There are no races.

WTF are you babbling about now?

Do you plan on ever addressing anything I've said, or do you just plan to keep dancing around and clinging to your ignorant perception of racial classifications you read in Mein Campf?

I am not dancing around. I was perfectly clear in post #1.

You try to make a case for yourself or science that indeed there are races.

I say there aren't any.

Argument being: Whatever line you draw to separate one race from another I can show you an alternative line - found in both of them.

That your beloved scientist try to climb a historical tree does little to impress me since what ever they come up with it is put to practice by the rest of us.

Perhaps you feel you need someone to group people up, maybe it makes your world more understandable - I can cope with it.

Interesting though: As soon as I expressed my point of view you draw a line between your self and idiots - being me. Not only do you have to find arguments for your belief - you also have to diminish people who think different. That kind of proves my ambition is right. I don't think you are an idiot, evil or even stupid. Although to me, your stern effort to keep people classified say that you feel a bit unsecure.

I was thinking about how to post my view on this subject. It is so easy to fall in to a scientific discussion on who's report is more accurate to someone else's. So I will try to make my personal opinion understandable in a rather easy way:

So.

There are ways of drawing lines between different people. Those lines which are based on biological differances can be classifieds as races. Now, since some obvious lines have been drawn up based on, for example, the color of the skin it seems as we do have races that are not socially constructed. However there are other lines we have drawn, body types for instance, endomorfs or mesomorfs that exists in all colors and has not been "racified". If we would do the race mapping complete we could end up with one race per person. That would lead us to have no practical use of the term "race". We need to draw the line somewhere. This line is drawn by people living in a certain time at a certain place within a certain society. Making the arbitrary line a social construct.

So in my mind: The race concept between humans is a dead issue.

I've had to throw away fishing line rat nests that are easier to follow than your thought process. :eek: :lol:

I've had to throw away fishing line rat nests that are easier to follow than your thought process. :eek: :lol:

Well... sometimes it is also a bit hard with the language I guess. I have to re-write entire posts sometimes. But I am learning - soon I'll make better sense!

There are no races?

Sure there are. There's the human race and then there are conservatives.

I am not dancing around. I was perfectly clear in post #1.

You try to make a case for yourself or science that indeed there are races.

I say there aren't any.

Argument being: Whatever line you draw to separate one race from another I can show you an alternative line - found in both of them.

Not when that line is a genetic marker. Google The Journey of Man.
Interesting though: As soon as I expressed my point of view you draw a line between your self and idiots - being me
YOu admit to being an idiot?

Your ignorant, uneducated concept of race is fallacious and inacurrate. Either you're an uninformed fool or a damned liar whose opourposefully misrepresenting the matter.

Any idiot who says race 'doesn't exist' must also argue that 'species' doesn't exist. Yes, race is a gradient of overlapping populations of individuals with certain genetic traits (phenotypic traits emerging therefrom)- so is speciation. Ever heard of ring species?

The numerous overlapping inor races or ethnicities can then be grouped into three large groups (sperated genetically and by the date of the major exoduses from egypt). The 'major races' are known as the Caucasoid, the Mongoloid, and the Negroid. Each of these is composed of a number of overlapping subgrouops and all three overlap to create a number of populatons and individuals of mixed race. Understanding this is important in medicine. Look up Bidol (beneficial only to those predominantly of Negroid heritage) or Korean war antimalarials (which those of mediterranean descent- both mediterranean stock and mixed mediterranean and negrod stock- had adverse reactions while those of predominatly Caucasoid lineage had no such response).

Until you learn what the fuck you're talking about, your ignorant misrepesentation and oversimplification of the matter being discussed contributes to the discussion in no meaningful way.

Not when that line is a genetic marker. Google The Journey of Man.
What is it you don't understand? Just because scientists have defined a line to be drawn where they have found genetic markers doesn't mean I can't find other lines. Over time there has been numerous attempts to classify humans in different ways - all claiming to be science. Today it is genetic markers. Don't you see? There is no right or wrong - IF you think there is a need to classify people based on a generic marker, do so. If you think skin color is characterising to groups of people, please don't let me stop you. Personally, I think there are no races.

YOu admit to being an idiot?

Your ignorant, uneducated concept of race is fallacious and inacurrate. Either you're an uninformed fool or a damned liar whose opourposefully misrepresenting the matter.
I see. idiot, liar, ignorant, uneducated... yep I see you got the focus on the issue here... me?

Any idiot who says race 'doesn't exist' must also argue that 'species' doesn't exist. Yes, race is a gradient of overlapping populations of individuals with certain genetic traits (phenotypic traits emerging therefrom)- so is speciation. Ever heard of ring species?
This is actually quite interesting... what you pick from the what you have read and then choose to put in use in real life is this.
And you interpret it as: This mus be seen as an absolute truth or else we can't tell man from beast. Do you need it? There has to be a negroid classification or else I might be a lizard!?! Start thinking for yourself.

Until you learn what the fuck you're talking about, your ignorant misrepesentation and oversimplification of the matter being discussed contributes to the discussion in no meaningful way.
I am not oversimplificating. You, on the other hand, have bought the easy explantion.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back