The youth vote is swinging to Paul Ryan

Yeah, the white, rich youth if there really was any youth swinging his way.

Always trying to divide people by wealth and race.

Black youth are not for Paul Ryan, fuck your dumb ad-hominem argument, I was just on leave in Philadelphia and also went to D.C. and Baltimore, I saw no black youth swinging Paul Ryan's way, Repugs, so out of touch with reality and think they are in touch.

Inner-city youth are killing each other at a record rate, and the president's home town leads the count. They don't give a fuck about Ryan or Obama. They are just trying to survive.

Young Americans like Paul Ryan because he’s the first candidate for national office to understand what they are going through and to produce a plan that will help them in the long run.

I would like to know WHICH young Americans the author of this article refers to. How did this author come by his assessment? Were there studies involved by a reputable and unbiased third party, or is this just the author's "general sense" of things?

Young Americans like Paul Ryan because he’s the first candidate for national office to understand what they are going through and to produce a plan that will help them in the long run.

I would like to know WHICH young Americans the author of this article refers to. How did this author come by his assessment? Were there studies involved by a reputable and unbiased third party, or is this just the author's "general sense" of things?

The story has its basis in the Zogby research report. I posted the link above.

He is a Democrat pollster, by the way.

Paul Ryan is young. He is the first Gen Xer to run for national office. He looks more like them than Biden does or obama does. He speaks in terms they understand.

Despite the democrats portrayal of republicans being the party of old white men, it's really the republicans whose rising stars are young. Chris Christie, Bobby Jindal, Paul Ryan, Sarah Palin, Eric Cantor. The median age of republicans is much much lower than democrats who cling to Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Joe Biden. One of the advantages that obama had over McCain was that in the debates he appeared younger and more dynamic. Now, obama is described as a "slog", but that was then.

The republican convention is designed to showcase the younger ages of the coming republican party.

GOP convention to showcase young stars - KansasCity.com

They will be speaking about the myriad issues young Americans are facing while democrats are going to go all in on abortion as the major issue.

How many of these "youth" subscribe to the principals of Ayn Rand?

You are as out of touch with reality as Paul Ryan.

Probably most of them subscribe to the principles of Ayn Rand, which is why "I am John Galt" is such a popular phrase. The Ayn Rand Institute has essay contests for high school and college aged with no shortage of submissions.

It might be, that it is the democrats who are drifting out of touch with reality. A reality that has changed since their 1960s heyday.

So sad too. Lyin Ryan's (or is Rmoney's - I get confused) plan MAY help for the short time he's be in office, but what happens after that just isn't his problem.

Ah well... guess it will be up to us crafty seniors to teach our country's youth one more lesson. Don't mess around with our retirement!

Where the hell were you when democrats Put SS in the general fund.......??

Celebrating??????

So sad too. Lyin Ryan's (or is Rmoney's - I get confused) plan MAY help for the short time he's be in office, but what happens after that just isn't his problem.

Ah well... guess it will be up to us crafty seniors to teach our country's youth one more lesson. Don't mess around with our retirement!

Good grief. What part of "UNSUSTAINABLE" are you folks having trouble comprehending? :eusa_eh:

These kids don't want to spend their lives paying for YOUR retirement, knowing that there's going to be nothing there when it's their turn. And the smart ones have figured out that as young, healthy people, they don't need "comprehensive" healthcare plans. They just need insurance in case something bad happens. But instead of being free to make their own choices, Democrats treat them like piggy banks, that is... the ones who can even find jobs in this crappy economy. It's just a gigantic ponzi scheme that goes broke before they get their share and it's not their fault for not being too stupid to figure it out.

On the flipside, we have older citizens who have planned their retirement around these benefits and without meaningful reforms, those checks are simply going to STOP coming to the mailbox. Medicare is on track to go bust in twelve years. One would assume that a 65 year-old retiring today hopes to actually LIVE for the next 12 years, so yeah... these reforms are in EVERYONES's best interest, both young and old.

Yeah, the white, rich youth if there really was any youth swinging his way.

Always trying to divide people by wealth and race.

Black youth are not for Paul Ryan, fuck your dumb ad-hominem argument, I was just on leave in Philadelphia and also went to D.C. and Baltimore, I saw no black youth swinging Paul Ryan's way, Repugs, so out of touch with reality and think they are in touch.

lol, Republicans are out of touch because of what YOU SAW?
really now

Hey now I watched SCIFY for 4 hours today and did not see any youth votes swinging to Ryan. Umm that would have to be Romney anyway wouldn't it?

Ohh wait it would be Ryan, last time most on the right voted FOR the VP candidate as well.
Strange that trend.

When Ryan graduated college in 1992, grads faced a similar tough economy with bleak job prospects – the year the Clinton campaign chased former President George H.W. Bush out of office with the mantra “It’s the economy, stupid.”

Kids who graduated college in the 1990s often faced having to get jobs at the mall rather than get that big job they wanted right out of college, not unlike today’s Millennials.

The mantra of Ryan’s generation, aka Gen-X, born between 1965 and 1982, has been “Reality Bites” because they, like Millennials, have had to face the likelihood they will never see a dime of Social Security or Medicare and that they will likely do worse financially than their parents did for the first time in American history.

Ryan’s plan fits right within that generational context.

“Enter Ryan. While Democrats attack his Medicare plan as “radical” and portray him as pushing granny off the cliff, young people don’t seem to be buying this caricature. Or maybe ‘radical’ is what they want,” Daily Beast columnist Kirsten Powers wrote earlier this week.

While the Obama campaign tries to scare Boomers about the Ryan plan, its strategy to preserve Medicare and other Social Security has proven even more popular among Millennials than among members of Ryan’s own generation, according to a 2011 Pew poll. The poll found that 46 percent of those under the age of 30 favored the Ryan plan compared with 38 percent of Gen-Xers.Ryan’s plan wouldn’t affect anyone for another 10 years.

Polling following the Ryan pick found that it helped push Mitt Romney’s standing among younger Americans up to 41 percent and drag President Obama’s rating to 49 percent, according to the liberal PPP group.

“I may be in Generation Y, but my parents are solidly boomers born in the early-mid 1950s, and I really hope that debt and entitlement reforms are a huge sticking point for the youth. I’m a huge fan of Paul Ryan for precisely this reason, I consider entitlement reform my #1 issue.. “The prevalence of Ron Paul’s support within the Gen-Y group makes me think that debt and the size of gov’t is probably a big issue with a lot of us.
Young people love Paul Ryan because he understands them

And here is Paul Ryan explaining debt and what he wants to do with Medicare--not only to protect seniors now--but to save it for future generations.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xwv5EbxXSmE]The Path to Prosperity (Episode 1): America's two futures, visualized - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DJIC7kEq6kw]The Path to Prosperity (Episode 2): Saving Medicare, Visualized - YouTube[/ame]

That is because of 2 Main reasons. First Obama's Economy SUCKS for the Youth right now, Second the Youth are more Savvy and do Research, They will not be convinced by the Lefts Distortions of what Ryan wants to do, they will actually look at the Merits of it.

How Obama is losing the YOUTH VOTE--which Paul Ryan expanded upon tonight when he stated: 1//2 of college grads can't find jobs--what are they to do?--lay in their beds staring at a faded Obama poster--wondering if they'll ever to able to move out of their parents house and move on with their own lives.

But there has been big movement among whites. In 2008, they were 51 percent to 40 percent Republican. In the first half of 2011, they were 56 percent to 35 percent Republican -- more Republican than Southern whites were three years ago.

The most noteworthy movement among whites has been among voters under 30, the so-called Millennial generation. Millennials voted 66 percent to 32 percent for Obama in 2008 and identified as Democrats rather than Republicans by a 60 percent to 32 percent margin.

But white Millennials have been moving away from the Democrats. The Democratic edge in party identification among them dropped from 7 points in 2008 to 3 points in 2009 to a 1 point GOP edge in 2010 and an 11 point GOP lead in 2011.

Similar shifts have occurred among whites who are low-income, who have no more than a high-school education and who live in the Midwest.

It's not hard to come up with plausible reasons. Obama campaigned as the champion of "hope and change" in 2008 and assured young people, "We are the change we are seeking."

But the change they've seen is anything but hopeful. Youth-unemployment rates are at historic highs. Young people have seen their college degrees produce little in the way of jobs.

They're choosing more often to keep living with their parents.
From the Obama Democrats, they've gotten only a promise that "children" up to age 26 can stay on parents' health-insurance plans.

In the wake of the 2008 election, I argued that there was a tension between the way Millennials lived their lives -- creating their own iPod playlists, designing their own Facebook pages -- and the one-size-fits-all, industrial-era welfare-state policies of the Obama Democrats.

Instead of allowing Millennials space in which they can choose their futures, the Obama Democrats' policies have produced a low-growth economy in which their alternatives are limited and they're forced to make do with what they can scrounge.

There's little evidence that the Millennials think their plight can be relieved and opportunities opened up by slapping higher taxes on Steve Jobs or by restricting deductions for corporate jets, as Obama urged in his Monday speech calling for tax hikes in debt-ceiling legislation.

The intended purpose of legislation like the stimulus package and ObamaCare was to improve the situations of those least able to take care of themselves -- the young, the less educated, the low-skilled. But it is just such groups that, the Pew numbers show, have been moving away from the Dems. An instructive achievement, no?
Driving youth from the Democrats--Michael Barone - NYPOST.com

obama-youth-enthusiasm.jpg

Last edited:

yeah so the status quo is the way to go? Are you insane? take wiser out of your name. what is he doing to your retirement?

Forum List

Back