The Wussipussisissification of America

Ravi you cannot equate 6 or 8 inches of fluffy white snow to a hurricane.

Of course occassionally the NE is blessed with hurricanes, too.

Hurricanes that are dropping snow instead of water.

Remember the great Nor'easter blizzard of '78?

All utilities down; millions of people trapped in dark cold homes; tens of thousands of cars stranded on the Mass pike for over a week; four feet of snow pushed around by 100+mph winds, creating thirty, fourty fifty-feet foot snowdrifts..

Civilization was put on hold for tens of millions of us for well over a week.

Hurricanes? Yeah, they're bad, alright, no doubt about that.

And they're especially bad when they come at you dumping carrying snow and ice which, unlike the water normally associated with a tropical hurricane, doesn't just run down the drain after the winds stop blowing.

Skull ............... You make some good points, again!

I never worried much about the weather. Whatever we were dealt, I had the tools and the know how to deal with it and simply went on and did what I needed to.

Back in the 70's when a blizzard hit and we had to report to the armory to gear up to dig homes out, I wasn't near my truck, I had my car, I drove it till it couldn't push through anymore, then walked the rest of the way to the armory. Simple as that, we did what we had to, accepted it and went on.

I suppose it is to some advantage to have the early warning systems, however, until we expended our business some 15 years back, I never realized how wrong these weather reports are. I have lost more money listening to them, than simply doing what use to come natural, that was dealing with what was dealt me.

They get on the airways, yell and scream, roll out the drama so these weather people can act like movie stars and all they do is scare the hell out of people and kill business.

We live in an area where we get everything. So my wife and I each have what we need. Cycles for the wonderful days, cars and 4x4's. The business is open no matter the weather, period. Even if they go to a level 4 or whatever it is, we open up. The people who are out, need a place to go.

I understand with so many children needing to be transported by people who can barely drive cars, I have no problem keeping them off the roads, just for the kids sake. But the rest of it. It's a grand show. These fucking TV stations buy all this equipment and build these glorious sets, so some half wit can put on a show and be wrong, only severing to screw my day up!

Your right Skull this country is getting soft and this is only one issue! There are a whole host of them!

Skull ............... You make some good points, again!

I never worried much about the weather. Whatever we were dealt, I had the tools and the know how to deal with it and simply went on and did what I needed to.

Back in the 70's when a blizzard hit and we had to report to the armory to gear up to dig homes out, I wasn't near my truck, I had my car, I drove it till it couldn't push through anymore, then walked the rest of the way to the armory. Simple as that, we did what we had to, accepted it and went on.

I suppose it is to some advantage to have the early warning systems, however, until we expended our business some 15 years back, I never realized how wrong these weather reports are. I have lost more money listening to them, than simply doing what use to come natural, that was dealing with what was dealt me.

They get on the airways, yell and scream, roll out the drama so these weather people can act like movie stars and all they do is scare the hell out of people and kill business.

We live in an area where we get everything. So my wife and I each have what we need. Cycles for the wonderful days, cars and 4x4's. The business is open no matter the weather, period. Even if they go to a level 4 or whatever it is, we open up. The people who are out, need a place to go.

I understand with so many children needing to be transported by people who can barely drive cars, I have no problem keeping them off the roads, just for the kids sake. But the rest of it. It's a grand show. These fucking TV stations buy all this equipment and build these glorious sets, so some half wit can put on a show and be wrong, only severing to screw my day up!

Your right Skull this country is getting soft and this is only one issue! There are a whole host of them!

The thing is though, since we now live in a society where both mothers and fathers work, if you keep the kids home then near half the workforce has to stay home as well, with the kids...no?

We have become pathetic.

I grew up in New England where people used to be tough, hearty and self reliant.

We walked to and from school in blizzards with no shoes up hill both ways and never thought to complain.

Now we have cities in new England declaring a "snow emergency" when we haven't seen one fucking snowflake yet.

Schools are closed and businesses are shutting their doors early and IT"S NOT SNOWING YET!!!

The super markets are packed with people stocking up on bread and milk like it's fucking Armageddon. Surely nothing will be open tomorrow because it's a snow emergency

EVEN THOUGH IT'S NOT SNOWING YET!!!!!

sigh

I am ashamed. How far we have fallen

Aye, they don't breed them like they used to....

[youtube]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xe1a1wHxTyo&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xe1a1wHxTyo&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/youtube]

We have become pathetic.

I grew up in New England where people used to be tough, hearty and self reliant.

We walked to and from school in blizzards with no shoes up hill both ways and never thought to complain.

Now we have cities in new England declaring a "snow emergency" when we haven't seen one fucking snowflake yet.

Schools are closed and businesses are shutting their doors early and IT"S NOT SNOWING YET!!!

The super markets are packed with people stocking up on bread and milk like it's fucking Armageddon. Surely nothing will be open tomorrow because it's a snow emergency

sigh

I guess you are into suffering? Before the tools for forecasting stores and businesses had no way of knowing for sure that a blizzard of any strength was on it's way. There are other factors as we Americans have become soft because we have made our lives more comfortable. But wussies? Ask the Taliban and the Iraqis.

Do not project so much. Your insecurities are showing

I guess you are into suffering? Before the tools for forecasting stores and businesses had no way of knowing for sure that a blizzard of any strength was on it's way. There are other factors as we Americans have become soft because we have made our lives more comfortable. But wussies? Ask the Taliban and the Iraqis.

Do not project so much. Your insecurities are showing

The general public is NOT indicative of the men and women who serve in the armed forces are they?

Do you see any of those guys whining that it's too cold or snowy?

Not merely wussies...but Wussipussisissies.

We could all take a lesson out of the history books when Americans were actually tough.

And YOU are calling 8 inches of snow a blizzard? Pussy. Wussy. Sissy

The general public is NOT indicative of the men and women who serve in the armed forces are they?

Do you see any of those guys whining that it's too cold or snowy?

Not merely wussies...but Wussipussisissies.

We could all take a lesson out of the history books when Americans were actually tough.

And YOU are calling 8 inches of snow a blizzard? Pussy. Wussy. Sissy

Pussy. Wussy. Sissy?

I like men with big mouths. I have a stocking stuffer for you if you care to continue.

Oh yeah, and that 8" that I have is not snow. now speak to em like that again and I beg you to remember to open wide

Last edited:
Uh, our district doesn't ban red pens. Who does? I haven't even heard of this!

I've caught bits and pieces of it a couple times now. Didn't even want to listen to it. Just too freakin' stupid to even pay attention to. Turns out it may not even be happening in America.... yet.... but here's the story.

Pussy. Wussy. Sissy?

I like men with big mouths. I have a stocking stuffer for you if you care to continue.

Oh yeah, and that 8" that I have is not snow. now speak to em like that again and I beg you to remember to open wide

ooooh you're scaring me.

and how long have you been gay? not that there's anything wrong with that.

Last edited:
scare? oh, from a guy who thinks a skull avatar and trash talk makes him a tough guy. yeah right.

so are you a modern day Walden, living close to civil society (mom/dad nearby?) while denouncing it from your smug comfortableness?

Assumptions assumptions. the sign of weak reasoning skills.

I am not afraid of a little snow as you seem to be. And I don't stick my dick in other men's mouths as you seem to be fond of doing.

Now I know why you have a Mr Bill avatar. opening your mouth big wide and round must be something you do a lot.

Assumptions assumptions. the sign of weak reasoning skills.

I am not afraid of a little snow as you seem to be. And I don't stick my dick in other men's mouths as you seem to be fond of doing.

Now I know why you have a Mr Bill avatar. opening your mouth big wide and round must be something you do a lot.
your words have a way. oh, the dreaded gay insult. I'm a hell of a lot more secure in my manhood than you are in your faith, patriotism, honor or manhood.

I've been in seventh grade before so really--- go fuk yourself. I thought I'd get into a fight with a man and what do I get? ugh!

We have become pathetic.

The super markets are packed with people stocking up on bread and milk like it's fucking Armageddon.
Surely nothing will be open tomorrow because it's a snow emergency

sigh

Hehe,
Here in the southeast they raid the grocery stores for bread, milk and eggs.
I guess bad weather makes people want french toast.

Hehe,
Here in the southeast they raid the grocery stores for bread, milk and eggs.
I guess bad weather makes people want french toast.

My LOL moment of the morning.

Yes, that's a scientifically provable fact.

your words have a way. oh, the dreaded gay insult. I'm a hell of a lot more secure in my manhood than you are in your faith, patriotism, honor or manhood.

I've been in seventh grade before so really--- go fuk yourself. I thought I'd get into a fight with a man and what do I get? ugh!

Patriotism?

I am more a patriot than most dipshit. Just because I see the end of the age old tradition of New Englanders once admired for their toughness, cowering in their homes because we might get a few inches of snow as a bad thing does not mean I am not patriotic. The fact that I refuse to be sissified by society is an act of patriotism.

We as a society are not as tough as we used to be. And I don't know too many people who will disagree with me. Watch the news and see the weather reports ..

NOR'EASTER 2007!!!! ooooh we got a whole six inches of snow during that mega storm but shut down the city, stock up on canned goods and for god's sake don't let your children out of the house.

Shut down the city of Boston and declare an emergency BEFORE even one snowflake was in the air ooohhh save me.

puhlease.

And you shouldn't make references to seventh grade educations when you can't even seem to spell a four letter word like fuck.

And BTW men who are secure in their manhood, don't walk around threatening to stick their dicks in other men's mouths.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back