Theater chain offers "Netflix-like" subscription plan

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
My view is BFD!

Cinemark launches monthly movie subscription service

Cinemark on Tuesday unveiled Movie Club, a monthly plan that lets people buy a movie ticket a month for a discounted price of $8.99. It also allows members to roll over unused tickets every month, bring friends at the lower price and offers bargains on concession stand items.

Looks more like a dollar off coupon rather than a Netflix like subscription

Netflix offers all the content I want for $9.99 not just a dollar off on a rental

If theaters are having problems filling seats, offer me a season pass for $75 then I can go whenever I feel like it

My view is BFD!

Cinemark on Tuesday unveiled Movie Club, a monthly plan that lets people buy a movie ticket a month for a discounted price of $8.99. It also allows members to roll over unused tickets every month, bring friends at the lower price and offers bargains on concession stand items.

Netflix offers all the content I want for $9.99 not just a dollar off on a rental

If theaters are having problems filling seats, offer me a season pass for $75 then I can go whenever I feel like it

Mmm, I don't know. I love netflix too, but there is more of an "Event" feel to going out...

This is a good offer that could encourage more movie going by some people.

I'm not sure if it is for me. But I will consider it. THe rolling over and taking friends, very good idea.

My view is BFD!

Mmm, I don't know. I love netflix too, but there is more of an "Event" feel to going out...

I'm not sure if it is for me. But I will consider it. THe rolling over and taking friends, very good idea.

I love going to the movies as well, however it isn’t so often that there’s movies in the theater worth going to. The rollover part is what I find attractive. The thing is you have to buy a least two subscriptions because you don’t want to go to the movies by yourself

My view is BFD!

I love going to the movies as well, however it isn’t so often that there’s movies in the theater worth going to. The rollover part is what I find attractive. The thing is you have to buy a least two subscriptions because you don’t want to go to the movies by yourself

I don't go to the movies that often anymore. Maybe 4-5 times a year

I pay about $10.50 a ticket now. Having to buy an $8.99 ticket every month whether I want to go or not does not save me that much.

Why not just sell a book of 10 tickets for $89.99 and I can use them however and whenever I want?

I would buy a season pass for a reasonable rate ($100 or less)
Make it for weeknights and matinees so the theater still makes money during prime viewing times

Most movies I see coming out are not worth the effort. I just figure I will wait till they are on HBO or Netflix

Forum List

Back