There is no rapture, Jesus is not coming back in the clouds

Penny is following the outline in, Flavious Josephus And the Apostle Paul Were the Same Person?, page 1. which offers, once again, assertions but no proof.
Reading Paul and Josephus is proof enough. When I read Josephus, I though man this sounds so familiar, I started out by why do Paul and Josephus have so much in common. I mean just reading Josephus made me think of Paul , and even Josephus saying he was wise at 14 and all the scholars came to him for advice made me think of Jesus. I mean its there.

oh----they both wrote like jews who use greek and had some education in Jerusalem wrote. I am SOOOO impressed I am even MORE impressed that Penelope is literate in Koine
Greek. No wonder she screws up English grammar.
PS----that "advise" thing is silly-------a 14 year old who can
discuss the Talmud with his teachers is considered very
very bright--------even in the USA. Even Einstein claimed
some facility in Talmudic discussion. ie he could engage
in Talmudic exegesis. The word "exegesis" is greek----
no doubt the word our Penelope is struggling to
remember. Today a kid with that level of erudition could
attain smicha very early-----like by the age of 18. The word
smicha is Hebrew and means ----approximately---that his
information and interpretation is reliable. In modern times
it is ----approx. the rabbinical degree

Last edited:
I know that Joseph and Paul were not the same man, because no logical argument can be made that the writer of Josephus was the writer of Paul's epistles.

Why not, a lot of it sounds the same. I am not saying their are one of the same, I'm sayin Josephus probably wrote Paul's letters, incorporating himself in parts. They are too many similarities to be a coincidence.

Josephus incorporated himself in the letter of Paul?
I never read anything about Josephus in the NT---can
you cite the basis for your theory?

The point is that if there's been some guy who performed miracles in front of crowds everywhere he went Josephus would have mentioned him.......he didn't!

Suetonius mentions in his writing of Emperor Vespasian , he healed a blind man using mud and healed a cripple.

I am a health care worker-------people with MS "heal" spontaneously all the time ---------paraplegic one day---
OK THE NEXT-----in fact----the illness can act the same
way UPON THE EYES..... ---there have been miracle
healers in Jerusalem for 1000s of years. ----Beersheba too.

Josephus was born several years after the crucifixstion of Jesus. He was a leader in the Jewish Revolt, was defeated by Vespasian, defected to Vespasian and the side of the Romans, and became a Roman homer thereafter. Why would he mention a wandering miracle worker who died before he was born?

KJVJohn 9: 1
And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. 4I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. 5As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. 6When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, 7And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing. 8The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged? 9Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he. 10Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened? 11He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight. 12Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.

according to history by Christianity-----Christianity was so major a force DURING THE LIFE TIME OF JESUS----
that people like Josephus and his circle---who were from
prosperous notable families-----and Pharisees, wanted to KILL
Jesus------like people in Jerusalem were CHEERING at his
crucifixion. A history like that would go on for years in gossip even if it took place in modern Tel Aviv. How could Josephus not know?

Anyone that believes in any religion is a fool.

Jesus started one single religion--the one that is no part of this world and does not fit in. Jesus spoke to 7 congregations in (revelation( happening now in these last days) proving there is a religion that has Jesus.

How do you know that?

He doesn't know that but he has to say it to justify his religion.

The stories I read say that Jesus ran around eating and drinking and partying with sinners and prostitutes and keeping all sorts of bad company.

He didn't seem to give a shit about religion if you ask me..

for some information on the use of Mud--or clay in
treating sickness------google HISTORY OF MEDICINAL
CLAY

Josephus was born several years after the crucifixstion of Jesus. He was a leader in the Jewish Revolt, was defeated by Vespasian, defected to Vespasian and the side of the Romans, and became a Roman homer thereafter. Why would he mention a wandering miracle worker who died before he was born?

And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 2And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, or his parents, that he was born blind? 3Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him. 4I must work the works of him that sent me, while it is day: the night cometh, when no man can work. 5As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world. 6When he had thus spoken, he spat on the ground, and made clay of the spittle, and he anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay, 7And said unto him, Go, wash in the pool of Siloam, (which is by interpretation, Sent.) He went his way therefore, and washed, and came seeing. 8The neighbours therefore, and they which before had seen him that he was blind, said, Is not this he that sat and begged? 9Some said, This is he: others said, He is like him: but he said, I am he. 10Therefore said they unto him, How were thine eyes opened? 11He answered and said, A man that is called Jesus made clay, and anointed mine eyes, and said unto me, Go to the pool of Siloam, and wash: and I went and washed, and I received sight. 12Then said they unto him, Where is he? He said, I know not.

according to history by Christianity-----Christianity was so major a force DURING THE LIFE TIME OF JESUS----
crucifixion. A history like that would go on for years in gossip even if it took place in modern Tel Aviv. How could Josephus not know?
That was not quite so, but believe as you will. Josephus may have thought Jesus to be one of a hundred minor crockpot magic men from the hills before Josephus time.

Why, when we have Obama and Hillary to save us?
You just made me realize that JS rejects Trump for being a "racist" but LOVES Jesus even though Jesus is sending trillions of people to the Eternal Lake of Fire.
Show me where Jesus says anything of the sort.

You can find many stupid Christians who say it.

kg does not have me on ignore, because she hates me and has to know what I say about her.

What Does the Bible Say About Lake Of Fire?.
Never pose such a simple challenge in the Internet Age.
Show us where Jesus said millions are going into a lake of fire.

See? You have lost already.

Way more than millions since even TODAY the vast majority of humans don't believe in the Calvary.
Are you that stupid?

There are billions who believe Calvary happened. What are you talking about? There are even many Jews who have believed on Jesus Christ as their Messiah. God speaks of a remnant. Do you understand what the word remnant means? Calvary is a historical fact. The Holy Bible has been proven the most accurate book of antiquity in all the world and the 2nd would be the Illiad. You may deny Jesus Christ as your Messiah to your own destruction but it will never negate the fact that He is the Messiah and that He is God.

That was not quite so, but believe as you will. Josephus may have thought Jesus to be one of a hundred minor crockpot magic men from the hills before Josephus time.

yes----that's about right which is why the theory that the jews of
Jerusalem WANTED HIM dead------makes no sense. There
are people like that in Jerusalem today-----they, somehow, do
not get murdered. People just yawn and say "JERUSALEM
SYNDROME"

I know that Joseph and Paul were not the same man, because no logical argument can be made that the writer of Josephus was the writer of Paul's epistles.

Why not, a lot of it sounds the same. I am not saying their are one of the same, I'm sayin Josephus probably wrote Paul's letters, incorporating himself in parts. They are too many similarities to be a coincidence.

The point is that if there's been some guy who performed miracles in front of crowds everywhere he went Josephus would have mentioned him.......he didn't!

yes----I have come across that notion------it boggles my mind
that there are people eager to push the notion that Paul is Josephus or that Josephus wrote letters attributed to Paul.
There is no evidence that Josephus was involved in the Jesus 'religion movement-------the whole thing seems to be based
on the history that they both spent time in rome and wrote in
Greek-------like lots of jews. EXTREMELY TENUOUS. ----like Elvis is John Lennon----both SANG. There are people SO eager to believe idiot conjecture

Indeed!!

Personally I like guys who didn't get crucified!

sorry Jakie-----In fact Josephus does not know Jesus at all----
in the little tight community of Jerusalem-----The only mention of Jesus at all-------in all the extensive writings of Josephus---
is a small fraudulent insertion. ------Keep in mind---when Josephus did his writing----Rome was Pagan-----but the "HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE"---confiscated the original writings long after he died----they are still in the Vatican Vault

that there are people eager to push the notion that Paul is Josephus or that Josephus wrote letters attributed to Paul.
There is no evidence that Josephus was involved in the Jesus 'religion movement-------the whole thing seems to be based
Greek-------like lots of jews. EXTREMELY TENUOUS. ----like Elvis is John Lennon----both SANG. There are people SO eager to believe idiot conjecture

Indeed!!

??? neither Elvis nor John Lennon were crucified. Historically hundreds of thousands of people were crucified---
it was the thing to do for SEDITION and TREASON----the Greeks did it and the Persians and the Romans. The Greeks
did it to keep their slave class in line in Sparta The Persians
did it-----to enemies in war. etc etc Most of those people
were entirely innocent. The story that it was done to two common thieves (or three?? ) is not consistent with the
historical use by the Romans.. They "could care less"
about common thievery in Judea. They crucified for crimes
against rome. Rome did "home rule" for its vast empire----
the locals took care of petty crime within the ranks of the locals. In fact even "SAINT" Constantine crucified people----mostly Pharisees. ----but he gave it up when Christianity began to JELL. He decided that the symbolism was too
damn holy for Pharisees. Chances are his wife---Helen, so
advised him. She was the big time Christian in the family

Suetonius mentions in his writing of Emperor Vespasian , he healed a blind man using mud and healed a cripple.

I am a health care worker-------people with MS "heal" spontaneously all the time ---------paraplegic one day---

One was cripple the other blind. What does this have to do with MS.

Indeed!!

COLD!!!!!!!

Penny dear------you have billed yourself as a health care worker and know NOTHING about the sickness MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS? sheeeeeesh-------take a look at a basic
textbook of medicine (since you OBVIOUSLY have no experience in actual clinical medicine at all) I have encountered elevator operators in hospitals who beat
you up on the basics. In my town the FIRE FIGHTERS
know this stuff

Penny dear------you have billed yourself as a health care worker and know NOTHING about the sickness MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS? sheeeeeesh-------take a look at a basic
textbook of medicine (since you OBVIOUSLY have no experience in actual clinical medicine at all) I have encountered elevator operators in hospitals who beat
know this stuff

This is how rumors get started, do you believe he healed a blind man and a cripple, like Jesus? Do you not see similarity. This is not about MS or if he really healed anyone or not.

know this stuff

This is how rumors get started, do you believe he healed a blind man and a cripple, like Jesus? Do you not see similarity. This is not about MS or if he really healed anyone or not.

who is "he" in your sentence? I did not cite a "healing" or a person------I cited the sickness MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS. Read the post to which you are responding SLOWLY---feel
free to ask questions about the post or about the sickness
Multiple Sclerosis. Think back----I cannot imagine that any
health care worker NEVER ENCOUNTERED a case of
Multiple Sclerosis. Remember mousketeer EXTRODINEAIRE Annette??? She died three years
ago of MS

in the little tight community of Jerusalem-----The only mention of Jesus at all-------in all the extensive writings of Josephus---
is a small fraudulent insertion. ------Keep in mind---when Josephus did his writing----Rome was Pagan-----but the "HOLY ROMAN EMPIRE"---confiscated the original writings long after he died----they are still in the Vatican Vault
Now you are being silly, with a silly excuse. You are no expert on any of this, it is all merely your opinion without much merit, so: ok.

Now you are being silly, with a silly excuse. You are no expert on any of this, it is all merely your opinion without much merit, so: ok.

Jakie----I am remarking on history------not 'my own opinion'
Right----I am no EXPERT------I know the basics available to
anyone who has a penchant for reading real books----one of which is DA BIBLE -----but that is only one. (well---maybe you could say two) What about my post is there that you
are calling "opinion without merit"? I have no idea why you use the word "excuse"??? I am making "excuses" for WHAT??? history? are you going to deny the fact that the greeks engaged in crucifixion long before the romans?
and the Persians of old? -----go right ahead. If Crucifixion was the roman penalty for pilfering ------there would be no trees left in all of Europe. Even the old time Brits managed to kill petty bread snatching children with a REUSABLE ROPE. BTW---snatching bread is not a crime in jewish
jurisprudence------the penalty is PAY FOR THE BREAD---
sometimes at treble the value. Is that not interesting-----
if a person defrauds you out of money -----you can SUE in
USA courts for TREBLE the value of your loss. Somethings
never change.,,,,,,,,,there is nothing new under the sun....<<
solomon

Forum List

Back