There are more posts to display. View them?

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Why can't every post be listed as it is posted?

Why do we have to hide some relevant content under this message?

Last edited:

Who cares?

HfkxNjv.gif

Have you ever posted a relevant message?

uh what ? if you get that message it means someone else has posted to the thread after you started typing your own message.

Would you prefer that the site just automatically refresh your page when someone else posts while you are trying to reply?

I don't like the way multiple comments appear in one post.... I belong to another XenForo board and it's not like that.... carrying all the other comments with the initial comment. that should be changed.

I don't like the way multiple comments appear in one post.... I belong to another XenForo board and it's not like that.... carrying all the other comments with the initial comment. that should be changed.

That's already been discussed and most posters preferred it the way it is.It CAN be changed, but CK left it how most posters wanted it.

uh what ? if you get that message it means someone else has posted to the thread after you started typing your own message.

Would you prefer that the site just automatically refresh your page when someone else posts while you are trying to reply?

Actually, that post remains long after I have posted

You scroll down and it is easy to miss 20-30 messages that are hidden

I've never encountered that one. I've only noticed it happen when posts are posted while I'm replying.

I delete the multiple comments, and just keep the one I'm refering too.

That's already been discussed and most posters preferred it the way it is.It CAN be changed, but CK left it how most posters wanted it.

Well what do THEY know! don't the know I know BEST!???? ;)

If I have it right, what happens is when you post a reply to a message on page 4, but there are more pages after that, your post shows at the bottom of page 4 until you reload, then it shows as the last post of the last page. In the meantime, it tells you there are other unread posts until you actually scroll through the other pages to where your post is actually located-at the end of the thread. Hope that makes sense.

It's just no user friendly here..

I lose track of message and half the time don't reply to them.... because I missed them in the thread.

Not sure why people like the nested messages - I'd rather go back and look for them....

Quicker and easier to follow a message.

I lose track of message and half the time don't reply to them.... because I missed them in the thread.

Not sure why people like the nested messages - I'd rather go back and look for them....

Exactly, though it would be nice if people would self police a little. there's no reason to be so lazy you can't delete all but one or two relative quotes when responding.

Exactly, though it would be nice if people would self police a little. there's no reason to be so lazy you can't delete all but one or two relative quotes when responding.

I have started to do this, a few key strokes.. pretty simple!

And that is why it was left this way, there was a discussion here and CK listened to everyone's opinions and the majority wanted nested quotes.

Guilty as charged.
:desk:

Okay here is the problem I have with nesting....

On your ALERTS, it will show someone as "Quoting your Post" but, in reality, they are addressing someone else.

I HATE THAT!

Forum List

Back