There are more posts to display. View them?

When I read a message, like here,,it stutters...

I will be scanning the Board for a serious post from you.. wish me luck
You sound Irish, you'll have all the luck you'll need...

No not Irish. German/Scandinavian. If I get you to answer a serious question, what do I get?
Nano-pats...I too is a lotz of Deutsche...
That was almost serious, do I get 1/2 a nano pet?

When I read a message, like here,,it stutters...

I will be scanning the Board for a serious post from you.. wish me luck
You sound Irish, you'll have all the luck you'll need...

No not Irish. German/Scandinavian. If I get you to answer a serious question, what do I get?
Nano-pats...I too is a lotz of Deutsche...
That was almost serious, do I get 1/2 a nano pet?
I'm really only 3/8ths German...

If I have it right, what happens is when you post a reply to a message on page 4, but there are more pages after that, your post shows at the bottom of page 4 until you reload, then it shows as the last post of the last page. In the meantime, it tells you there are other unread posts until you actually scroll through the other pages to where your post is actually located-at the end of the thread. Hope that makes sense.
Why can't every post be listed as it is posted?

Why do we have to hide some relevant content under this message?

uh what ? if you get that message it means someone else has posted to the thread after you started typing your own message.

Would you prefer that the site just automatically refresh your page when someone else posts while you are trying to reply?

Actually, that post remains long after I have posted

You scroll down and it is easy to miss 20-30 messages that are hidden

As weird as this sounds, I THINK Depotoo nailed this. Anytime you reply to a post that is not at the end of the thread, it will toss up your new reply AS THO -- it's the last post on that page. When in reality, your reply actually went to the end of the thread where it belongs.

So instead of jerking you to the LAST page where your new post is, it leaves you where you are with all new posts being added at the bottom.

You're not missing a thing. ALL those "hidden posts" are the newest entries on the last page. Could be wrong. But that's how it seems to work.

If I have it right, what happens is when you post a reply to a message on page 4, but there are more pages after that, your post shows at the bottom of page 4 until you reload, then it shows as the last post of the last page. In the meantime, it tells you there are other unread posts until you actually scroll through the other pages to where your post is actually located-at the end of the thread. Hope that makes sense.
Why can't every post be listed as it is posted?

Why do we have to hide some relevant content under this message?

uh what ? if you get that message it means someone else has posted to the thread after you started typing your own message.

Would you prefer that the site just automatically refresh your page when someone else posts while you are trying to reply?

Actually, that post remains long after I have posted

You scroll down and it is easy to miss 20-30 messages that are hidden

As weird as this sounds, I THINK Depotoo nailed this. Anytime you reply to a post that is not at the end of the thread, it will toss up your new reply AS THO -- it's the last post on that page. When in reality, your reply actually went to the end of the thread where it belongs.

So instead of jerking you to the LAST page where your new post is, it leaves you where you are with all new posts being added at the bottom.

You're not missing a thing. ALL those "hidden posts" are the newest entries on the last page. Could be wrong. But that's how it seems to work.
It just seems odd when you think you have read all the posts on a thread and then realize there are 15 still hidden

I just have this to say, when I see all those posts above one post, I never read them (unless they are one or two sentences) - of course, I don't like to read 3 or 4 paragraphs postings anyway. Normally there is no reason to pontificate to make your point.

You know how the media reports snippets without full context to make it take on a whole other bias than what was actually said? When someone walks into a conversation here, as an example at page 4, without reading the entire string it can be misconstrued unless they take the time to go back and follow how the conversation got to where it is and how many will take that time to weed through the other conversations within the thread to find context of that particular string? Not many. Thus, when it is right there they can expand the last post to make certain of the actual intent with a reply. Much easier, and helps stop superfluous misconception of content in their reply to comments. Jmo.
I just have this to say, when I see all those posts above one post, I never read them (unless they are one or two sentences) - of course, I don't like to read 3 or 4 paragraphs postings anyway. Normally there is no reason to pontificate to make your point.

I kind of like it sometimes when I don't want to read an entire thread. If I see a comment I want to reply to, I can look and see what was already said so that I don't repeat what someone else might have already said.

Forum List

Back