There are too many buried threads

Onyx

Gold Member
Dec 17, 2015
I do not really have any suggestions, but this site is incredibly congested and more threads seem to get buried with little conversation than not.

One thing I will point out is that there are those making 10-20 threads each day, and many of those threads are trolling and such.

Those people are paid agents for the candidates' campaigns.

Some of them post for both sides using different monikers.

It is what it is.

I do not really have any suggestions, but this site is incredibly congested and more threads seem to get buried with little conversation than not.

One thing I will point out is that there are those making 10-20 threads each day, and many of those threads are trolling and such.

Astro-turfers. Some are on here 24/7, and have thousands of posts per month or more just on this site, not to mention on other sites they spam. You can go to Hive sites like Democratic Underground and Town Hall and find where they target active sites with their assorted 'campaigns', even targeting specific posters.

Jake knows all about that, but he types slow and found he couldn't handle multiple socks like many of the others, so they quit paying him.

Last edited:

Astro-turfers. Some are on here 24/7, and have thousands of posts per month or more just on this site, not to mention on other sites they spam. You can go to Hive sites like Democratic Underground and Town Hall and find where they target active sites with their assorted 'campaigns', even targeting specific posters.

Jake knows all about that, but he types slow and found he couldn't handle multiple socks like many of the others.
Jake is just hyperactive.....So am I...but my work site has no form of computer use...

Jake knows all about that, but he types slow and found he couldn't handle multiple socks like many of the others.
Jake is just hyperactive.....So am I...but my work site has no form of computer use...

I haven't had to work since 2001, when I guessed right on the election outcome and made a killing, and I post a lot here, by my standards. I can't imagine what posting 10's of thousands of messages would be like. Are you snowed-in Canadian millennials?

Two points:

1. This site has been up and running for a long time.
2. Not every thread has an audience.

There are efforts made to merge similar threads, but I imagine it's a pain in the ass to do so, much less catch all of them.

Forum List

Back