There are no races.

ErikViking

VIP Member
Apr 26, 2006
Stockholm - Sweden
I was thinking about how to post my view on this subject. It is so easy to fall in to a scientific discussion on who's report is more accurate to someone else's. So I will try to make my personal opinion understandable in a rather easy way:

So.

There are ways of drawing lines between different people. Those lines which are based on biological differances can be classifieds as races. Now, since some obvious lines have been drawn up based on, for example, the color of the skin it seems as we do have races that are not socially constructed. However there are other lines we have drawn, body types for instance, endomorfs or mesomorfs that exists in all colors and has not been "racified". If we would do the race mapping complete we could end up with one race per person. That would lead us to have no practical use of the term "race". We need to draw the line somewhere. This line is drawn by people living in a certain time at a certain place within a certain society. Making the arbitrary line a social construct.

So in my mind: The race concept between humans is a dead issue.

Yeah, dude. I mean like, what if the whole universe we're in is just the head of pin owned by a giant, who lives in a whole other universe? And that whole universe was just like, on the head of the pin of an even bigger giant? Then we'd be like, real little and stuff. So like, how can you say we even matter? Dude.

I was thinking about how to post my view on this subject. It is so easy to fall in to a scientific discussion on who's report is more accurate to someone else's. So I will try to make my personal opinion understandable in a rather easy way:

So.

There are ways of drawing lines between different people. Those lines which are based on biological differances can be classifieds as races. Now, since some obvious lines have been drawn up based on, for example, the color of the skin it seems as we do have races that are not socially constructed. However there are other lines we have drawn, body types for instance, endomorfs or mesomorfs that exists in all colors and has not been "racified". If we would do the race mapping complete we could end up with one race per person. That would lead us to have no practical use of the term "race". We need to draw the line somewhere. This line is drawn by people living in a certain time at a certain place within a certain society. Making the arbitrary line a social construct.

So in my mind: The race concept between humans is a dead issue.

I agree with you, among people in general there are different criterias which distinguish them. Racists problems are only invented in order to profit from the so-called inferior.

Yeah, dude. I mean like, what if the whole universe we're in is just the head of pin owned by a giant, who lives in a whole other universe? And that whole universe was just like, on the head of the pin of an even bigger giant? Then we'd be like, real little and stuff. So like, how can you say we even matter? Dude.

Whaterver distinctions between people you personally need to make you feel secure is of course your own business. I just explained how I look upon this question - maybe you would like to do the same?

Whaterver distinctions between people you personally need to make you feel secure is of course your own business. I just explained how I look upon this question - maybe you would like to do the same?

Yes.

Much of the business of science is providing labels for things that have enough similarities to make useful observations and predictions. We classify stars, animals, plants, cells, you name it.

No scientist would say that all stars classified as "M1" or "X3" are exactly the same, but they share enough characteristics to label them. That's useful in the gathering of knowledge and for the furtherance of the human enterprise.

Race is well within such classifications. Genetically, a race is an extended family. It is eminently observable both at the street level and under the microscope. Scientists can tell if a person is predominately black, Asian or Caucasian by looking at a DNA sample only.

Oxford lecturer John Baker addressed your concerns adroitly when he said, "the existence of blue-green does not negate the existence of blue or green." In other words, just because there are racial mixes -- and even entire populations like Arab or Hispanic that are what he calls "clinal" populations, doesn't mean that there's no such thing as race.

You can read "Race: The Reality of Human Differences" by Sarich and Miele for a hard slap-down of the whole "race doesn't exist" notion. Sarich is a professor of anthropology emeritus at Berkeley.

In the real world, it's bloody obvious to me that races exist, and that they have differences in behavior, intelligence and group dynamics. Black neighborhoods are DIFFERENT from white neighborhoods. Everyone gets this.

These differences are highly operative at the political and social level in the modern world. Groups band together for power and resources. They do so inevitably at the racial level. Distinctions like geographic borders of a country, income level and even language are less powerful.

Most problematic is the United States' policy of multiculturalism and enforced "diversity." You cannot have a society based on equality when its members aren't equal, period. It's a recipe for disaster.

In the real world, it's bloody obvious to me that races exist, and that they have differences in behavior, intelligence and group dynamics. Black neighborhoods are DIFFERENT from white neighborhoods. Everyone gets this.

These differences are highly operative at the political and social level in the modern world. Groups band together for power and resources. They do so inevitably at the racial level. Distinctions like geographic borders of a country, income level and even language are less powerful.

Most problematic is the United States' policy of multiculturalism and enforced "diversity." You cannot have a society based on equality when its members aren't equal, period. It's a recipe for disaster.

If intelligence and behaviour have to do with race then where do you see the difference between a black and a white doctor, lawyer or teacher?

Any idiot who says race 'doesn't exist' must also argue that 'species' doesn't exist. Yes, race is a gradient of overlapping populations of individuals with certain genetic traits (phenotypic traits emerging therefrom)- so is speciation. Ever heard of ring species?

If intelligence and behaviour have to do with race then where do you see the difference between a black and a white doctor, lawyer or teacher?

Like a wise Latina?

There are various differences in all of us based on where, when and how we were raised. I was raised in Minnesota. I will gaurentee you that I have more in common with any minority raised in Northern Minnesota than I do with any Swede/Irish mongrel raised in Spain.

The artist formerly known as prince might disagree, but he was raised down south in Minneapolis.

Race used to mean commonalities, but not as much any more. Something's lost and something's gained in this. The official policy of the Federal Government is to reduce Racial distinction and the official policy of both political parties is to accentuate it.

Interesting cross purpose.

Yes , Race exist.White liberals always try to brainwash the worlds masses, by saying , "There is no such thing as race". which is all an elaborate white wash false hood statement. As a means of disarming other non white races into thinking that Whites don't discriminate, when white people are the most racists
people on the face of the Earth , who use race on a daily basis to discriminate against non white people
in every aspect of the society. So I will be very skeptical of white people who, then try to tell a big white lie
by saying "there is no such thing as race", which is just another method that they use to control what
people think about them.!
Yes RACE exists!!.There is such a thing as race.!!

Race is best understood as a social construct, not biological. Be careful of those who talk genetics and eugenics; first, they want the gold in your teeth, then they want to kill you.

Race is best understood as a social construct, not biological. Be careful of those who talk genetics and eugenics; first, they want the gold in your teeth, then they want to kill you.

Be careful of those who argue "race does not exist". They mean to eliminate the white race.

Yes.

Much of the business of science is providing labels for things that have enough similarities to make useful observations and predictions. We classify stars, animals, plants, cells, you name it.

No scientist would say that all stars classified as "M1" or "X3" are exactly the same, but they share enough characteristics to label them. That's useful in the gathering of knowledge and for the furtherance of the human enterprise.

Race is well within such classifications. Genetically, a race is an extended family. It is eminently observable both at the street level and under the microscope. Scientists can tell if a person is predominately black, Asian or Caucasian by looking at a DNA sample only.

Oxford lecturer John Baker addressed your concerns adroitly when he said, "the existence of blue-green does not negate the existence of blue or green." In other words, just because there are racial mixes -- and even entire populations like Arab or Hispanic that are what he calls "clinal" populations, doesn't mean that there's no such thing as race.

You can read "Race: The Reality of Human Differences" by Sarich and Miele for a hard slap-down of the whole "race doesn't exist" notion. Sarich is a professor of anthropology emeritus at Berkeley.

Well, I think you explained your view quite clear here. I used to have a similar view, but since there are other, potentially more important, genetic differances between humans than that of skin color I think it is a good idea to bury the race concept. If I want the distincion I can use the correct terminology about different cultures, habits and religion.

Any idiot who says race 'doesn't exist' must also argue that 'species' doesn't exist. Yes, race is a gradient of overlapping populations of individuals with certain genetic traits (phenotypic traits emerging therefrom)- so is speciation. Ever heard of ring species?
So what genetic traits must be used and must not be used when defining a race? Body type? Eye sight? Skin color? Length? Or isn't easier just to draw another distinction between "us" and "them". has been done effectivley before.

Be careful of those who argue "race does not exist". They mean to eliminate the white race.
Come on!

Well, I think you [Will] explained your view quite clear here. I used to have a similar view, but since there are other, potentially more important, genetic differances between humans than that of skin color

Who, aside from ignorant fools like you who don't know what you're talking about, said that race and skin color are equivalent?
I think it is a good idea to bury the race concept. If I want the distincion I can use the correct terminology about different cultures, habits and religion.

Race has nothing to do with any of those. Ever heard of Bidol?

So what genetic traits must be used and must not be used when defining a race? [/quote]

You're an idiot

Body type? Eye sight? Skin color? Length?

Are effected by more than genetics. You wanna know how tor track races and populations? National Geographic is expanding upon the Journey of Man. It's called The Human Family Tree and it premiers at the end of this month. The original study is all over the web and you can view the program here.

Or isn't easier just to draw another distinction between "us" and "them". has been done effectivley before.

See the aforementioned study and look up Single Nucleotide Polymorphisms. It's the same thing that enables us to identify fathers of whores and murderers in court.

Who, aside from ignorant fools like you who don't know what you're talking about, said that race and skin color are equivalent?
That is the key: A whole lot. Obviously upset by the idea of giving up race you fail to see my reasoning. It is not the genetical differances. It is the fact that the definitions of specific races vary through time and then is used for totally different reason than scientific.

Race has nothing to do with any of those. Ever heard of Bidol?
I never said it does.

You're an idiot
And you are so smart you must be... lets see...
From the "Always attach this attribute to the correct race."
Asian?

Last edited:
It's the same thing that enables us to identify fathers of whores and murderers in court.

Great. but that hightech isn't needed when we identify groups of people as being of less value. It isn't the technology we need to erase 6 million humans based on being of a certain race. It isn't the technology used in Rwanda or Bosnia.

WTF are you babbling about now?

Do you plan on ever addressing anything I've said, or do you just plan to keep dancing around and clinging to your ignorant perception of racial classifications you read in Mein Campf?

New Topics

Forum List

Back