There goes that 'there are no victims in homosexuality' argument...

wolvie20m said:
Of course I would never condone a child molestation. I simply want to show that a person being gay does not prove them more likely to be a pedophile. I exclude no group from being punished for crimes such as these.

Nor would I. But, don't you find those numbers disturbing?

wolvie20m said:
I find every case disturbing, not just the homosexual ones.

Right. Me, too. But the numbers demonstrate that homosexuals actually ARE more likely to be pedophiles.

musicman said:
Right. Me, too. But the numbers demonstrate that homosexuals actually ARE more likely to be pedophiles.

I think it has more to do with molestation of said gay molesters as children. Repeting the pattern of abuse introduced to them at a young age is a common theme among them.

Said1 said:
I think it has more to do with molestation of said gay molesters as children. Repeting the pattern of abuse introduced to them at a young age is a common theme among them.

While what you say is certainly true, I got the sense that the study actually addressed it self to the youth-oriented nature of homosexuality. And, of course, the adult victim of childhood abuse has the option of seeking help, while a child is pretty much helpless.

musicman said:
While what you say is certainly true, I got the sense that the study actually addressed it self to the youth-oriented nature of homosexuality. And, of course, the adult victim of childhood abuse has the option of seeking help, while a child is pretty much helpless.

Of course, my comment was NOT a defense - not even close.

musicman said:
Oh, I never took it as such! And, you're quite right - the abuse is an awful cycle.

Cool. This topic always gets so heated, I always feel the need to be perfectly clear to avoid any misunderstandings!

Ok musicman, here it goes I searched the interenet for a un-bias info site. This is what I found after reading through countless sites.
http://www.familyresearchinst.org/FRI_EduPamphlet2.html

Reading this has accutually made me depressed. The only group that can be proven to be more likely for child abuse/molestation is people who work with children. Now hopefully you can find me a un-bias site to dissprove me, or read carefully and accept the fact that being a homosexual doesn't constitute them being more likely to be pedophiles.

But the numbers don't lie, wolvie. Believe me, I take no pleasure in that fact. I'm not laughing and saying, "Aha - I was right!" It is the sad and sickening truth that, while homosexuals make up 2-3% of the population, they perpetrate 25-40% of child molestations. No amount of creative statistic-juggling can change it (and it's sure as hell not for lack of trying). We can all cry "homophobe!" till the cows come home - the truth still won't go away.

musicman said:
But the numbers don't lie, wolvie. Believe me, I take no pleasure in that fact. I'm not laughing and saying, "Aha - I was right!" It is the sad and sickening truth that, while homosexuals make up 2-3% of the population, they perpetrate 25-40% of child molestations. No amount of creative statistic-juggling can change it (and it's sure as hell not for lack of trying). We can all cry "homophobe!" till the cows come home - the truth still won't go away.

There was also a statistic that said a homosexual pedophile would have over 7 times as many victims as a heterosexual pedophile. Therefore you need to divide that 25-40% by 7 and you get 3-6%. That would indicate to me that pedophilia is only slightly higher in homosexuals than it is in heterosexuals.

MissileMan said:
There was also a statistic that said a homosexual pedophile would have over 7 times as many victims as a heterosexual pedophile. Therefore you need to divide that 25-40% by 7 and you get 3-6%. That would indicate to me that pedophilia is only slightly higher in homosexuals than it is in heterosexuals.

Since Homosexual Pedophiles have as many as SEVEN TIMES the number of victims as Heterosexual pedophiles, why would that indicated only 'slightly' higher pedophilia rates? I don't follow the math on that one.

-=d=- said:
Since Homosexual Pedophiles have as many as SEVEN TIMES the number of victims as Heterosexual pedophiles, why would that indicated only 'slightly' higher pedophilia rates? I don't follow the math on that one.

I don't either. Math is hard. :eek:

Well glad to hear it musicman, better to have a debate with someone who isn't bias. Well all the numbers are there all this will be is repetive. I think we should call this one and walk away.

MissileMan said:
You STILL don't get it! If he had not been a PEDOPHILE, he would not have hurt that little boy.

NAMBLA, a gay organization supporting relationships between men and boys, enough said.

-=d=- said:

Ok, let's say 100 kids get molested, and we take the higher percentage meaning that 40 of the kids were molested by a homosexual pedophile. These 40 molestations would be done by approximately 6 molesters (40/7). That means that 60 hetero sexual molesters committed the remainder. That would mean there are 10 heterosexual pedophiles for every 1 homosexual one. If you go with the lower 25%, you come up with approximately 21 heterosexual per 1 homosexual.

Forum List

Back