There Is A God...!

tim_duncan2000 said:
He also went after Kay Bailey Hutchison and it was bogus. I'm not saying that this is too, but we shall see.

Yeah, I am fascinated. I think he once again made it so that he cannot win, this "conpiracy" charge will be very difficult to prove and will likely be thrown out as soon as it hits the judge thus making it twice that he has embarrassed himself trying to get Republicans.

no1tovote4 said:
Yeah, I am fascinated. I think he once again made it so that he cannot win, this "conpiracy" charge will be very difficult to prove and will likely be thrown out as soon as it hits the judge thus making it twice that he has embarrassed himself trying to get Republicans.

Your forgetting the media. When exactly have the media ever troubled themselves to find the real story? DeLay's all but done.

theim said:
Your forgetting the media. When exactly have the media ever troubled themselves to find the real story? DeLay's all but done.

:dunno: It was from the Media that I found out that he has a poor record when going after Republicans that gives the appearance that he is almost always attempting a "vendetta" when he indicts them. One of them, don't remember who, was saying he has a fantastic record of indicting them but almost no convictions at all.

It is fun to watch such things play out. If it turns out to be a witch hunt and the judge simply dismisses it then DeLay can come out smelling better than he did before the indictment.

Still, I can't wait till the Dems fall on their face on this one like with the KArl Rove episode. It never gets old.

Bullypulpit said:
The god I was refering to is <b><i>The Giant Flying Spaghetti Monster</i></b>, which created the universe when a blob of <b>HIS</b> Sacred Sauce fell from his Sacred Platter into the empty firmament.

Ah, but you subconsciously capitalized the word "God" in the thread title, because deep down in your heart you know that there is a real God. Your brain just hasn't made the connection yet. :D

Abbey Normal said:
Ah, but you subconsciously capitalized the word "God" in the thread title, because deep down in your heart you know that there is a real God. Your brain just hasn't made the connection yet. :D

No no, His Great, Noodly Appendage commands capitalization, and henceforth it was done.

First, a lot of people are forgetting that a Grand Jury indicted DeLay, the prosecutor didn't just file charges against him. Also, Ronnie Earle has gone after Democrats on several occasions. He's been investigating DeLay's activities for quite some time now and I don't believe for a second that Earle would stake his long career on DeLay's guilt if he didn't have strong evidence.

Tom DeLay has, at the very least, been very unethical in political dealings in the recent past, and he has been slapped on the wrist for it by the House.

acludem

acludem said:
First, a lot of people are forgetting that a Grand Jury indicted DeLay, the prosecutor didn't just file charges against him. Also, Ronnie Earle has gone after Democrats on several occasions. He's been investigating DeLay's activities for quite some time now and I don't believe for a second that Earle would stake his long career on DeLay's guilt if he didn't have strong evidence.

Tom DeLay has, at the very least, been very unethical in political dealings in the recent past, and he has been slapped on the wrist for it by the House.

acludem

Earle had FIVE (5) grand juries refuse to indict DeLay. Now he finally got an indictment on the sixth not because of money laundering but one count of conspiracy. DeLay is gonna legally skate this one so easily you won't believe it (Conversely, the media will be showing us DeLay's mug shot until the day we die).

It's funny how every "big issue"--Schiavo (Republicans want to get in your bedroom!), Rove, etc.-- sputters out.

acludem said:

acludem

Having been a former Federal Investigator (In my past life)...ya always throw in the "Conspiracy" charge...however it was always best to have a "Real" charge to back up your case...otherwise the case was "weak" to say the least!...end of discussion...end of charge...ol' Earl better go back to Law School!...or stop listening to the ilk of Teddy the 'kill em at the Bridge' kinda guy! :eek:

This is weak, even the WAPO says so. In the partisan race to "get" DeLay, the Dems will only end up with egg on their faces. The politics of personal destruction have to stop.

speederdoc said:
I can't find any information on that, but I would be very interested to learn more. Where did you get that info from?

Heard it from a dude on TV, I'll try and find it

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h1><a href=http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=1166649>TOM DELAY INDICTED!</a></h1></center>

With his ethical chickens come home to roost, Tom Delay has been indicited for conspiracy after an investigation by Houston DA, Ronnie Earle. Despite DeLay's protestations of a partisan witch-hunt by the Democratic DA, Earle has investigated and prosecuted Democrats with equal fervor.

Hey Bullyshit,
I know that details or facts aren't important to you but for the others that do care. . .that dipshit, Ronnie Earle, is the District Attorney of Travis County. That would be Austin(Berkeley of the South), Texas.

You"re dismissed, go empty a bedpan asswipe.

Spiltmind, you might want to take that dick out of your mouth it's garbling your speech. :laugh:

Its hillarious that all the Dems are now singing the same tune, read any of thier interviews or watch them on TV and they all sound the same, with catch phrases like "corruption in Washington". This is such a lame ass attempt by them I'm embarrassed I ever considered myself a Democrat.

It is also funny how Fox wont even metion the indictment with out saying the word partisan Five (5) times.

Isn't it amazing that those people who hate delay have yet to admit that the conspiracy charge was so weak that it's already been dismissed and now the new second charge involved activity that wasn't even illegal back when it was done.

Does that matter? problably not. They just want hurt Delay's good name.

theim said:

You're so right, theim. During our lifetimes, the entire business of journalism has disgraced itself, acting as nothing more than an arm of the DNC.

But, don't forget the new media - the blogosphere and talk radio. There's a faint but determined voice out there, singing out the truth, and people are listening. It is now theoretically possible for a conservative - once targeted for destruction by the MSM/DNC - to survive! He can even come back stronger than ever! Case in point: Rush Limbaugh.

A monopoly on the dissemination of information was the only trump card the left had. Now, it's gone - and they'll never be able to put the genie back in the bottle. Liberalism is a dead man walking.

Forum List

Back