The Yankees make their pitch to Lebron :)

Andrew2382

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2008
NBA.com: Yanks win, LeBron shows up ... hey, is this party for me?

The New York courtship of LeBron James began in earnest when the scheduling gods curiously put his only appearance at Madison Square Garden on the same day as the Yankees' World Series victory parade.

If you believe in conspiracy theories, then this is right up there with the "chilled" envelope pulled by David Stern in the 1985 Draft lottery, putting Patrick Ewing in New York. You mean LeBron, a die-hard Yankees fan, gets an up-close look while the city is being painted in pinstripes? Is there a better marketing opportunity? Is this better than anything Madison Avenue could dream up?

The Knicks hope the intoxicating celebrity factor will be enough to sway LeBron next summer as a free agent, because that's all the Knicks really have in their favor. They can't offer more money. They can't offer a better collection of teammates, at least not right away. They can offer Spike Lee while Cleveland offers Drew Carey. They can (and will, you watch) get Spike and Chris Rock, among other celebrity row fixtures, to make a recruiting film in which famous people explain to LeBron why playing in New York will be far more enjoyable than playing in Cleveland.

arodandlebron.jpg

cclebron.jpg

FYI...Arod is 6'3 and 230 pounds....lol look how small he is

Who needs TMZ and all that Hollywood bullshit when you have stuff like THIS! :lol:

anyone else find it amazing how small A-rod looks standing next to James. A-rod is 6'3 230 pounds lol!

I think I find it even more amazing that CC looks smaller.

But maybe it's just the angle.

Forum List

Back