The Worst Thing a Friend can Do?

What's the worst thing a friend can do to you?

For me it's always been lying, small (white) lies I don't really mind that much. The kind that if you just got a hair cut and you kinda know you look goofy and they say, "ya, looks good", as they turn away and roll their eyes.....;)

But lie to me about something of importance and your history, in the archives, gone...:eusa_snooty:

Destroy my faith in them, and my faith in the friendship... Faith isn't something I just "have", and it takes a long time to develop, given the overall nature of "humans". To have it just thrown aside is an emotional breaking point for me..even moreso than lies.

but isn't someone telling you the truth one of the ways they maintain your faith?

It depends on the nature of the lie, and the reason for the lie... In *true* friendship, you stand by that friend unconditionally. A single instance of a lie is never enough to sever something that important without looking in to the how's and why's as well as other contributing factors.

You don't just give up on your friends unless all avenues have been completely exhausted...and even then it's hard if it's a true good times, bad times, ups, downs, etc. friend, and not some passing acquaintance you just see a few times a week..

i think the worst is someone who just closes the door on the friendship....without giving a reason....women tend to do this to other women when they get a new man...suddenly its all about the man....

i think i am a very loyal friend...i have a couple of friends...they could call in the middle of the night and say they have a body they need to get rid of....my reply would be...let me grab a chainsaw, maddox and shovel and i am on my way...

I did something similar to a very very good friend of mine ... well, the context kind of set up the stage, but I did stop talking to one friend after I moved to Sweden. It's been 10 months and I wrote him all of three emails. The problem is that we are both hard headed and if he doesn't write then I don't want to write and vice versa ... it's a weird little circle we're in.

Actually, I wrote him an email just now because of this thread :) It's not that I don't care about him anymore ... I just don't feel like I have anything to say and it pisses me off that it always has to be me who initiates the exchange ... bleh :)

I don't know about "Worst," because Murder or stealing a girlfriend are pretty absolute, but my biggest pet peeve that actually does happen is when a friend agrees with a point of yours, in private, then won't stick up for the point in a public discussion. Hate that pussy shit.

I don't know about "Worst," because Murder or stealing a girlfriend are pretty absolute, but my biggest pet peeve that actually does happen is when a friend agrees with a point of yours, in private, then won't stick up for the point in a public discussion. Hate that pussy shit.

Why would stealing a girlfriend be absolute? The girl can't be "stolen" if SHE doesn't want to...

Why would stealing a girlfriend be absolute? The girl can't be "stolen" if SHE doesn't want to...

This question makes no sense. You're implying that I'm saying you can "steal" a girlfriend without her consent. That's got nothing to do with what I'm saying.

It's an absolute in-that, once you find out your girl slept with your good friend, shit will never ever ever be the same. Hence the term "absolute."

I agree...

and it's interesting. this is something i've been contemplating for the last few days.

what do you do when you know someone you trusted has lied to you?

I guess it depends on the nature of the lie - and also - how important of a friend that is.

If I cared enough about my friend and our friendship, I would confront him/her about it. I'd try to find out why, the context, etc. Attempt to have a nice heart to heart conversation and one might just find out that there is something much bigger lying under the surface ...

I'm personally very bad at confrontation ... I have to really care in order to make myself confront somebody as I HATE doing it. However, if that friend means/meant a lot to you, that should be enough of a reason to talk it out.

</ My unsolicited advice > ;)

If I'm reading between the lines correctly, you sound like an easy going personality. What tends to happen with our type of personalities is some people (A types) take that for weakness and you kinda get run over. If you wake up in a bad mood some morning, take advantage of it, kick some butt, metaphorically, you will get more respect and less need for confrontation in the long run. (I know, your thinking, what the hell was that about and who is this nut)....:lol:

This question makes no sense. You're implying that I'm saying you can "steal" a girlfriend without her consent. That's got nothing to do with what I'm saying.

It's an absolute in-that, once you find out your girl slept with your good friend, shit will never ever ever be the same. Hence the term "absolute."

Hint: You are Objectifying Females... Making them Appear to be Property that can be Stolen...

Some here are Gender Touchy. :eusa_shhh:

:)

peace...

Meh,

That's all it is then is "touchiness." They'll have to forgive me for talking like a human-being and not an overly sensitized Sunflower Humper, although giant sunflowers do turn me on.

When you say "steal my girlfriend," you aren't truly calling her property. What you mean, for those taking this too literally, is that "some guy fucked my girlfriend." So by "stole" we really mean "fucked." Clear?

Hint: You are Objectifying Females... Making them Appear to be Property that can be Stolen...

peace...

You're dumber than a bag of rocks, and should just stay the hell out of conversations that are above your limited intelligence level.

What I was saying (TO HIM and not TO YOU) was that if it's gotten to the point wherein the girl slept with another friend, then he didn't really have her in the first place; thus she's not *his*. If that's an issue, there was also never a real friendship to begin with, so he hasn't really lost anything important.

Meh,

That's all it is then is "touchiness." They'll have to forgive me for talking like a human-being and not an overly sensitized Sunflower Humper, although giant sunflowers do turn me on.

When you say "steal my girlfriend," you aren't truly calling her property. What you mean, for those taking this too literally, is that "some guy fucked my girlfriend." So by "stole" we really mean "fucked." Clear?

I Know what you Meant...

peace...

peace...

You're dumber than a bag of rocks, and should just stay the hell out of conversations that are above your limited intelligence level.

What I was saying (TO HIM and not TO YOU) was that if it's gotten to the point wherein the girl slept with another friend, then he didn't really have her in the first place; thus she's not *his*. If that's an issue, there was also never a real friendship to begin with, so he hasn't really lost anything important.

See... Touchy.

peace...

lol. I didn't realize the term was offensive. I can see how it can be if you take it on too literally, but "stealing a girl/boyfriend" is a figure of speach, not literal kidnapping.

But yea so aside from a friend fuckin my girl or killing me, the worst things he can do are talk behind my back, betray me, lie to me, act two-faced, other random grimy acts, etc.

Good question.

You still make no sense. She's still "his" no matter what "point" they're at so-long as she did not break-up with him. Being a "girlfriend" to (this imaginary "him") still implies monogamy in most relationships. Stop overthinking what I'm saying, Dis-missed. :)

lol. I didn't realize the term was offensive. I can see how it can be if you take it on too literally, but "stealing a girl/boyfriend" is a figure of speach, not literal kidnapping.

But yea so aside from a friend fuckin my girl or killing me, the worst things he can do are talk behind my back, betray me, lie to me, act two-faced, other random grimy acts, etc.

Good question.

If I'd meant kidnapping, I'd have used the word "kidnapping". She simply wasn't your girl to begin with if she's going to cheat on you. Period.

Tho.. I'm guessing killing you would sever any type of friendship (superficial or otherwise) pretty well... :eusa_whistle:

You still make no sense. She's still "his" no matter what "point" they're at so-long as she did not break-up with him. Being a "girlfriend" to (this imaginary "him") still implies monogamy in most relationships. Stop overthinking what I'm saying, Dis-missed. :)

Only in "his" mind, which really doesn't count for much in the real world...

If I'd meant kidnapping, I'd have used the word "kidnapping". She simply wasn't your girl to begin with if she's going to cheat on you. Period.

Tho.. I'm guessing killing you would sever any type of friendship (superficial or otherwise) pretty well... :eusa_whistle:

That's so subjective. People in love cheat all of the time. You're getting too involved in a very straight forward declaration: if a friend fucks my current girl (my girl in a mutual relationship not verbally severed); he will never see my face again if-not but to put him on smash.

Only in "his" mind, which really doesn't count for much in the real world...

Well, no, you're conveniently ignoring the fact that she never broke up with imaginary him. sheesh. So, not only in his mind. But in the social world they live-in. lol. stoppit.

That's so subjective. People in love cheat all of the time. You're getting too involved in a very straight forward declaration: if a friend fucks my current girl (my girl in a mutual relationship not verbally severed); he will never see my face again if-not but to put him on smash.

And if he were a *true friend* it wouldn't be an issue, since he wouldn't fuck her. Your definition of "friend" is just as generic as most peoples, when in fact, he's likely just a friendly acquaintance.

And if he were a *true friend* it wouldn't be an issue, since he wouldn't fuck her. Your definition of "friend" is just as generic as most peoples, when in fact, he's likely just a friendly acquaintance.

You're just being obtuse.

A "true friend" in figurative terms wouldn't do anything that could be considered the "worst" to begin with, but we're all just trying to entertain the fucking OP's question. You need to get a grip and rrrrRRRrrrrrrrr-lax.

You're just being obtuse.

A "true friend" in figurative terms wouldn't do anything that could be considered the "worst" to begin with, but we're all just trying to entertain the fucking OP's question. You need to get a grip and rrrrRRRrrrrrrrr-lax.

LMAO. Three reps all at the same time and in a row indicating you're not grasping the obvious, and I'm the one that's obtuse?

To funny.

That's ok.. Mal's rooting for ya! :lol:

Forum List

Back