants to allow state and local governments to violate your rights without being able to seek relief in Federal court. Paul is either naïve/ignorant or nuts.

Whether it’s Obama violating Americans’ civil rights abroad or Paul allowing the states to do the same here at home, it makes no difference.

And you’ve got GOP candidates who want to do both.

Actually, it's a perfect illustration of why the polls about Obama's approval rating are misleading. I mostly agree with the OP except I'm not voting for Paul, either (even if he wins the nomination). I'll vote third party, but if I lived in a swing state, I'd vote for Obama -- BECAUSE of the defense approp. bill.

Why, you ask? Because, as much as I loathe the fact that Obama signed the damned thing, I don't think he'll abuse its authority. I have no such confidence in any Republican successor. Above all else, we must keep any Republican out of the White House until this travesty is either repealed by further act of Congress or struck down by the court.

It's safe, I think, to say that if Paul doesn't get the GOP nomination, IL will not be voting Republican, even if he doesn't vote for Obama.

Actually, the "hard core lefties" aren't supporting Obama, and never really have.

You must be thinking of the "blindly partisan Democrats".

Okay, I get the Awlaki thing. Known AQ member, publicly stated so etc... hell the guy LIVED with them.
But this new bill allowing the Dictator in Chief to arrest and ship off to Git-Mo (remember when he was going to close that???) any US citizen on our soil and jail them forever without a trial or even charges being brought? And do theses supposed terrorists have to publicly declare they are AQ? Nope. Live with AQ? Nope. Get caught with bombs or plans of terrorism somewhere in a drawer? Nope.
Nothing. Own a gun? You qualify. Have more than two weeks food in the house? You qualify? The list goes on. On when are they required to give you your Constitutional rights? When terrorism ends in the world and there is peace and harmony in the universe.
What bs.

(Conservs may now continue calling me a Liberal because after all, I don't agree with them on EVERYTHING!)

Hold on. Obama wanted to close Gitmo and before the election, even Republicans wanted to close Gitmo. Remember, it's Republicans who are ALWAYS saying you have to listen to the generals. And the generals were saying that Gitmo was a recruiting tool for al Qaeda.

So when Obama began the proceedings to close Gitmo, Republicans howled Obama wanted to release terrorists in your back yard. Never mind that Bush only convicted three at Gitmo, then promptly released two who returned to the battlefield while our maximum security prisons have hundreds.

Remember, Obama even wanted to put together a prison that the military would control.

Republicans don't care about our soldiers or the American people. They saw a chance to fuck over Obama. THAT WAS AND IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO THEM. It's perfectly clear. They even tell us that. Here is one time you can believe what they are saying.

Republicans terrorized Americans so completely, public opinion turned against closing Gitmo. Even though leaving it open was the wrong thing to do Americans were freaking out because of the GOP. Since 9/11, Republicans have terrorized the American people much, much better than al Qaeda could even imagine. On everything.

Obama hasn't been radical. In fact, the left has been angry that he hasn't been more progressive. Republicans can only see the black, man child, Kenyan Muslim Mau Mau in the WHITE House.

What bs.

Hold on. Obama wanted to close Gitmo and before the election, even Republicans wanted to close Gitmo. Remember, it's Republicans who are ALWAYS saying you have to listen to the generals. And the generals were saying that Gitmo was a recruiting tool for al Qaeda.

So when Obama began the proceedings to close Gitmo, Republicans howled Obama wanted to release terrorists in your back yard. Never mind that Bush only convicted three at Gitmo, then promptly released two who returned to the battlefield while our maximum security prisons have hundreds.

Remember, Obama even wanted to put together a prison that the military would control.

Republicans don't care about our soldiers or the American people. They saw a chance to fuck over Obama. THAT WAS AND IS ALL THAT MATTERS TO THEM. It's perfectly clear. They even tell us that. Here is one time you can believe what they are saying.

Republicans terrorized Americans so completely, public opinion turned against closing Gitmo. Even though leaving it open was the wrong thing to do Americans were freaking out because of the GOP. Since 9/11, Republicans have terrorized the American people much, much better than al Qaeda could even imagine. On everything.

Obama hasn't been radical. In fact, the left has been angry that he hasn't been more progressive. Republicans can only see the black, man child, Kenyan Muslim Mau Mau in the WHITE House.
That's all well and fine but ignores the elephant in the room - that Obama signed this bill after stating he's "happy with the language in it". Screw the bastard.

I hope you won some events at the Special Olympics.

Do they allow you to vote ?

Obama/Bush? No difference. Good to see more people finally beginning to understand that.

During a press conference on December 22, President Obama was asked about the difficulties his administration has encountered in trying to close Guantanamo.

Obviously, we haven’t gotten it closed. And let me just step back and explain that the reason for wanting to close Guantanamo was because my number one priority is keeping the American people safe. One of the most powerful tools we have to keep the American people safe is not providing al Qaeda and jihadists recruiting tools for fledgling terrorists.

And Guantanamo is probably the number one recruitment tool that is used by these jihadist organizations. And we see it in the websites that they put up. We see it in the messages that they're delivering.

And, Obama is the Commander in Chief and can close Gitmo tomorrow without consulting Congress.

Last edited:
LOL, one US general says that Gitmo might be a propaganda tool for Al Quaida recruitment, MIGHT BE, and the far left turns it into all generals saying it's the number 1 recruitment tool. Seriously, what could be dumber than that?

So Ahab the terrorist recruiter comes up to Achmed the camel driver and says "let's kill Americans cuz Gitmo sucks!". You don't think maybe there are other factors that are far more iinfluential, like maybe the existence of Israel and the US supports Israel, and oh BTW the Americans have invaded our lands? Gawd.

PS: there is no way in hell I'll vote for Obama either.

New Topics

Forum List

Back