The Year Without An Arctic Summer

How will Global Warmers react?

• Fake News, throw these people in Jail.

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • How dare they disagree with me?

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • The study was sponsored by Big Oil no doubt.

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • All of the above.

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters

Cellblock2429

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Jul 22, 2016
New York
The Greenland Ice Sheet is gaining near record amounts of ice this year. Very little melting has occurred this summer, which is about to start winding down..
The Year Without An Arctic Summer | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog
Temperatures on the Greenland Ice Sheet have been extremely cold, and broke the all-time record for Northern Hemisphere July cold on July 4, at -33C.

The Greenland Ice Sheet is gaining near record amounts of ice this year. Very little melting has occurred this summer, which is about to start winding down.. The Year Without An Arctic Summer | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog Temperatures on the Greenland Ice Sheet have been extremely cold, and broke the all-time record for Northern Hemisphere July cold on July 4, at -33C.
Sounds like fake news. Why should we believe a blog with a predetermined slant over the NOAA?

http://www.noaa.gov/news/unprecedented-arctic-weather-has-scientists-on-edge

Last edited:
When you have consensus, do you really need data, facts or experiments?
Apparently when you write for something called The Deplorable Climate Science Blog you don't

Are you saying that the evidence that Heller provided is fake?

You don't like the conclusions he came to by examining that evidence. Heller doesn't like the conclusions drawn from the same evidence by some climate scientists.

It is your duty as a citizen to examine the evidence, and compare the two sets of conclusions to see which is more probable. Or even better, come to your own conclusions.

The Greenland Ice Sheet is gaining near record amounts of ice this year. Very little melting has occurred this summer, which is about to start winding down..
The Year Without An Arctic Summer | The Deplorable Climate Science Blog
Temperatures on the Greenland Ice Sheet have been extremely cold, and broke the all-time record for Northern Hemisphere July cold on July 4, at -33C.

You need an 'all of the above' choice for your poll.
/----/ No sooner said than done. Thanks

As usual, I have to explain the basics to the deniers, who would all fail a middle-school earth science class.

The DMI mass balance is "snowfall minus melt". It does not take into account glacier calving.

Because of warming temperatures, there's more snowfall. However, also because of warmer temperatures, the glaciers are accelerating, calving into the oceans at a faster rate.
Thus, Greenland is losing mass, and the mass loss is accelerating.

Heller couldn't figure that out, as shown by his stupid declaration that Greenland was gaining ice at a record rate. None of the deniers here could figure it out either.

The hilarious part is how they got so belligerent with their ignorance. Dunning-Kruger Syndrome poster children, all of them.

As usual, I have to explain the basics to the deniers, who would all fail a middle-school earth science class.

The DMI mass balance is "snowfall minus melt". It does not take into account glacier calving.

Because of warming temperatures, there's more snowfall. However, also because of warmer temperatures, the glaciers are accelerating, calving into the oceans at a faster rate.
Thus, Greenland is losing mass, and the mass loss is accelerating.

Heller couldn't figure that out, as shown by his stupid declaration that Greenland was gaining ice at a record rate. None of the deniers here could figure it out either.

The hilarious part is how they got so belligerent with their ignorance. Dunning-Kruger Syndrome poster children, all of them.

WTF you talking about? It's -30DegC at the summit of a TERRESTRIAL Ice sheet at peak Summer. And glaciers don't calve off a TERRESTRIAL Ice Sheet.

Besides check the DMI plots it show APPRECIABLE growth INLAND and some loss at the coasts.

Tough shit SquidWard. That's the current weather report from Greenland. It's NOT melting.. It's REGENERATING quickly last couple years.

WTF you talking about? It's -30DegC at the summit of a TERRESTRIAL Ice sheet at peak Summer. And glaciers don't calve off a TERRESTRIAL Ice Sheet.

Again, there's that failing of middle school science. Flac doesn't grasp that glaciers move.

Besides check the DMI plots it show APPRECIABLE growth INLAND and some loss at the coasts.

I really tried to dumb it down to a point where even you could grasp it. I failed. I'll try again.

That DMI image shows how much the ice would have grown IF IT HADN'T FLOWED AT ALL. It _did_ flow, hence ice was lost.

Tough shit SquidWard. That's the current weather report from Greenland. It's NOT melting.. It's REGENERATING quickly last couple years.

The satellite measurements say the opposite. Ice is increasing a bit in the middle, due to increased snowfall, but ice is dropping fast along the coasts.

Total mass change: Polar Portal

But then, that's just hard data, so it can't hope to compete with your religious beliefs.

Again, there's that failing of middle school science. Flac doesn't grasp that glaciers move.

I really tried to dumb it down to a point where even you could grasp it. I failed. I'll try again.

That DMI image shows how much the ice would have grown IF IT HADN'T FLOWED AT ALL. It _did_ flow, hence ice was lost.

The satellite measurements say the opposite. Ice is increasing a bit in the middle, due to increased snowfall, but ice is dropping fast along the coasts.

Total mass change: Polar Portal

But then, that's just hard data, so it can't hope to compete with your religious beliefs.

YEPPERS Squidward. In the 3 years we're discussing -- that Ice mass could have "flowed" a whole foot or so..

:rofl: At the COASTS.. Slower inland. How WIDE is Greenland again class??

You ever hear the phrase -- "moving slower than a glacier"?? "running at glacier speed"???? :lmao:

You're a riot.. Keep it up...

YEPPERS Squidward. In the 3 years we're discussing -- that Ice mass could have "flowed" a whole foot or so..

---
By 2000, the glacier had sped up to 9400 meters (5.84 miles) per year, topping out with the last measurement in spring 2003 at 12,600 meters (7.83 miles) per year.
---

So, you underestimated glacier speed by a factor of 10,000 or so. On the bright side, that's less erroneous than you usually are.

So, why should anyone ever take any of your wild claims on any topic seriously? After all, you've demonstrated complete incompetence and a reckless disregard for facts and data. If you're doing that here, you'll do it anywhere.

This is really bad news for that investment in a Lemon farm I made up there on Goldie Rocks' recommendation..

Are they growing grain up there yet, like in the Medieval Warm Period? Hahahaha.

From those temperature charts in the OP -- Looks like the growing season this year is MAYBE next Thurs and Fri.. :banana:
I've been watching the northern hemisphere all summer and the temps above 9,000 feet, above 40 deg Lat, haven't gotten above 55 degrees all year. Above 10,000 feet it hasn't gotten above 48 degrees F in the same regions. Night time temps are at 20 deg F or lower and we have many valley locations, which generally melt each year, that have over 20' of snow. Glaciers in the Rockies, along the Yellowstone region, have recorded record breaking snow and ice accumulations. Full melt is now impossible before Aug 15, which is when we are forecasting our first major snowfall at these elevations.

Just because it is still hot in valley locations does not mean that the atmosphere above has not cooled significantly in the last two years.

Its going to be a rough winter in the Western US and the Great Lakes regions this year. Indicators are, that these areas are going to be in a deep freeze very early. Mid September to Oct 1 is my bet on snow in most of the regions valley locations.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back