The Yellow Rogue of Texas

Bullypulpit

Jan 7, 2004
Columbus, OH
<center><h2><a href=http://www.mirror.co.uk/columnists/brianreade/>GOD HELP AMERICA</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>Nov 5 2004

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN..

THEY say that in life you get what you deserve. Well, today America has deservedly got a lawless cowboy to lead them further into carnage and isolation and the unreserved contempt of most of the rest of the world.

This once-great country has pulled up its drawbridge for another four years and stuck a finger up to the billions of us forced to share the same air. And in doing so, it has shown itself to be a fearful, backward-looking and very small nation.

This should have been the day when Americans finally answered their critics by raising their eyes from their own sidewalks and looking outward towards the rest of humanity.

And for a few hours early yesterday, when the exit polls predicted a John Kerry victory, it seemed they had.

But then the horrible, inevitable truth hit home. They had somehow managed to re-elect the most devious, blinkered and reckless leader ever put before them. The Yellow Rogue of Texas.</blockquote>

A nation does indeed get the government it deserves. America must have an awfully heavy load of karma to work off to deserve another four years of the American upper-class twit it elected.

Sir Evil said:
Too bad the billions mentioned in the article just weren't influential enough to make a difference, now they can just cry "foul" but hey, that's a sign of any true leftist retard!

Ignoring the rest of the world is the true sign of a moral retard.

Bullypulpit said:
<center><h2><a href=http://www.mirror.co.uk/columnists/brianreade/>GOD HELP AMERICA</a></h2></center>

<blockquote>Nov 5 2004

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN..

THEY say that in life you get what you deserve. Well, today America has deservedly got a lawless cowboy to lead them further into carnage and isolation and the unreserved contempt of most of the rest of the world.

This once-great country has pulled up its drawbridge for another four years and stuck a finger up to the billions of us forced to share the same air. And in doing so, it has shown itself to be a fearful, backward-looking and very small nation.

This should have been the day when Americans finally answered their critics by raising their eyes from their own sidewalks and looking outward towards the rest of humanity.

And for a few hours early yesterday, when the exit polls predicted a John Kerry victory, it seemed they had.

But then the horrible, inevitable truth hit home. They had somehow managed to re-elect the most devious, blinkered and reckless leader ever put before them. The Yellow Rogue of Texas.</blockquote>

A nation does indeed get the government it deserves. America must have an awfully heavy load of karma to work off to deserve another four years of the American upper-class twit it elected.

Yes, America does get the government it deserves - it also gets the government it WANTS. Lucky for us, they happen to be one and the same.

Get over it already. You lost. Suicide, leaving the country, or just dealing with your own inability to actually see what's best for this country are your only choices.

Oh, and have a nice day. :D :blah2:

Bullypulpit said:
This once-great country has pulled up its drawbridge for another four years and stuck a finger up to the billions of us forced to share the same air.

That's right! Why the hell should I care or be influenced by what these fuckers want? I'm glad they're unhappy. They can all kiss my ass if they don't like the US. GW and the GOP will keep moving forward while these whiney bastards keep whining. What a wonderful world! :)

And I for one am still waiting for Streisand and Baldwin to revoke their citizenship as they promised 4 years ago! Fill a friggin boatload and let them all get the hell out of here! Whether or not you like it, he is our President - case closed. And as for stuck a finger up to the billions of us forced to share the same air - it sure beats sticking a cigar up Monica Lewinsky.

"...fearful, backward-looking, and very small nation...."

I like that statement because it implies that all other nations are something far less.

Bullypulpit said:

<blockquote>Nov 5 2004

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN..

Last week marks the fifth anniversary of one of the worst weeks in the history of Fort Worth, Texas. What happened that week was a demonstration of evil and good, of a mad killer at work and a kind community in mourning. The week also revealed something about the man who now sits in the White House.
On September 15, 1999, a deranged man in a black trench coat entered a church in Ft. Worth, Texas, armed with bullets and a pipe bomb. He approached a group of worshippers in the foyer awaiting choir practice. He asked about a prayer meeting, and then began shooting. He headed to the sanctuary, which he sprayed with gunfire as he shouted obscenities.

Seven were dead and many more injured. A teenage boy stopped the slaughter when he yelled out defiantly, "You can kill me but, you can't kill my faith!" Upon hearing those words, the assassin found a pew, sat down, and shot himself.

The first person murdered that day was Sydney Browning, a seminary graduate and local educator who was selected Teacher of the Year at her high school two years in a row. She was hit in the head and chest at point-blank range and died instantly. Her father, Don, has obviously never forgotten that day, nor the compassion from the community he saw in the days that followed. "I never saw anything grip the city like that," he says today.

The morning after the massacre an impromptu prayer session was held at the pastor's house. The church was now a crime scene, filled with police, coroners, chalked lines, bullet-ridden oak walls, and blood-soaked carpets. A surprise attendee at that prayer session was Texas Governor George W. Bush, who made the 186-mile trip from Austin. He arrived unannounced and left almost as quietly. A church of God had been converted into a Texas killing field, and the governor came to offer his personal prayers.

So overwhelming was the outpouring of grief that the shocked community was forced to hold the memorial service at the football stadium at Texas Christian University. Sydney Browning's father was asked to speak at the service. When he arrived backstage before the event, he unexpectedly encountered the Texas governor. The two men shook hands.

"Are you coming into this a believer?" Bush asked. Browning nodded. "God bless you," said Bush. "I'm praying for you." The service organizers then asked their unanticipated guest if he would like to sit at the platform with the other VIPs. The governor replied, "No, this isn't about me," and sat in the stands among the thousands.

Browning spoke last. The choir director had long ago connected with his little girl through music, and he thought it fitting to finish his remarks by extemporaneously singing the first song his daughter had sung in public. "This little light of mine, I'm gonna' let it shine," he began, asking the audience to join him. Browning paused to note that the last verse of the song reads: "Let it shine 'til Jesus comes." He told the crowd that his daughter no longer needs to sing that last line, but the rest of them do. The tribute closed with that. When the service ended, the governor approached Browning once more. "That was great," said Bush, clasping Browning's hand. "I couldn't have done it."

George W. Bush then exited as he came: low-key, with no cameras. He had said nothing profound or poetic. One can understand why his appearance went unreported. His response was memorable only for its lack of showiness. In both visits after the shooting, Bush avoided the press, told no one he was coming, stayed, prayed, paid his respects, talked briefly to the families, and then silently drove away.

My home sits 1,300 miles from Ft. Worth. I learned of this story while researching George W. Bush's faith. Someone recommended I look into this terrible incident. That someone suggested I telephone his friend, Don Browning. One day in April 2004 I did just that, and spent an hour on the telephone with Mr. Browning, who recounted to me (a stranger)the awful details of the Texas church shooting that took the life of his beloved daughter, Sydney. I'm sure my call ruined his day. Still, through that tragedy, Don Browning saw a side of the current president that the rest of us have not, and felt that side needed to be told.

It's easy to demonize our politicians, whether they are George W.Bush or John F. Kerry. It's also easy to dehumanize them, to forget they are human beings. And that was George W. Bush, now the world's most powerful man, five years ago last week. Not a politician but just a person

Please feel free to forward to friends and/or add yourself to our distribution list below if you haven't already done so.

*Dr. Paul Kengor is author of "God and George W. Bush

open your eyes bully !!! Your hatred is obviously a personal problem and is hurting YOUR karma. It can't be good for ya to hate all the time.

damn dillo that was quite powerful

i heard about when bush meets with the familes of fallen servicemen, to show that kind of commitment and meet with grieving families and children week after week, wow, i have to respect that. i could not imagine clinton, bush's father, carter, ford, nixon, any of them doing that. reagan would i think, but bush II does this all the time.

Excellent piece Dillo. It is one of the many unheralded acts of concern, compassion and kindness which this president has done. He does not get the credit for them because that is not why he did them.

Rabid leftist neither see nor care about that side of George Bush.

It must be a debilitating thing when all they have is their hatred to keep them going.

I really beleive that the hatred of Geo. Bush felt by some hijacked the Dems this time. Their campaign was just soooo negative it turned folks off entirely. None of their positions were tempered with any kind of optimism or vision for the future of this country.

Bullypulpit said:

<blockquote>Nov 5 2004

THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN..

I was going to ask which garbage can you had fished this out of. Then I saw that it was from the British tabloid the Daily Mirror and that answered my question.

:lalala:

:321:

Why do we keep responding to these moronic posts of ths retard Bully? He does it only to get a rise out of everybody, I say let this sumbitch rot in his own filth, don't give him the time of day until he shows some intelligence and quits posting foriegn opinion pieces.

OCA said:
Why do we keep responding to these moronic posts of ths retard Bully? He does it only to get a rise out of everybody, I say let this sumbitch rot in his own filth, don't give him the time of day until he shows some intelligence and quits posting foriegn opinion pieces.

ding ding :trolls:

OCA said:
Well for me, responding to a Bully post is akin to pulling the wings off a fly; you know you shouldn't do it, but it is kind of fun in a perverted sort of way.

OCA said:

Well, to me it's akin to stepping in shit. You feel compelled to scrape it off your shoe.

Forum List

Back