There Is A Real Problem...

Discussion in 'Environment' started by PoliticalChic, Nov 20, 2019.

1. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,294
    It isn't just one point on earth. But, if you look at the polar regions together, and they show the same sort of temperature history, then you have something...unless of course, you can provide a rational, scientifically valid reason that the polar regions might show similar temperature history but the earth between was doing something entirely different.

Again...here are gold standard temperature reconstructions derived from ice cores taken above the arctic circle, and from antarctica...they both show that the present is cooler than it has been for most of the past 10,000 years.

[​IMG]
    upload_2019-11-24_9-20-4.png

Take a look at the GISP2 temperature reconstruction from Greenland. It shows clearly that prior to the onset of the little ice age, Iceland, as well as most of the Arctic were "sub arctic" What do you think the Glaciers looked like for most of the past 10K years in iceland? Do you really think that they are receding more dramatically today than they did between 1100 and 900 years ago? How about between 4000, and 3300 years ago? Think the glaciers may have receded a bit during that period? How about between 8100 and 7600 years ago? Far more temperature change then and in a far shorter period of time? You think the ice loss today even begins to compare with the ice loss during that time? And tell me...has iceland managed to survive the radical climate changes it has seen over the past 10K years? Do you think those changes can even begin to compare with the sedate change of a degree in 150 years that we have seen?

Attached Files:

2. SSDD

SSDD Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,294
    Observation shows the models to be wrong...

3. Sunsettommy

Sunsettommy Gold Member Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,881
    You are truly devoid of critical thinking skills, since ALL of the charts SSDD posted are based on real data, none of them are models, are you that stupid?

The VOSTOCK chart are based on ice core data, same with Greenlands GISP2 ice core data, the OLR monthly data are from Satellites, the Mauna Loa CO2 data and that CO2 changes are FOLLOWING temperature changes also based on the data, so are the airborne CO2 fraction changes are based on the data..

You ignored his big post because you have been conned and trained to ignore real data, for pseudoscience.

None of it are models, stop being this stupid and ignorant!

4. ReinyDays

ReinyDays VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +548
    I respect NOAA ... what they do well they do VERY well ... presenting advanced fluid hydrothermodynamics to 7-year-old children is something they DON'T do well ... no one does ... as evidenced by the dialogue about climate ... (ha ha ha ... NS ... see how your eyes just glazed over) ...

Well ... you're wrong ... your belief system is flawed ... when climate drives a dry wind over an ice field, the moisture uptake does NOT depend on the permanence of the ice ... why you don't know is because you're speaking nonsense ...

I studied math in college ...

Nice citation ... very informative ... however, it doesn't confirm your claim of "thousands of square miles" being washed away along the eastern seaboard ... that's five miles inland along the entire US Atlantic coast ... you have a conservation of mass issue with your claim ... when wave action washes beach sand away from one location, that sand is re-deposited at another location ... and of course in the past fifty years, human did their rodent thing and hauled the fool sand back in dump trucks ...

The beaches we do have here on the West Coast change shape according to the El Nino cycle ... big fifteen foot tall rick-rack barriers usually completely buried in sand until a strong El Nino happens and all that sand washes away, the barrier then protects the homes built nearby ... but once the El Nino cycle subsides, all that sand is re-deposited ... but that's just a couple hundred feet of material, you're talking several miles ... once again I must ask, how do you demonstrate this? ...

You have mistaken me ... I have no problem with global warming, my claim is that a couple of degrees isn't near enough to change any climate, especially since so much of the global climate has very little to do with temperature ... I'm sure you had to take college physics in your coastal dynamics studies, so I don't have to explain to you thermal expansion ... I shouldn't have to explain cause-and-effect either ... don't you think? ...

Just input data from 100 years ago and run the model ... see, the results are no where close to today's conditions ... the climate models themselves are self-falsifying ... you studied coastal dynamics, you should know this ...

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  5. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,897
    When climate drives a dry wind over an ice field, the moisture uptake does DEFINITELY depend on the permanence of the ice. If the ice is gone there will by NO moisture uptake.

Actually, I may have been too conservative. Florida alone is more than 65,000 sq miles and the average elevation in Florida is 6 feet,some places are as little as 3 feet above sea level.

Climate has a lot to do with temperature, ocean temperature. Living with El Nino, you should understand. A small change in ocean temperature or a change in ocean circulation can have a large impact on climate.

6. alang1216

alang1216 Pragmatist

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,897
    I believe I was replying to your post which contained:
    "Yes it is warming, but CO2 is obviously NOT the driver of it. Heck using Trenberth's own energy budget math, CO2 CAN'T cause global warming anyway. The amount of energy leaving the planet always exceeds the theoretical warm forcing of CO2, ALWAYS!"​
    Is "energy budget math" not a model?

7. mamooth

mamooth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,738
    So you actually don't understand the simple difference between forcing and total outgoing longwave.

This is basic stuff, and you fail completely at it. Why are you bothering the grownups with your idiot prattle?

Hilarious. You and PC are both telling everyone to trust you over our own lying ears, and even over your own denier sources. Just why did you think it was a good idea to jump down into the stupid-liar hole with PC? Stop faking quotes.

[​IMG]

They're either cherrypicking fallacies, or they're not relevant to anything. Non-stupid people see that. Obviously, you don't. Understand that we laugh at you for exactly the same reason we laugh at flat-earthers. You're not a brave and brilliant truth tellers; you're just cult morons.

8. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61,246
    "Hilarious. You and PC are both telling everyone to trust you over our own lying ears, and even over your own denier sources."

I'm lovin' it!!!

I prove....PROVE....that Liberal elite says global warming is a religion, not science (at 0:37 seconds....she says it) and you prattle on about not believing what one hears with their own ears.

Remember all the times folks claimed Liberalism is a mental illness..???

You just proved them right.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. mamooth

mamooth Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +13,738
    You faked a quote. That's not debatable, since even your own links say you faked it.

Consider your eternal soul. Do you really want to spend eternity burning in hell and watching the libs up in heaven? The libs will be pwning you for eternity, and that's a long time.

• Funny and Agree!! Funny and Agree!! x 1
  10. PoliticalChic

PoliticalChic Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +61,246

This is the level of insanity the Left has induced. I provide Liberal man-hating Senator Hirono, actually saying "It's a religion, not science" which anyone can hear her say at 37 seconds into the vid....and this howling mental patient with the cat avi says I faked it....

"Hilarious. You and PC are both telling everyone to trust you over our own lying ears, and even over your own denier sources."

I'm lovin' it!!!

I prove....PROVE....that Liberal elite says global warming is a religion, not science (at 0:37 seconds....she says it) and you prattle on about not believing what one hears with their own ears.

"Believe in climate change as though it's a religion, it's not a science"

Remember all the times folks claimed Liberalism is a mental illness..???

You just proved them right.

• Winner Winner x 2