There is no embassy or consulate in Benghazi it's in Tripoli

deep sigh....

Please, for the love of God, do some research on your own guys....pretty pretty pretty please use your God given brains and STOP believing in every piece of bull crap that the 'interwebs' throws at you....

August 26, 2012

Ambassador Chris Stevens (R) and MFA Director of the Americas Desk Abdurrahman al-Gannas (L) cut the ribbon to mark the opening of the new Consular section.

(As delivered)

Good morning everybody. Sabaah al-kheir. Welcome to the Embassy. I know it's hot and you're in the sun, so I promise my remarks will be short and to the point.
Today is a great day for U.S.-Libyan relations. I'm so glad that you were all able to join us here to mark the reopening of our Consular section. Since returning to Libya as Ambassador in May, there's one question I've heard almost every day from Libyans: "When are you going to start issuing visas again?" Now, at last, you have your answer: Tomorrow.
Embassy News | Embassy of the United States Tripoli, Libya

opening the embassy in Tripoli is not the same as saying Benghazi

deep sigh....

Please, for the love of God, do some research on your own guys....pretty pretty pretty please use your God given brains and STOP believing in every piece of bull crap that the 'interwebs' throws at you....

August 26, 2012

Ambassador Chris Stevens (R) and MFA Director of the Americas Desk Abdurrahman al-Gannas (L) cut the ribbon to mark the opening of the new Consular section.

(As delivered)

Good morning everybody. Sabaah al-kheir. Welcome to the Embassy. I know it's hot and you're in the sun, so I promise my remarks will be short and to the point.
Today is a great day for U.S.-Libyan relations. I'm so glad that you were all able to join us here to mark the reopening of our Consular section. Since returning to Libya as Ambassador in May, there's one question I've heard almost every day from Libyans: "When are you going to start issuing visas again?" Now, at last, you have your answer: Tomorrow.

I'm sorry, I posted the wrong link.... it's called 'the annex'

On September 11, they were ensconced in the safety of an annex location in another part of the city when they got word that the main consulate building was under fire and the diplomats there -- with an armed force of only nine people -- were overwhelmed by the deteriorating situation.

Former Navy SEALs died after coming to the aid of others - CNN.com

deep sigh....

On September 11, they were ensconced in the safety of an annex location in another part of the city when they got word that the main consulate building was under fire and the diplomats there -- with an armed force of only nine people -- were overwhelmed by the deteriorating situation.

Still no explanation as to WHY they were there in such a dangerous place with NO security detail or advance team.

There is something we don't know, and won't know.... at least not before the election. :eusa_whistle:

deep sigh....

Look the state department does not call it an annex obama administration doesn't call it an annex. They identify it as a consulate or embassy.

Still no explanation as to WHY they were there in such a dangerous place with NO security detail or advance team.

There is something we don't know, and won't know.... at least not before the election. :eusa_whistle:

Are you really expecting them to give an explanation for anything they do?

:rolleyes:

"Embassy" is a fluid term. It doesn't just describe a building, it describes a diplomatic mission.

In a war torn country, the embassy and the consulates are often temporary locations.

There is no doubt in my mind that bugger reb won't grasp this concept and he will add this to his growing list of conspiracy theories.

"Embassy" is a fluid term. It doesn't just describe a building, it describes a diplomatic mission.

In a war torn country, the embassy and the consulates are often temporary locations.

There is no doubt in my mind that bugger reb won't grasp this concept and he will add this to his growing list of conspiracy theories.

What a load of shit, the location of an Ambassador does not make an embassy.
It's you who does not grasp this concept

I didn't say it did, bugger. Thanks for proving my point.

You implied it. I understand completely liberal twist and spin talk.

You implied it. I understand completely liberal twist and spin talk.
No, I didn't. You are just very stupid.

Yes you were implying that You said

This happen in Tripoli not Benghazi
Remarks by Ambassador Chris Stevens at the Reopening of the Consular Section

Forum List

Back