There are only a few banned words here

she was a tempernce worker MissBiker Sailor . Course she can be your hero , ok with me .

Again..................I will ask the question.......................why are Americans so butt hurt about the "c word"? Especially women? I mean, if you go to the UK, they use that word like we Americans use the word "asshole". It isn't gender specific over there, and it's not that bad of a word either.
Because this isn't the UK and the term is used differently here?
---------------------------------- some people simply like restricting speech in the same way that 'suzy b. antony' liked working againt alcohol consumption and helped cause PROHIBITION in the USA BSailor .

PissMore...............it's always a pleasure to see how screwed up your history classes were in your high school.

Susan B. Anthony was for Women's Sufferage and the right for women to vote.

Susan B. Anthony - Wikipedia

Susan B. Anthony (February 15, 1820 – March 13, 1906) was an American social reformer and women's rights activist who played a pivotal role in the women's suffrage movement. Born into a Quaker family committed to social equality, she collected anti-slavery petitions at the age of 17. In 1856, she became the New York state agent for the American Anti-Slavery Society.

In 1851, she met Elizabeth Cady Stanton, who became her lifelong friend and co-worker in social reform activities, primarily in the field of women's rights. In 1852, they founded the New York Women's State Temperance Society after Anthony was prevented from speaking at a temperance conference because she was female. In 1863, they founded the Women's Loyal National League, which conducted the largest petition drive in United States history up to that time, collecting nearly 400,000 signatures in support of the abolition of slavery. In 1866, they initiated the American Equal Rights Association, which campaigned for equal rights for both women and African Americans. In 1868, they began publishing a women's rights newspaper called The Revolution. In 1869, they founded the National Woman Suffrage Association as part of a split in the women's movement. In 1890, the split was formally healed when their organization merged with the rival American Woman Suffrage Association to form the National American Woman Suffrage Association, with Anthony as its key force. In 1876, Anthony and Stanton began working with Matilda Joslyn Gage on what eventually grew into the six-volume History of Woman Suffrage. The interests of Anthony and Stanton diverged somewhat in later years, but the two remained close friends.

In 1872, Anthony was arrested for voting in her hometown of Rochester, New York, and convicted in a widely publicized trial. Although she refused to pay the fine, the authorities declined to take further action. In 1878, Anthony and Stanton arranged for Congress to be presented with an amendment giving women the right to vote. Introduced by Sen. Aaron A. Sargent (R-CA), it later became known colloquially as the Susan B. Anthony Amendment. It was ratified as the Nineteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in 1920.

If you are talking about Prohibition and the banning of alcohol by the government, that particular movement was spearheaded by Carrie Nation.

Carrie Nation - Wikipedia

Carrie Amelia Nation (forename sometimes spelled Carry;[1] November 25, 1846 – June 9, 1911) was an American woman who was a radical member of the temperance movement, which opposed alcohol before the advent of Prohibition. She is particularly noteworthy for attacking alcohol-serving establishments (most often taverns) with a hatchet.

Nation also had concerns about tight clothing for women. In fact, she refused to wear a corset and urged women not to wear them because of their harmful effects on vital organs.[2]

She described herself as "a bulldog running along at the feet of Jesus, barking at what He doesn't like",[3] and claimed a divine ordination to promote temperance by destroying bars.[citation needed]

Quick hint PissMore...............if you have internet access, you also have access to various search engines you can use to check your information so that you don't look like so much of an ass. Just because you post it repeatedly in a thread, doesn't make it true. Susan B. Anthony didn't have anything to do with prohibition.
Thank you, Biker. I saw that same information but did not bother to copy it for Pismoe. Susan B. is a homey; I have a great deal of respect for her.

Again..................I will ask the question.......................why are Americans so butt hurt about the "c word"? Especially women? I mean, if you go to the UK, they use that word like we Americans use the word "asshole". It isn't gender specific over there, and it's not that bad of a word either.
Because this isn't the UK and the term is used differently here?
---------------------------------- some people simply like restricting speech in the same way that 'suzy b. antony' liked working againt alcohol consumption and helped cause PROHIBITION in the USA BSailor .

PissMore...............it's always a pleasure to see how screwed up your history classes were in your high school.

Susan B. Anthony was for Women's Sufferage and the right for women to vote.

Susan B. Anthony - Wikipedia

Susan B. Anthony (February 15, 1820 – March 13, 1906) was an American social reformer and women's rights activist who played a pivotal role in the women's suffrage movement. Born into a Quaker family committed to social equality, she collected anti-slavery petitions at the age of 17. In 1856, she became the New York state agent for the American Anti-Slavery Society.

In 1851, she met Elizabeth Cady Stanton, who became her lifelong friend and co-worker in social reform activities, primarily in the field of women's rights. In 1852, they founded the New York Women's State Temperance Society after Anthony was prevented from speaking at a temperance conference because she was female. In 1863, they founded the Women's Loyal National League, which conducted the largest petition drive in United States history up to that time, collecting nearly 400,000 signatures in support of the abolition of slavery. In 1866, they initiated the American Equal Rights Association, which campaigned for equal rights for both women and African Americans. In 1868, they began publishing a women's rights newspaper called The Revolution. In 1869, they founded the National Woman Suffrage Association as part of a split in the women's movement. In 1890, the split was formally healed when their organization merged with the rival American Woman Suffrage Association to form the National American Woman Suffrage Association, with Anthony as its key force. In 1876, Anthony and Stanton began working with Matilda Joslyn Gage on what eventually grew into the six-volume History of Woman Suffrage. The interests of Anthony and Stanton diverged somewhat in later years, but the two remained close friends.

In 1872, Anthony was arrested for voting in her hometown of Rochester, New York, and convicted in a widely publicized trial. Although she refused to pay the fine, the authorities declined to take further action. In 1878, Anthony and Stanton arranged for Congress to be presented with an amendment giving women the right to vote. Introduced by Sen. Aaron A. Sargent (R-CA), it later became known colloquially as the Susan B. Anthony Amendment. It was ratified as the Nineteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution in 1920.

If you are talking about Prohibition and the banning of alcohol by the government, that particular movement was spearheaded by Carrie Nation.

Carrie Nation - Wikipedia

Carrie Amelia Nation (forename sometimes spelled Carry;[1] November 25, 1846 – June 9, 1911) was an American woman who was a radical member of the temperance movement, which opposed alcohol before the advent of Prohibition. She is particularly noteworthy for attacking alcohol-serving establishments (most often taverns) with a hatchet.

Nation also had concerns about tight clothing for women. In fact, she refused to wear a corset and urged women not to wear them because of their harmful effects on vital organs.[2]

She described herself as "a bulldog running along at the feet of Jesus, barking at what He doesn't like",[3] and claimed a divine ordination to promote temperance by destroying bars.[citation needed]

Quick hint PissMore...............if you have internet access, you also have access to various search engines you can use to check your information so that you don't look like so much of an ass. Just because you post it repeatedly in a thread, doesn't make it true. Susan B. Anthony didn't have anything to do with prohibition.
Thank you, Biker. I saw that same information but did not bother to copy it for Pismoe. Susan B. is a homey; I have a great deal of respect for her.

PissMore apparently can't differentiate between posters either Old Lady, because S. B. Anthony is YOUR hero, not mine, and although I admire what she did for getting the vote for women, she's not among my top heroes and I don't talk about her much, never mind the fact that I didn't bring her up until PissMore made the stupid statement about it being her that supported Prohibition (she didn't).

What's even funnier, is I think that Piss More and I used the same link. Apparently, he's not smart enough to read the whole thing, otherwise he wouldn't have missed the paragraph at the bottom that said although she worked for the Temperance movement, she was firmly against Prohibition, and was only using that work as a platform to get women the right to vote.

as my link shows , 'suzy b anyony' was a temerance worker and that only means one thing .

And one of them refers to the female anatomy, beginning with C and ending with T. People get around the filter all the time by spelling it with a K, but hey, it's the thought that counts and I appreciate it.

Now a few of our more vile posters are using a new term to say exactly the same offensive thing: Front holer. I realize it would be difficult (impossible?) to create a filter for it, because "front" and "hole" are both words that are used in other ways, but could all the mods agree that if they are in a thread and see that term used that they will red - x it same as they would C*NT?

Isn't the term front hole a liberal invention?
NO it's what trump starts on at his golf course

And one of them refers to the female anatomy, beginning with C and ending with T. People get around the filter all the time by spelling it with a K, but hey, it's the thought that counts and I appreciate it.

Now a few of our more vile posters are using a new term to say exactly the same offensive thing: Front holer. I realize it would be difficult (impossible?) to create a filter for it, because "front" and "hole" are both words that are used in other ways, but could all the mods agree that if they are in a thread and see that term used that they will red - x it same as they would C*NT?

1. That's a shame as the C word is one of my most favorite words!
  2. Guys have a front hole, too.
  3. You mind front hole so are you implying then you're into the other one as being OK?

seems to me that lefty women like 'suzy b antony' are anti Free Speech and anti freedom and were the push behind alcohol prohibition in the USA . Its these same type women that are pushing for Gun Control in the USA . Plus see the 'muslim' cartoon threads where many woman in those threads say , lets be nice and polite as we cater to muslim wishes of not exercising Free Expression in mohamad cartoon contests . Same goes for many lefty lefty males but its the woman that are worse .

Any possibility we could move this discussion back to her thread and get back on topic here?

Pfft, to heck with that. We should move the discussion to the Flame Zone, ask TNHarley. :21:
Perhaps then we could be a little more liberal with our verbiage.

I recently watched a Ken Burns documentary about Mark Twain. People wanted to censor that too back 100 years ago, because of course "they" came to the realization "N*ggers" are just like everyone else. Wow, It isn't the words that are the problem here.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back