There He Goes Again!!

Freedom Lover

Feb 14, 2004
Cleveland, Ohio
Did anyone catch Kerry's contradiction of himself in the debate friday night? Not from what he said sometime in the past, but within the debate itself. The transcripts of the debate show that early in the debate he said Saddam was a threat and later in the debate he said Saddam was not a threat. This is not merely a flip-flop, but goes beyond that to demonstrate that Kerry and the democrats are willing to say anything, do anything, and take any position in order to gain power, even to go so far as to say what he did in the last debate about the threat of Saddam. Is it any wonder I believe Kerry, Edwards and the dems are dangerous for America because of their general philosophy of government?

I'm betting you've got your facts wrong, Kerry probably said that he thought Saddam was a threat in 2002 and then said that we now know that Saddam really wasn't a threat.

Can you quote the lines from the debate? shouldnt be that hard. just to let you know we like to have evidence to back things up alot of the time here.

Sorry guys you lose. Here is what he said direct from the debate transcript. Look it up for yourselves if you want.

KERRY: Well, let me tell you straight up: I've never changed my mind about Iraq. I do believe Saddam Hussein was a threat. I always believed he was a threat. Believed it in 1998 when Clinton was president. I wanted to give Clinton the power to use force if necessary.

KERRY: I don't think you can just rely on U.N. sanctions, Randee. But you're absolutely correct, it is a threat, it's a huge threat.

And what's interesting is, it's a threat that has grown while the president has been preoccupied with Iraq, where there wasn't a threat.

Pay special attention to the last five words.

This time Kerry could not even wait until the next day to contradict himself. He did it within a matter of minutes in one debate.

Clinton was a much better nuancer. He would've used three different synonyms for the word threat so you couldn't call him on his playing all sides of an issue.

Can you quote the lines from the debate? shouldnt be that hard. just to let you know we like to have evidence to back things up alot of the time here.

yes you often use facts but you must admit you also like to spin them to better support your side of an argument. lucky for u kerry did condratict himself in this part of the debate. However the treat sadam posed to US and the threat posed to the entire world by Iran are not very similar in the danger factor catagory in mose moderate peoples minds and no amout of right wing or left wing spining and interpretation will change our minds on that.

Freedom Lover said:
Sorry guys you lose. Here is what he said direct from the debate transcript. Look it up for yourselves if you want.

KERRY: Well, let me tell you straight up: I've never changed my mind about Iraq. I do believe Saddam Hussein was a threat. I always believed he was a threat. Believed it in 1998 when Clinton was president. I wanted to give Clinton the power to use force if necessary.

KERRY: I don't think you can just rely on U.N. sanctions, Randee. But you're absolutely correct, it is a threat, it's a huge threat.

And what's interesting is, it's a threat that has grown while the president has been preoccupied with Iraq, where there wasn't a threat.

This time Kerry could not even wait until the next day to contradict himself. He did it within a matter of minutes in one debate.

Need a link bro. :D I saw the speech and i know he spoke the words but link it up so we can all see. Links are your credibility. Alot of people claim things on these boards, but without evidence, they dont have credibility.

Freedom Lover said:
Did anyone catch Kerry's contradiction of himself in the debate friday night? Not from what he said sometime in the past, but within the debate itself. The transcripts of the debate show that early in the debate he said Saddam was a threat and later in the debate he said Saddam was not a threat. This is not merely a flip-flop, but goes beyond that to demonstrate that Kerry and the democrats are willing to say anything, do anything, and take any position in order to gain power, even to go so far as to say what he did in the last debate about the threat of Saddam. Is it any wonder I believe Kerry, Edwards and the dems are dangerous for America because of their general philosophy of government?

Ummm do you want him to say he was a threat??? o.k he was a threat. Errr do you want him to say he was not a threat??? o.k. he was not a threat..... See how that works???;-) :wtf: :D Vote fer me please I've groomed for dis job since I were a lil turd.... :puke:

Palestinian Jew said:
I'm betting you've got your facts wrong, Kerry probably said that he thought Saddam was a threat in 2002 and then said that we now know that Saddam really wasn't a threat.

Of course he is not " now " a threat, he is in custody, duh!! :)

Freedom Lover said:
You wanted a link? Here it is.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/debatereferee/debate_1008.html.

I thought perhaps I had supplied you with coloring book. Now here are the crayons.

There is no spin when you hear with your ears and read with your own eyes the words of a candidate who can't make up his mind which side of an issue he is on and can stick with it. That my friend is NOT leadership!

Be warned. if you continue with the attitude you have now you may have problems here. In case you havent been reading most people are argreeing that Kerry screwed up. We agree with you. However, we are consistant in asking references from both sides. If you get an attitude though alot of people are going to blow you off even if you have something worth saying.

MadMax said:
Ummm do you want him to say he was a threat??? o.k he was a threat. Errr do you want him to say he was not a threat??? o.k. he was not a threat..... See how that works???;-) :wtf: :D Vote fer me please I've groomed for dis job since I were a lil turd.... :puke:

:2guns: Like that a lot ...... lil turd LOl

It seem the fact that kerry has as many different personalities as Cybil had just doesn't matter to his supporters, the only thing that matters is that on any given day he can be bullied and molded to be a liberal propagandist puppet and go which ever way the wind is blowing that moment, with a nice orange tan and a wax museum smile. With his senate record it is beyond my comprehension that he has had a 20 year career at all, but that has given him plenty of time to perfect lying.......oops I mean nuancing....... :tng: So in that respect he wins amongst his followers.

Freedom Lover said:
You wanted a link? Here it is.

www.washingtonpost.com/wp-srv/politics/debatereferee/debate_1008.html.

I thought perhaps I had supplied you with the coloring book. Now here are the crayons.

There is no spin when you hear with your ears and read with your own eyes the words of a candidate who can't make up his mind which side of an issue he is on and can stick with it. That my friend is NOT leadership!

No shit. Provide links for all your sources though. As avatar said, most people agree with what you have said. However, no one is immune from evidence. Provide it and no problems will occur.

I must be missing something. The vast majority of posts on this board have no reference, no link and no quotes such as I provided upon request, including you. I can only surmise that you are a Kerry supporter and can not stand the truth about your candidate. As usual, Kerry supporters always try and deflect from the message and turn to the superfulous. The quotes were provided from the transcipt as asked for. I did not realize you wanted me to do something for you that you could do for yourself with a few keystrokes on Google. In the future I will attempt to give you the coloring book and the crayons.

Freedom Lover said:
I must be missing something. The vast majority of posts on this board have no reference, no link and no quotes such as I provided upon request, including you. I can only surmise that you are a Kerry supporter and can not stand the truth about your candidate. As usual, Kerry supporters always try and deflect from the message and turn to the superfulous. The quotes were provided from the transcipt as asked for. I did not realize you wanted me to do something for you that you could do for yourself with a few keystrokes on Google. In the future I will attempt to give you the coloring book and the crayons.

LOL Avatar is no Kerry supporter.......Sorry that was amusing. Most of us whenever relevant post a link not so much for those who agree with us but more for those that don't. True it's not always possible or warranted, but in your post which had to do with something Kerry directly said a link would go a lot father in making your point, this way the Liberals can't say prove it, when you already have..

Freedom Lover said:

You best settle your self down kiddo. We dont need idiots like you around here. Do some research and read some posts before you act like an asshole again.

You have just lost the arguement when you have to resort to name calling instead of dealing with the real issue, not to mention the use of profanity, which only says you do not have the vocabulary to express yourself in a proper manner. Therefore, I will no longer respond to any of your posts on this subject, since apparently you are more interested in style rather than substance.

Freedom Lover said:
You have just lost the arguement when you have to resort to name calling instead of dealing with the real issue, not to mention the use of profanity, which only says you do not have the vocabulary to express yourself in a proper manner. Therefore, I will no longer respond to any of your posts on this subject, since apparently you are more interested in style rather than substance.

Your a fucking retard. This is just a reminder to everyone that even though Democrats have a majority of idiots, Republicans have our fair share as well. :duh3:

Freedom Lover said:

Just as I thought, Kerry did not contradict himself. He is just saying that it turns out there wasn't a threat. Now if you want to argue with his logic that we should have attacked NK instead of Iraq, when he himself thought Iraq was a threat, then by all means go ahead.

Forum List

Back