There Is No Such Thing As A "Free Market"

As far as I understand it, when we buy something there is a contract, depending on what we buy and from who the contract can be very large to very small. The federal Governments job is to enforce that contract.

Join a gym, there is a contract, a liability waiver and so on. If you get hurt by something that the waiver does not cover then you can sue the gym. The Federal Government will enforce that contract, or should… No regulation needed.

As far as I understand it, when we buy something there is a contract, depending on what we buy and from who the contract can be very large to very small. The federal Governments job is to enforce that contract.

Join a gym, there is a contract, a liability waiver and so on. If you get hurt by something that the waiver does not cover then you can sue the gym. The Federal Government will enforce that contract, or should… No regulation needed.

The state government is generally the on responsible for enforcing that contract.

Just like there's no such thing as a Free Football game.

Let's have a football game with no stadium, no referees and no rules...now let's play football.

There's no such thing as a free market, there HAS to be rules and there HAS to be regulations.

When will you RW bastards get that through your thick skullls?

The "rules and regulations" can be agreed to by the involved parties.............

No need for some clueless statist to intervene with his hand out pretending to be the arbitrator of all things good............

So you oppose the Sherman anti-trust act and favor allowing businesses to fix prices to rape consumers up the ass?

Smart consumers will look elsewhere, or hold off their purchase..........Until some entreprenuer comes along to fill the void.........No "expert" central planners needed

No it doesn't.

Of course it does. No customers,
Wait waaa? I thought the rich made the jobs. You need customers, too? No way!

no stockholders, and I don't care a wit about measly fines. I've got a much larger problem..

Sure thing. The light years in progress business has made (with still much to go) with respect to many factors influencing the environment is just coincidental with government environmental regulation, right. I believe that. For example, I'm sure the market would have just reduced sulfur and nitrous pollutants without emissions trading, just because they're nice people. And I'd bet that most businesses that make use of a river or other source of water would just make sure to save enough for those businesses and people downstream just because they're nice. And the relatively high level of food safety we enjoy here must have nothing to to with the FDA, its the magical unicorn free market working is wonders!

Yep.. You've got it right now.. Fed Ex and GE aren't making policy statements about the environment with those dancing fairy commercials. They're REACTING to public pressure to be good little green tree frogs.. And that shit sells like hotcakes...
:badgrin:

That and the fact they get BUSLOADS of tax credits for useless crap they would do ANYWAY without the credits. In GE's case, do you think they'd stop making dishwashers if their $50 tax credit for making one went away???

The "rules and regulations" can be agreed to by the involved parties.............

No need for some clueless statist to intervene with his hand out pretending to be the arbitrator of all things good............

So you oppose the Sherman anti-trust act and favor allowing businesses to fix prices to rape consumers up the ass?

Smart consumers will look elsewhere, or hold off their purchase..........Until some entreprenuer comes along to fill the void.........No "expert" central planners needed

Right because history shows that's worked really well in the past. Lord you are stupid. did you fail out of high school entirely or just sleep through American history?

The state government is generally the on responsible for enforcing that contract.

Correct, but the federal Government has that job per the constitution, if needed. I don't think it is wrong or bad that the state deals with it as well.

Of course it does. No customers,
Wait waaa? I thought the rich made the jobs. You need customers, too? No way!

no stockholders, and I don't care a wit about measly fines. I've got a much larger problem..

Sure thing. The light years in progress business has made (with still much to go) with respect to many factors influencing the environment is just coincidental with government environmental regulation, right. I believe that. For example, I'm sure the market would have just reduced sulfur and nitrous pollutants without emissions trading, just because they're nice people. And I'd bet that most businesses that make use of a river or other source of water would just make sure to save enough for those businesses and people downstream just because they're nice. And the relatively high level of food safety we enjoy here must have nothing to to with the FDA, its the magical unicorn free market working is wonders!

Yep.. You've got it right now.. Fed Ex and GE aren't making policy statements about the environment with those dancing fairy commercials. They're REACTING to public pressure to be good little green tree frogs.. And that shit sells like hotcakes...
:badgrin:

That and the fact they get BUSLOADS of tax credits for useless crap they would do ANYWAY without the credits. In GE's case, do you think they'd stop making dishwashers if their $50 tax credit for making one went away???

Funny how tax credits can destroy our ability to make better products as the Government picks who gets them and who does not. This means one company will have an on going "sale" tag on their item, brought to you by your own taxes, lol.

Right because history shows that's worked really well in the past. Lord you are stupid. did you fail out of high school entirely or just sleep through American history?

It in fact did work. Things take time to get better, and they did. While Government can speed up that process it's usually done in a very bias manor, and in the end (many many years later) the results will be a huge loss. Once you concede these powers to the Government you will never get them back.

Let's have a football game with no stadium, no referees and no rules...now let's play football.

Did it all the time as a kid, pretty much any nice day we weren't in school or working. Great fun, learned to play the game, got a work out, etc.

There's no such thing as a free market...

Not with nanny state bastards like yourself that think they know what's best for everyone else, no.

It in fact did work. Things take time to get better, and they did. While Government can speed up that process it's usually done in a very bias manor, and in the end (many many years later) the results will be a huge loss. Once you concede these powers to the Government you will never get them back.

Sure if you mean by "work" that big business formed massive monopolies to fix prices artificially high and raped the consumer for decades on end. Its not really a "free" market when there is de-facto one entity setting the prices. Its closer to fascism

Its not at all surprising that those ignorant of history wouldn't mind us making the same damn mistakes again. Hey why not get rid of child labor laws while we're at it, and the weekend? We can all go back to working 12 hour shifts 7 days a week - with our 10 year olds - in the coal mines, while the robber barons sit in their mansions eating caviar. Woudn't want to fuck with the free market, wage slave, now would we?

Last edited:

There's no such thing as a free market, there HAS to be rules and there HAS to be regulations.

This is proof that you are indeed one ignorant fool!

History eh ??? Im thinking slavery ended over a century ago..........When are the reparations going to end ????????????????? LOL

History eh ??? Im thinking slavery ended over a century ago..........When are the reparations going to end ????????????????? LOL

The Sherman Anti-Trust Act doesn't stop slavery you fucking ignorant dicktwad, it stops PRICE FIXING. Are you really this stupid?

The Sherman Anti-Trust Act doesn't stop slavery you fucking ignorant dicktwad, it stops PRICE FIXING. Are you really this stupid?

But I was addressing Slavery................not your fixation on worthless bureaucratic interventionism......But it seems a fascist state would suit you fine

Beware of greedy corporations and profits kiddies !!!!!!

OK wiseguy...

List the redundant regulations that OBAMA enacted.

Please and thanks.

:cool:

.: U.S. Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works :: Issues :.
Tell me, in your own words, about how bad and/or reduntant they are.

How are they making things worse, especially as opposed to the laws that were already on the books.

Go for it.

I am noticing a Pattern with you. No matter what, You simply ask the Person to Explain it to you. Links were Provided. You figure it out. The United States has 10's of thousands of Regulations on the Books. We could spend weeks talking about the Validity of each one, Seems like a Waste of time to me though.

You Clearly have no experience in the Construction Industry, I could Tell you all sorts of Stories about Ridicules Regulations on that Industry that not only make it harder for Small Companies to Compete in the Market, But also Make Homes Cost people Considerably More than they have to. Some of the Regulations makes perfect sense, Some of them don't, Some of them Make sense, but Have Huge Fee's Associated with them, That keeps smaller Companies from being able to Comply with them.

That's just one industry bud.

I thought you had an epiphany, turned out you farted.

Forum List

Back