The Worst Sin

John 19:11 Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

Mark 3:28 "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 "but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"

Basically what I'd already said further up the thread.........

If you disrespect the Spirit, you've basically cut yourself off from God and you have no way to seek forgiveness.

Think of disrespecting the Spirit as disconnecting yourself from the 'net. How else would you communicate with the world at large (God), if you've disconnected yourself?

in Buddhism, would be murder. Guaranteed trip to the hell realms.

For Christians, it appears to be putting anything else ahead of God. Correct me, if I'm wrong, please.

In the OT, having no priorities over God was number one in the top ten. ;)
I would assume that this is because this would insure that one was always thinking and prioritizing in a correct manner.:) Keep in mind that this was long before Christianity was a religion, so it really wasn't a "Christian" sinning issue.

For Christians, it appears to be putting anything else ahead of God. Correct me, if I'm wrong, please.

What's the criterion for the "worst" sin? Supposedly, admission of guilt and heartfelt contrition are the only requirements for the forgiveness of ANY sin. How can you scale different sins in an absolute way? It's impossible, IMO. In parochial school we were taught there was only one "unforgivable sin". That was suicide, because there would be no opportunity for "admission of guilt and heartfelt contrition".

The only thing that will get you sent to hell is not accepting Jesus Christ as you saviour. There is always forgivness for sins but you have to have the blood of Christ applied.

The only thing that will get you sent to hell is not accepting Jesus Christ as you saviour. There is always forgivness for sins but you have to have the blood of Christ applied.

I don't believe an honorable non-Christian would go to hell. It's the heartfelt contrition that's most important. God goes by many names. While Jesus' path may be preferred by many, I don't see it as the only way.

Really? Does that mean that God's Chosen People (the Jews) will end up going to hell if they don't convert?

How about those of the Hindu faith? Taoists? Buddhists? Are all those people going to hell if they don't worship as you do?

Yanno...........I personally believe that God is much larger than the narrow view of Him offered by current Christianity.

Really? Does that mean that God's Chosen People (the Jews) will end up going to hell if they don't convert?

How about those of the Hindu faith? Taoists? Buddhists? Are all those people going to hell if they don't worship as you do?

Yanno...........I personally believe that God is much larger than the narrow view of Him offered by current Christianity.

I think God is so far beyond being packaged, labeled by brand, and sold with preconditions, you should just give it a rest and stop throwing stones. Start with Conscience. ;)

How would you know whether it unnerved me or not? You didn't read my response.

So you say. We both know better, as do so many others.

And, if only the board could see those PMs. Wow.

The board is seeing them because you are forwarding them to anyone who asks for it.

Stop derailing the thread. Go back to the Flame Zone where you belong. You're off topic.

That is you assuming what others are doing sky.

Si has not forwarded me anything.... though i am sure you think she has.

I am pretty sure if she put up a poll asking if she forwards your PM's..... i bet it will the answers will all be no.

Ok... back to topic.

One of the worst sins is assuming and ascribing feelings, thoughts, motivations or actions to others......
that are false.

:beer: I know... I think it taste great too, but she thinks its less filling!

:lmao:

:eusa_think: But is it a sin?

John 19:11 Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

Mark 3:28 "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 "but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"

That's the one that's going to send me to AVG-HELL, ass-U-me-ing that particular board of 'bloggers, 2,000 years ago, guessed right.

'Scuse... 2,012 years ago.

:smoke: 's all good.

I would assume that this is because this would insure that one was always thinking and prioritizing in a correct manner.:) Keep in mind that this was long before Christianity was a religion, so it really wasn't a "Christian" sinning issue.

My wife and I discussed this topic of what is the worst Buddhist sin, and she disagrees that it's murder.

She thinks "wrong view" is a more severe sin.

She also reminded me that Angulimala, who killed one hundred men, became a great arhat, and Milarepa, who kill an entire village as revenge with black magic became a full realized Buddha.

Last edited:
The board is seeing them because you are forwarding them to anyone who asks for it.

Stop derailing the thread. Go back to the Flame Zone where you belong. You're off topic.

That is you assuming what others are doing sky.

Si has not forwarded me anything.... though i am sure you think she has.

I am pretty sure if she put up a poll asking if she forwards your PM's..... i bet it will the answers will all be no.

Ok... back to topic.

One of the worst sins is assuming and ascribing feelings, thoughts, motivations or actions to others......
that are false.

:beer: I know... I think it taste great too, but she thinks its less filling!

:lmao:

:eusa_think: But is it a sin?

Is what a sin?

It's against the TOS to dislose the contents of a PM, but it's NOT against TOS to forward those PM's to others.

Last edited:

And yet, you choose to spend your time writing to and comforting murderers (but not the families of their victims).

I don't write to any murderers. My writing committment for the Prison Dharma Project is quite minimal (1-2 hours a month) compared to my 20 hours a week of service to victims of Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault.

I write to male and female prisoners and most of them aren't violent felons.

My wife and I discussed this topic of what is the worst Buddhist sin, and she disagrees that it's murder.

She thinks "wrong view" is a more severe sin.

She also reminded me that Angulimala, who killed one hundred men, became a great arhat, and Milarepa, who kill an entire village as revenge with black magic became a full realized Buddha.

I tend to agree with her. Remember Arjuna's internal conflict? It's the best message from the Gita imo.

:wtf:

"Wrong view" ???

^^ that is some scary shit right there.

though i would agree..... having the wrong view in any cult is quite a sin. It means that total brainwashing has not yet occurred.

I don't believe an honorable non-Christian would go to hell. It's the heartfelt contrition that's most important. God goes by many names. While Jesus' path may be preferred by many, I don't see it as the only way.

You may believe whatever you wish, however, that belief is not Biblical.

John 14:6 KJV - Jesus saith unto him I am the way the - Bible Gateway
John 14:6 said:
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.
It's pretty clear, crystal clear even.

An example of "wrong view", is the idea that since all phenomena are essentially, "empty of self nature, that conduct has no effect. It is having the view that there are no consequences for actions. Nihilism and eternalism are both concerned to be "wrong view" in Buddhism.

Last edited:
Believing in the almighty creator of the world and beings when there is none; believing that there is an in the body of beings when there is not; these are wrong view. Falsely believing that neither good nor bad deeds will bring forth results later on, when they do so in reality, these are "wrong views" in Buddhism.

Forum List

Back