Theocracy In America--Who wants this?

"Christians have an obligation, a mandate, a commission, a holy responsibility to reclaim the land for Jesus Christ -- to have dominion in civil structures, just as in every other aspect of life and godliness. But it is dominion we are after. Not just a voice. It is dominion we are after. Not just influence. It is dominion we are after. Not just equal time. It is dominion we are after. World conquest. That's what Christ has commissioned us to accomplish. We must win the world with the power of the Gospel. And we must never settle for anything less... Thus, Christian politics has as its primary intent the conquest of the land -- of men, families, institutions, bureaucracies, courts, and governments for the Kingdom of Christ."

(From The Changing of the Guard: Biblical Principles for Political Action by George Grant, published in 1987 by Dominion Press)

American Theocracy: Who Wants to Turn America into a Theocracy?

A question came up about theocracy in Israel on another thread. Israel was founded as a theocracy.

What concerns me more is that some Americans want the US to be a Christian theocracy--which goes against everything the founders intended. I thought this may be an interesting topic.

What do you think?

First: Replace "Christians" with "Islam" and you've just quoted the Qu'ran.

Second: The bible tells Christians to give Caesar what's Caesar, it means live your life for God. If the government is Christian in behavior, then support it, if not, then support it. in a democracy this translates as "vote and accept the outcome".

It is impossible for Christianity and Theocracy to exist, this is why the Pope never declared himself "ruler of Western and Northern Europe" even though he had all the ability to try.

Smartt: I personally don't believe Christians in real faith want a theocracy. They just want an honest and moral country to live in. I don't want a theocracy.

When eternity begins, believers will be in a very real and close rlationship with God, and there will be no government.

Forum List

Back