There is no God!

I would love to be able to pretend there is a god.

Im happy for those who believe it and have comfort in what they believe.

I really dont like it when some of those people try to FORCE their religion on those of us who dont share it.

I cant pretend this fantasy is real, I just cant.

Sorry but its not in me to pretend like that.

I know some of you believe completely and are not pretending but I know some people are just pretending for family or hedging their bets.

I cant do that.

I dont believe.

I cant pretend I do.

It just makes no sense to believe in something there is absolutely NO evidence for.

I think it completely foolish to beat people up because they dont share your belief.

I believe in things I can find some evidence for and others dont require that level of proof to believe.

That does not make you better than me.

It makes you more irrational than me.

You certainly put a lot of stock in your human mind, don't you? You call me irrational, I call you unbelievably arrogant to think that you can know or understand 99% of anything about our existance and how it came to be.

You certainly put a lot of stock in your human mind, don't you?

As do you. You use your mind to tell yourself that there is a God no matter what the evidence shows.

-TSO

No, I look at the wonders of nature and how much we do not understand about who/what/where we are and where it all came from, and my mind tells me that such organization is not a coincidence, it's intelligent design. And it's much more intelligent than anything we are capable of understanding.

Evidence is against you my friend.

As do you. You use your mind to tell yourself that there is a God no matter what the evidence shows.

-TSO

No, I look at the wonders of nature and how much we do not understand about who/what/where we are and where it all came from, and my mind tells me that such organization is not a coincidence, it's intelligent design. And it's much more intelligent than anything we are capable of understanding.

Just your attempt to explain the unexplained, man has been doing that since we lived in caves. We have had gods of all varieties to try and explain the unexplained.

-TSO

And at one point in our history we didn't know that the earth rotated around the sun. Given time and research, the mystries of the universe can be solved. It's just a matter of time. Just because we don't know how something happens, it's not because some God just snapped their fingers and made it happen.

There is no evidence that ID is true, thus there is no evidence against me.

-TSO

-TSO

Just your attempt to explain the unexplained, man has been doing that since we lived in caves. We have had gods of all varieties to try and explain the unexplained.

I see, so you can logically explain everything now in this age of great technological advancement then? You can't explain where life originated or how it originated, and until you can, you know nothing more or less than I do. Your beliefs are theories and opinions.

-TSO

And at one point in our history we didn't know that the earth rotated around the sun. Given time and research, the mystries of the universe can be solved. It's just a matter of time. Just because we don't know how something happens, it's not because some God just snapped their fingers and made it happen.

-TSO

You're saying there is no organizational structure to life on Earth, or how the solar system is structured? You think it was all by chance despite the scientfic discoveries that would lead you to think otherwise? How does math work to begin with in nature or to define nature in any way? From my perspective, the more you discover about the universe scientfically, the more it proves intelligent design.

On a side note, I don't believe there was any 'snap of the fingers' involved.

I see, so you can logically explain everything now in this age of great technological advancement then? You can't explain where life originated or how it originated, and until you can, you know nothing more or less than I do. Your beliefs are theories and opinions.

No I cannot explain it all no more than the experts that though disease was caused by evil spirits/sins could. But we are making progress.

and thankfully the Christian church no longer kills people for scientific discoveries.

Can this statement be proven (without the use of "faith") as incorrect?

-TSO

Can you prove that there isn't a God?
No moreso than you can prove there isn't a flying spaghetti monster.

I can say however that I have seen no evidence that there is a god. I spent many of my younger years praying and believing and still no evidence to me.

I never prayed to the flying spaghetti monster though ;)
Perhaps it would have answered me?

-TSO

You're saying there is no organizational structure to life on Earth, or how the solar system is structured?

A red herring, besides being a fish, is an argument style in which an irrelevant, or false, topic is presented in an attempt to divert attention from the original issue, with the intention of "winning" an argument by leading attention away from the original argument and on to another, often unrelated topic. This "reasoning" takes the following form:

1. Topic A is under discussion.
  2. Topic B is introduced under the guise of being relevant to topic A, even though topic B has no relevance to topic A.
  3. Topic A ends up being abandoned.
This sort of "reasoning" is fallacious because changing the topic of discussion does not count as an argument against a claim.
Red herring - RationalWiki
How does math work to begin with in nature or to define nature in any way
:eusa_eh:

-TSO

The argument from ignorance,[1] also known as argumentum ad ignorantiam ("appeal to ignorance"[1][2]), argument by lack of imagination[citation needed], or negative evidence,[1] is a logical fallacy in which it is claimed that a premise is true only because it has not been proven false, or is false only because it has not been proven true.

Argument from ignorance - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

-TSO

Why would anyone waste thier time trying to prove wasting thier time is stupid? It is the height of bad circular logic. There is enough wasted time going on by those that have been suckered into religion.

I think it would make more sense to start a class action suite against those comitting fraud against humanity by subverting the intelligence and resources we do have into the black hole of religion.

Here is your proof.... Taking in the entirety of what we do know that is we(the humans) are a speck...on a speck(the earth)...circling a speck(the sun) which is a speck in our solar system....which is a speck in our galaxy which is which is a speck in the universe. We are less than one..1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000th of the mass of what is. We are literaly worth less than a drop of water out of the ocean. Less than that...we are less than one particle of the finest mist of all the clouds and all the water. I suggest in all that is what a few humans suggest is not even measurable. Take away the so called "meaning" or "faith". There is, in the big picture, nothing to measure to find true or false. God fails because he is too small being only demonstrated in the minds of the faithful and infinitely meaningless to not be worthy of comparison or meaning to what we do know that is.

If manlike you believes in god then why not pursue the meaning of every rant by every insane patient in every mental hospital for the all have the same weight and by weight the difference between thier rants and yours are nothing almost imeasurably identical compared with all of us and the rest of what we know is. You drive a Ford and he drives a Chevy means what on the planet saturn? Your theory is so meaninless it is closer to zero than any value known.

When the earth is shaken to her (utmost) convulsion,
And the earth throws up her burdens (from within),
And man cries (distressed): 'What is the matter with her?
On that Day will she declare her tidings:
For that thy Lord will have given her inspiration.
On that Day will men proceed in companies sorted out, to be shown the deeds that they (had done).
Then shall anyone who has done an atom's weight of good, see it!
And anyone who has done an atom's weight of evil, shall see it.

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHlsI5jQHJE&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/NHlsI5jQHJE&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]​

And here I always thought Nuno was God...

I do not believe in God. But I have a proposition to make to the board.

Let me play around with the definition of GOD, and I can prove to you there are no rational atheists!!
One, Two, Three....GO! Post your definition of GOD, post you argument and let us read your proof.

-TSO

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, as much as someone can prove that Zues or the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist. That would be an illogical falacy.

-TSO
Please define an illogical falacy. I believe you meant to say logical fallacy. However, you are too fucking stupid to realize what you should have done. You are forgiven.

On that Day will men proceed in companies sorted out, to be shown the deeds that they (had done).
You should credit the Quraan, Surah 99 for that. Whether you do or not, you're still full of shit.

Tell me, is the concept of atomic weight actually referenced in the original Quraan?

Please define an illogical falacy. I believe you meant to say logical fallacy. However, you are too fucking stupid to realize what you should have done. You are forgiven.

Wow, yeah, I realized the mistake afterward, big deal.

-TSO

I do not believe in God. But I have a proposition to make to the board.

Let me play around with the definition of GOD, and I can prove to you there are no rational atheists!!
One, Two, Three....GO! Post your definition of GOD, post you argument and let us read your proof.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, as much as someone can prove that Zues or the Flying Spaghetti Monster doesn't exist. That would be an illogical falacy.

-TSO

You should credit the Quraan, Surah 99 for that. Whether you do or not, you're still full of shit.

Tell me, is the concept of atomic weight actually referenced in the original Quraan?

let me tell u smth ?

Only fool ,when get lack of argument , he appeals to his nasty tongue !

is this clear ! I doubt even !

despite of what u might conclude , the truth is not a piece of cake ! and if there is a human who trust nobody... he must return to the main sources such as " TURRAH, BIBLE OR the updated version of both that is Quraan"

many people may disagree with this point but it is not so hopeless, for I personally memorises a lot of (holy texts) and never reach to the degree of old believers since the faith is a divine gift I always ask the Almighty GOD for ,amen

Last edited:

Forum List

Back