There is A Fifth Dimension, Beyond that which is Known to Man

Modbert

Daydream Believer
Sep 2, 2008
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhKiqo-nqm0&feature=related]YouTube - Twilight Zone Season 1 intro[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjup0ST2GOM&feature=related]YouTube - The Twilight Zone Introduction by Rod Serling[/ame]

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone

The show premiered on October 2, 1959. So today would be the 50th Anniversary of what is perhaps the greatest show on television ever. Not only was Rod Sterling able to write the majority of the episodes but he also was an eloquent storyteller. In fact, one can say that his stories were far ahead of their time and their message is still relevant now more than ever.

There are so many great episodes, so just choosing one would be highly difficult if not impossible.

My top fifteen in order of appearance:

1.) "Time Enough At Last"

2.) "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street"

3.) "A Stop at Willoughby"

4.) "The Howling Man"

5.) "The Eye of the Beholder"

6.) "The Night of the Meek"

7.) "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?"

8.) "The Obsolete Man"

9.) "The Shelter"

10.) "A Game of Pool"

11.) "The Mirror"

12.) "Deaths-Head Revisited"

13.) "He's Alive"

14.) "In Praise of Pip"

and 15.) "The Jeopardy Room"

Thoughts? What are yours?

This thread is about The Twilight Zone more than an actual fifth Dimension. :eusa_eh:

Edit: Alex Jones is a fucktard not worthy of cleaning Rod Sterling's shoes.

Last edited:
There is A Fifth Dimension, Beyond that which is Known to Man

It's called the "Ladies Restroom".

Women usually go in there in pairs, they wait in extremely long lines to get in, and we can only hypothesize what happens when they disappear around the corner.

Most likely tickle fights while wearing only bra and panties.

YouTube - Twilight Zone Season 1 intro

YouTube - The Twilight Zone Introduction by Rod Serling

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone

The show premiered on October 2, 1959. So today would be the 50th Anniversary of what is perhaps the greatest show on television ever. Not only was Rod Sterling able to write the majority of the episodes but he also was an eloquent storyteller. In fact, one can say that his stories were far ahead of their time and their message is still relevant now more than ever.

There are so many great episodes, so just choosing one would be highly difficult if not impossible.

My top fifteen in order of appearance:

1.) "Time Enough At Last"

2.) "The Monsters are Due on Maple Street"

excellent choice.

3.) "A Stop at Willoughby"

i never got why this one was so popular

4.) "The Howling Man"

5.) "The Eye of the Beholder"

one of the best

6.) "The Night of the Meek"

7.) "Will the Real Martian Please Stand Up?"

8.) "The Obsolete Man"

9.) "The Shelter"

10.) "A Game of Pool"

11.) "The Mirror"

12.) "Deaths-Head Revisited"

13.) "He's Alive"

14.) "In Praise of Pip"

and 15.) "The Jeopardy Room"

Thoughts? What are yours?

some i dont reconize by title...

you left out

to serve man....one of the best...

and the one with agnes moorehead...shit was that twilight zone ...yea it was..where she is fighting off the aliens

Rod was sweet on the mother of a friend of mine. They went to the same high school (Ithica, NY, I think) and she ended up a runway fashion model in NYC.

They both lived in Manhattan so, even though she'd married, Rod was a frequent guest at their cocktail parties (by this time she and her hubbie were foreign correspondats and working for CBS...this was the late 50s and gownup people used to drink back then...remember?)

According to my chum, Sterling was riddled with self-doubt.

He was convinced that he was a hack writer, and that sooner or later the world would recognise that he was a fake.

Odd, isn't it?

Proabably the most famous writer TV ever, his shows are still playing on TV and have something like a cult following, and their creator thought his
talent and his creation were basically drek.

Forum List

Back