There is a lie in every trial...........Penn State...

Sunshine

Trust the pie.
Dec 17, 2009
When I was in law school, one prof said, 'there's a lie in every trial.' But you rarely see anyone charged with perjury. THIS time, though, Penn State officials will have to answer for their testimony.

I think I have said this before: Colleges try to keep campus crime out of the media. The one I taught in had a policy that forbade faculty or staff from going to police. By school policy, all crime had to be reported ONLY to the administration.

I realize the perjury is a seriuos offense. But so is shoving this kind of dirt under the rug. I really wish this would bring out the kinds of 'policy' to which I refer and force colleges to report crimes to the police. In reality, a policy that does not allow faculty and staff to report a crime which has happened to them personally is a violation of the Equal Protection Clause of the Constitution. I don't know how they get by with it. But we were told we didn't have tenure and we reported a student stalkng or threatening us to the police, our contracts would not be renewed at best, and we would be fired at worst. There's really something wrong with this picture.

Forum List

Back