There is no such thing as an agnostic.

Interesting. Ignorant, but interesting. Agnostics believe that the existence of gods or God is simply unknowable. It is an idea beyond logic, beyond human understanding. I happen to be one.

Interesting. Ignorant, but interesting. Agnostics believe that the existence of gods or God is simply unknowable. It is an idea beyond logic, beyond human understanding. I happen to be one.

Why do you apply that kind of logic only for a god? What makes god different than the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus or The Easter Bunny in your mind?

Or are you one of those "agnostics" who doesn't differientiate between a god and the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny, and thinks those things are just as unknowable and beyond logic and human understanding as a god is?

By the way? How many gods do you think are beyond logic and human understanding, and are unknowable? One? Ten? Two hundred?

The only thing in your post that made sense was the word ignorant. Except you used it in the wrong context. By your own admission, it's you who are ignorant. You seem pretty proud of being ignorant, too.

To each his own.

Why do you apply that kind of logic only for a god? What makes god different than the Tooth Fairy or Santa Claus or The Easter Bunny in your mind?

Or are you one of those "agnostics" who doesn't differientiate between a god and the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, and the Easter Bunny, and thinks those things are just as unknowable and beyond logic and human understanding as a god is?

By the way? How many gods do you think are beyond logic and human understanding, and are unknowable? One? Ten? Two hundred?

The only thing in your post that made sense was the word ignorant.
Except you used it in the wrong context. By your own admission, it's you who are ignorant. You seem pretty proud of being ignorant, too.

To each his own.

That's funny. I understood what they were trying to say. To each his/her own I suppose.

And what's with your fixation on Santa and the Easter Bunny, btw? Can't you draw a better parallel? Maybe something that would appeal to someone over 6-10 or not on anit-psychotics?

That's funny. I understood what they were trying to say. To each his/her own I suppose.

And what's with your fixation on Santa and the Easter Bunny, btw? Can't you draw a better parallel? Maybe something that would appeal to someone over 6-10 or not on anit-psychotics?

Give me a better example then.

The Giant Purple People Eater?

What you religous people don't seem to undertand is that there is no difference between god and the Tooth Fairy. Why do you think there is?

Because you believe.

So does every person who claims to be an ignostic. They just know how stupid it is so they pretend they don't know.

Or they like to argue with athiests. Makes them feel superior. It's actually very funny.

Give me a better example then.

The Giant Purple People Eater?

Vishnu, or God who is given credit for creating the universe? Santa only makes toys. In any case, what is the point in ANY discussion if all you like to do is call people stupid, which in fact does make you feel good, doesn't it?

What you religous people don't seem to undertand is that there is no difference between god and the Tooth Fairy. Why do you think there is?

Because you believe.

So does every person who claims to be an ignostic. They just know how stupid it is so they pretend they don't know.

Or they like to argue with athiests. Makes them feel superior. It's actually very funny.

What's with all the assumptions? Who said I was religious? Does questioning you make me religious? Hardley.

And yes, there is a difference between God and the Tooth Fairy. The reason people like you think there isn't is because YOU believe a difference doesn't exist.

And furthermore, saying you do not know does not make you look stupid. Equating Santa and the Easter Bunny to God, generalizing and making assumptions about people does, however.

Vishnu, or God who is given credit for creating the universe? Santa only makes toys. In any case, what is the point in ANY discussion if all you like to do is call people stupid, which in fact does make you feel good, doesn't it?

What's with all the assumptions? Who said I was religious? Does questioning you make me religious? Hardley.

And yes, there is a difference between God and the Tooth Fairy. The reason people like you think there isn't is because YOU believe a difference doesn't exist.

And furthermore, saying you do not know does not make you look stupid. Equating Santa and the Easter Bunny to God, generalizing and making assumptions about people does, however.

Ignorant and stupid are not the same thing.

Why is a god different than the Tooth Fairy? And how many gods are we talking about here?

Why do you consider God different from any other fairy tale or made up story?

What makes it different?

That's the definition of a deist isn't it?

A deist is someone who believes a god created the universe and then abandonded it.

I've never come across a deist posing as an agnostic.

Deists can at least make up their minds.

If I ever see a self proclaimed agnostic argue with a religious person I'll change my mind. I haven't seen it yet. Agnostics only argue with atheists.

A deist is someone who believes a god created the universe and then abandonded it.

I've never come across a deist posing as an agnostic.

Deists can at least make up their minds.

If I ever see a self proclaimed agnostic argue with a religious person I'll change my mind. I haven't seen it yet. Agnostics only argue with atheists.

I don't think I've ever met an agnostic, so I can neither confirm or deny their existence. IOW, when it comes to agnostics, I'm an agnostic.

Provide me an opponent and I'll go 12 rounds.

I've been here since June. You've been here since September. Why do you need me to find you a religious person to argue with? Can't you tell who they are by now?

I've been here since June. You've been here since September. Why do you need me to find you a religious person to argue with? Can't you tell who they are by now?
It's your theory that I'm trying to disprove; your set of requirements to do so. What am I supposed to argue about? If you remain vague I suppose it's easy to not be proven wrong...

On a side note, do I fall into the "just likes to argue" pile if I don't ever actually argue with you about the existence of God?

Forum List

Back