There is an upside to the mess in Japan

Toro and SB,

My guess is that Allie chose the undeniably provocative title in order to attract attention. It's how you market a thread, so to speak. I don't think she meant any genuine harm by it.

It's the first weekend of spring break and whale watching season, and I was able to book an oceanfront room with NO problem for tomorrow and the next day, AND got a whopping discount off the OFF season rate.

The Oregon coast is suffering because of the tsunami & fear of radiation. This is good news for someone who is not very organized, is always on a budget, and wanted to flee to the coast with zero notice.

I pray for the people of Japan, but damn, how precipitous for me!

:dance:

Ya know, we stupid liberals also say it's dangerous to play in traffic. Why don'tcha really stick it to us and do that for awhile?

i knew the minute i saw the thread title ....this would not go well....

is allie simply stating that to every cloud there is a silver lining?

yes

is it crass and classless to point this out in the manner she did....

o hell yes

Another example....

Timothy McVeigh's actions helped create a beautiful park in Oklahoma City.

there is no upside to the tragedy in Japan.... it's horrific.... :(

Every cloud has a silver lining.

It is an ill wind that blows no good.

My sun sets to rise again.

You are definitely not an optimist. That baby that survived the tsunami and 4 days buries in the rubble will grow up to disagree with you about there being nothing good about the tsunami.

That baby was PRACTICALLY DEAD! They shouldn't even have looked for it and if it was alive and (horror) trapped they should have just killed it to save everybody else the horror of knowing it was trapped!

i knew the minute i saw the thread title ....this would not go well....

is allie simply stating that to every cloud there is a silver lining?

yes

is it crass and classless to point this out in the manner she did....

o hell yes

Yes, it's always tasteless to point out the truth, I know.

I'll bet there were any number of people who immediately started checking room rates on the coast for their own selfish purposes. I know there are at least a couple of oregonians on here. I was sharing information.

Forum List

Back