There is no such thing as an agnostic.

Actually, it's a rather easy concept to comprehend. It is a scientific and logical impossibility that something can be created from nothing.

You haven't seen the dishes my kid brings out of her room.

I've discovered a new form of life, and it's orange.

Actually, it's a rather easy concept to comprehend. It is a scientific and logical impossibility that something can be created from nothing.

Nothing is impossible Gunny. In a past life you probably said "It's a scientific and logical impossibility that moving, color pictures can go through a wire and into a box that I can watch." And yet I'm sure you're pinned to your couch watching "American Idol" every week. :)

Nothing is impossible Gunny. In a past life you probably said "It's a scientific and logical impossibility that moving, color pictures can go through a wire and into a box that I can watch." And yet I'm sure you're pinned to your couch watching "American Idol" every week. :)

Yet we have people claim that its impossible to know whether there is a God all the time.

The funny thing about that is the Lord has given us a way to find out. But most people dont bother experimenting on the word.

Creating something from nothing is one thing that IS impossible.

Unfortunately we mild mannered atheists are constantly being compared to Atheists like Madeline Murray O'Hare and Michael Newdow. People like that are activists. If they didn't have religion to fight against, they'd find something else.

Most true atheists simply don't care enough to do more than have a good argument on a message board. Agnostics, on the other hand, are believers in every sense of the word. They may not believe in any particular religion, but they all believe in a higher power. They just like to pretend it's an intellectual excercise. Sorry, but when even one agnostic out there can explain why I should hold the concept of God to a different standard than the Tooth Fairy, The Easter Bunny, and Santa Claus, then I'll call myself an agnostic. So far, none of them have been able to.

All agnostics are believers who know how dumb it is.

How about holding God to a different standard than Santa because it's a polite way to behave arround certain people and in certain situations. Or would that just going way to far out of your way?:bow3:

How about holding God to a different standard than Santa because it's a polite way to behave arround certain people and in certain situations. Or would that just going way to far out of your way?:bow3:

That's the best argument I've ever heard yet.

I can do that.

Just keep your beliefs away from my kid and we won't have any problems at all.

Deal?

Wgy? SHouldn't your child be educated as much as possible and allowed to decide for herself?

That's a good point.

Sure. So as long as the Satanists, Scientologists, Wiccans, Jews, Mormoms, Christian Scientists, Bhuddists, Hindus, and Kwanzaa followers and all the rest get equal time, I'm all for education.

I draw the line at Muslims. They're really evil.

And people used to say it was impossible that the world was round, or the sun was the center of the solar system, or that black holes could actually exist, or that man would walk on the moon.

History has proven that nothing is impossible.

And people used to say it was impossible that the world was round, or the sun was the center of the solar system, or that black holes could actually exist, or that man would walk on the moon.

No it hasn't.

You'd have to view "impossible" from a believers eyes to even think such a thing. Which proves my point that there is no such thing as an agnostic.

History has proven no such thing.

But I'm game .... it's YOUR illogical belief, so you explain to me how you can get something from nothing.

No it hasn't.

You'd have to view "impossible" from a believers eyes to even think such a thing. Which proves my point that there is no such thing as an agnostic.

WTF? How does that even relate to your "point"? Everyone on this thread has already trashed your idea that agnosticism is a psuedo idea.

Oh yeah...it's much more logical that some deity pulled the universe out of his arse! :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back