There is no Morality

Cryptick`

Rookie
Oct 29, 2009
Take God out the picture, take religion out the picture.

Are all humans built with a sense of morality?

If so, give examples. If so, prove it.

Or is that just faith based as well...

You know religion used to require human sacrifice right?

you know states used to committ mass genocide right?

Sadly they still do.

But perhaps I should clarify my point.

My point is that morality isn't dependent on a god belief or religion.

Some societies worshipped gods which demanded human sacrifice. How did they know that? The priestly caste told them so.

Humans aren't built with a sense of morality. We were able to work out what was good for us and what was bad for us though. We did that without religion or god belief.

well, as someone who is religious, I believe we are all born with the sense of what is right and what is wrong, whether the person is religious or not in favor of any religion.... I think we all inherited a conscience from adam and eve....who ate from the tree of the knowledge of the proverbial ''good and evil''....this 'story' in the Bible, refers to just that....we ALL have been born with this ''knowledge, this sense of what is right and what is wrong''.... NOTE! this does not exclude that we may get screwed up along the way and lose this sense of morality....

well, as someone who is religious, I believe we are all born with the sense of what is right and what is wrong, whether the person is religious or not in favor of any religion.... I think we all inherited a conscience from adam and eve....who ate from the tree of the knowledge of the proverbial ''good and evil''....this 'story' in the Bible, refers to just that....we ALL have been born with this ''knowledge, this sense of what is right and what is wrong''.... NOTE! this does not exclude that we may get screwed up along the way and lose this sense of morality....

Morality is that which we believe,

Upon the culture we receive,

And to ourselves we do deceive,

Forming morality we believe.

Morality is that which we believe,

Upon the culture we receive,

And to ourselves we do deceive,

Forming morality we believe.

:lol::lol:

and good morning to you too!

well, there would never be war if we all stuck to what we know inside....good from evil....soooo maybe i'm wrong and 'scientific adam or the genetic adam and eve'' did not give 'man' a larger brain and conscience that is different from all other animals? ;)

We're a work in progress Care. We're evolving. Perhaps as a species we're evolving to something higher, none of us will know of course. I do know from my rudimentary studies of some years ago in physiological psychology that our brains reveal our animal ancestry. Not that I needed to be convinced of it, a few years in this job and evidence of our animal ancestry is abundant :lol:

We're clever buggers, for sure, but we're prisoners of the various parts of our brain that are somewhat atavistic.

You know religion used to require human sacrifice right?

Sadly they still do.

Some societies worshipped gods which demanded human sacrifice. How did they know that? The priestly caste told them so.

Humans aren't built with a sense of morality. We were able to work out what was good for us and what was bad for us though. We did that without religion or god belief.

That's really good news.

I guess the next hot looking woman or small child I see I can just grab em and pork their brains out.

Since God is out of the picture and I have no innate sense of right or wrong I just feel like being crazy today.

Sadly they still do.

That's really good news.

I guess the next hot looking woman or small child I see I can just grab em and pork their brains out.

Since God is out of the picture and I have no innate sense of right or wrong I just feel like being crazy today.

You won't grab em and pork em though will you?

We're a work in progress Care. We're evolving. Perhaps as a species we're evolving to something higher, none of us will know of course. I do know from my rudimentary studies of some years ago in physiological psychology that our brains reveal our animal ancestry. Not that I needed to be convinced of it, a few years in this job and evidence of our animal ancestry is abundant :lol:

We're clever buggers, for sure, but we're prisoners of the various parts of our brain that are somewhat atavistic.

no doubt in my mind either.... but if people would just open their minds to what the Bible is truly saying regarding this, it does SAY, viewing it through all the gobbledy gook, that we did change or 'evolve'' from something with less knowledge or animalistic, in to something more civilized, so to say....with greater knowledge or greater capability of knowledge than the rest of the animal world....we ate the apple :D brains became larger!

this could actually coincide with fossil/archaeological records

i don't think we left the pea brain behind or the animal behind either! :) they came along for the ride!!

If you take God out of the picture, meaning that He does not exist, there would be no natural, built-in morality within man. All standards would be man-made, and there would be a lot less agreement about stndards than there are now. It's pretty bad now.

Religion may help define a standard that is workable, but there would be no way to know right from wrong, or good from bad as an absolute with God totally out of the bicture. Religion is man's way of reaching out to, and searching for God. Blindness would be in charge.

Without religion, I suppose some people might be nicer than others, but only because they want to be nice. It really would not matter. We would be just like all of the other animals, only worse. Look around, LOL some are that way now.

I believe God has created us all with knowledge, or a build-in alarm system for moral standards. We abuse it, and neglect it, and it gets numb, unable to function, but I believe it is there.

Sadly they still do.

That's really good news.

You won't grab em and pork em though will you?

Is that a serious question????

No.......I......won't. Because I was born with the knowledge of right and wrong.

I thought of this:

Is this haunting picture proof that chimps really DO grieve? | Mail Online

United in what appears to be deep and profound grief, a phalanx of more than a dozen chimpanzees stood in silence watching from behind the wire of their enclosure as the body of one of their own was wheeled past.

This extraordinary scene took place recently at the Sanaga-Yong Chimpanzee Rescue Center in Cameroon, West Africa.

When a chimp called Dorothy, who was in her late 40s, died of heart failure, her fellow apes seemed to be stricken by sorrow.

As they wrapped their arms around each other in a gesture of solidarity, Dorothy's female keeper gently settled her into the wheelbarrow which carried her to her final resting place - not before giving this much-loved inhabitant of the centre a final affectionate stroke on the forehead.

On edit - this was for Care.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back