The Worst Thing a Friend can Do?

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
What's the worst thing a friend can do to you?

For me it's always been lying, small (white) lies I don't really mind that much. The kind that if you just got a hair cut and you kinda know you look goofy and they say, "ya, looks good", as they turn away and roll their eyes.....;)

But lie to me about something of importance and your history, in the archives, gone...:eusa_snooty:

Last edited:
Friends encourage friends to not vote whacko conservative.

Other than that, a friend does not violate confidences.

I agree...

and it's interesting. this is something i've been contemplating for the last few days.

what do you do when you know someone you trusted has lied to you?

Last edited:
What's the worst thing a friend can do to you?

For me it's always been lying, small (white) lies I don't really mind that much. The kind that if you just got a hair cut and you kinda know you look goofy and they say, "ya, looks good", as they turn away and roll their eyes.....;)

But lie to me about something of importance and your history, in the archives, gone...:eusa_snooty:

Betray trust.

If you are an ignorant, misinformed liberal with no sense of decency or humor, a really good friend will stab you in your neck and bleed you until you are dead. :)

It is REALLY hard to trust someone again after they have lied to you. Or cheated on you.

Really hard. There's always that part in the back of your mind wondering, "Will they do it again?"

I agree...

and it's interesting. this is something i've been contemplating for the last few days.

My 2 cents ... I see the word "lie" misused here A LOT. Might want co consider whether or not it is an actual lie, or just a different or misguided belief. If it is in fact a lie, then just back away. No real reason to point it out to that person, is there?

I have been wondering about an old friend that seems to have fallen off the face of the earth in my most dire hour. Is that betrayal of trust? Because I trusted that she would be there through anything with me, and poof she was gone :confused:

I left messages, but no return calls. Oh well. I know she is alright, because I see her son sometimes. I am glad for that

I agree...

My 2 cents ... I see the word "lie" misused here A LOT. Might want co consider whether or not it is an actual lie, or just a different or misguided belief. If it is in fact a lie, then just back away. No real reason to point it out to that person, is there?

Oh..it's a lie. But that's actually good advice. Nothing would change if it were pointed out anyway.

I agree...

Oh..it's a lie. But that's actually good advice. Nothing would change if it were pointed out anyway.

Hidden meanings, mystery...? come out with it.. we're all friends here...:eusa_snooty:

Forum List

Back