The Worst Sin

I sent you ONE other PM, and I remember it's content. It unnerved you, as it was intended to. It accurately described how I felt about the crap you were pulling on threads. You were hurtful and I described how hurt I felt and used hyperbole, one of my favorite writing tools.

In total, I've sent you two PM's and deleted a number of yours without opening them.

:lol:

Do you expect anyone to take seriously that you 'unnerved' Modo with a PM?

Seriously... that's sooooo not flying with anyone with an IQ over room temperature.

I sent you ONE other PM, and I remember it's content. It unnerved you, as it was intended to.

How would you know whether it unnerved me or not? You didn't read my response.

.... It accurately described how I felt about the crap you were pulling on threads.

In total, I've sent you two PM's.
So you say. We both know better, as do so many others.

And, if only the board could see those PMs. Wow.

The board is seeing them because you are forwarding them to anyone who asks for it.

Stop derailing the thread. Go back to the Flame Zone where you belong. You're off topic.

Proof, or it never happened.

The Worst Sin?

A life wasted in self doubt.

The second worse sin?
A life wasted because of persecution.

The third?
There is no third. If someone else is truly keeping you down, shame on them. Otherwise, shame on you.

So if you feel right about how you're living and nobody is persecuting you, you've got a perfect life.

Hmmm..........looks like I currently am sitting in that state....................

I sent you ONE other PM, and I remember it's content. It unnerved you, as it was intended to. It accurately described how I felt about the crap you were pulling on threads. You were hurtful and I described how hurt I felt and used hyperbole, one of my favorite writing tools.

In total, I've sent you two PM's and deleted a number of yours without opening them.

Do you expect anyone to take seriously that you 'unnerved' Modo with a PM?

Seriously... that's sooooo not flying with anyone with an IQ over room temperature.

"Using hyperbole" is just another skyphemism for lying. ;)

Or, it was just her opinion. She has a right to her opinion, godammit!

Or, she was just joking.

Now, we have another skyphemism for lying.

in Buddhism, would be murder. Guaranteed trip to the hell realms.

For Christians, it appears to be putting anything else ahead of God. Correct me, if I'm wrong, please.

As long as you know what you consider is worst sin, what's it to you what others consider?

I've heard worse invitations to a conversation.

What, in your opinion is the 'worst sin' one can commit? :dunno: Why?

For Christians, it appears to be putting anything else ahead of God. Correct me, if I'm wrong, please.

As long as you know what you consider is worst sin, what's it to you what others consider?

According to Jesus all sins are created equal.

BUT to me the 'worst' sin would be whatever hurts one or both of my children.

From the Catholic Church, it would be Heresy. That is not my position, speaking as a Renegade Catholic or a Post Denominational Christian. :D

It seems that the Church sometimes confuses It's Role with that of Our Creator, failing to distinguish itself from God, and getting angry when others do.
;)

Personally, I seek Communion with God, as I believe We all should. God First in All things.
Where I find like mindedness with The Church or Any Group, I find Comfort, where I find I stand Alone, because of My Faith, I just accept that, without taking offense, at least without cause.

I think sometimes the Church is obsessed with being the final word on all things. I am satisfied with knowing that there things beyond my understanding, some rectified by time, preparedness, circumstance, Purpose, Need. I'm okay with that, not pretending to be an Ultimate Authority.

Gravity of the sin of heresy

Heresy is a sin because of its nature it is destructive of the virtue of Christian faith. Its malice is to be measured therefore by the excellence of the good gift of which it deprives the soul. Now faith is the most precious possession of man, the root of his supernatural life, the pledge of his eternal salvation. Privation of faith is therefore the greatest evil, and deliberate rejection of faith is the greatest sin. St. Thomas (II-II, Q. x, a. 3) arrives at the same conclusion thus: "All sin is an aversion from God. A sin, therefore, is the greater the more it separates man from God. But infidelity does this more than any other sin, for the infidel (unbeliever) is without the true knowledge of God: his false knowledge does not bring him help, for what he opines is not God: manifestly, then, the sin of unbelief ( infidelitas) is the greatest sin in the whole range of perversity." And he adds: "Although the Gentiles err in more things than the Jews, and although the Jews are farther removed from true faith than heretics, yet the unbelief of the Jews is a more grievous sin than that of the Gentiles, because they corrupt the Gospel itself after having adopted and professed the same. . . . It is a more serious sin not to perform what one has promised than not to perform what one has not promised." It cannot be pleaded in attenuation of the guilt of heresy that heretics do not deny the faith which to them appears necessary to salvation, but only such articles as they consider not to belong to the original deposit. In answer it suffices to remark that two of the most evident truths of the depositum fidei are the unity of the Church and the institution of a teaching authority to maintain that unity. That unity exists in the Catholic Church, and is preserved by the function of her teaching body: these are two facts which anyone can verify for himself. In the constitution of the Church there is no room for private judgment sorting essentials from non-essentials: any such selection disturbs the unity, and challenges the Divine authority, of the Church; it strikes at the very source of faith. The guilt of heresy is measured not so much by its subject-matter as by its formal principle, which is the same in all heresies: revolt against a Divinely constituted authority. CATHOLIC ENCYCLOPEDIA: Heresy

Whether it's the worst invitation to discussion to you doesn't really matter to me. It's a relevant question. I don't give a shit what others believe with respect to faith, so I'm wondering what the relevance is. It's like asking why someone's favorite color is yellow.

I like live and let live. Everyone can believe as they want. Why it matters so much is of interest to me.

I would apologize that I believe in living and let living but it's more appropriate to say 'piss off' to that. :eusa_eh:

So, what is the interest?

Same question, just shorter this time. KISS.

Last edited:
According to Jesus all sins are created equal.

Yeah.......and according to Yeshua, there are only 2 Commandments.......Love God with all your heart, and love one another like you love God.

But, like I've said many times before, there are only 2 places in the Bible where you can find out what is and isn't a real sin, and those 2 places are the 7 Noahide Commandments or the 10 Commandments.

All the other "sins" that people speak of are pretty much their biases on how "pure" they think they should be. Matter of fact, you can see that in the history of this country with the Puritans.

And no, there is no Commandment that states "Thou shalt not be gay".

This is a very good topic. A topic that does seem to have a lot of concern attached it, naturally, as the believer often worries if they've committed the unpardonable sin. That goes against the belief that God forgives everything.

Well, let's take a look at what Scripture has to say about. Let me add that Scripture HAS to be the basis and the end-all and be-all on these topics, otherwise it's essentially all for naught.

Matthew 12:22-32 KJV - Then was brought unto him one possessed - Bible Gateway
Matthew 12:22-32 said:
22 Then was brought unto him one possessed with a devil, blind, and dumb: and he healed him, insomuch that the blind and dumb both spake and saw. 23 And all the people were amazed, and said, Is not this the son of David? 24 But when the Pharisees heard it, they said, This fellow doth not cast out devils, but by Beelzebub the prince of the devils. 25 And Jesus knew their thoughts, and said unto them, Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand: 26And if Satan cast out Satan, he is divided against himself; how shall then his kingdom stand? 27 And if I by Beelzebub cast out devils, by whom do your children cast them out? therefore they shall be your judges. 28 But if I cast out devils by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God is come unto you. 29 Or else how can one enter into a strong man's house, and spoil his goods, except he first bind the strong man? and then he will spoil his house. 30 He that is not with me is against me; and he that gathereth not with me scattereth abroad. 31 Wherefore I say unto you, All manner of sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven unto men: but the blasphemy against the Holy Ghost shall not be forgiven unto men. 32 And whosoever speaketh a word against the Son of man, it shall be forgiven him: but whosoever speaketh against the Holy Ghost, it shall not be forgiven him, neither in this world, neither in the world to come.
Verse 32 specifically addresses the "unpardonable sin" aspect.

Mark 3:28-29 KJV - Verily I say unto you All sins shall be - Bible Gateway
Mark 3:28-29 said:
28 Verily I say unto you, All sins shall be forgiven unto the sons of men, and blasphemies wherewith soever they shall blaspheme: 29 But he that shall blaspheme against the Holy Ghost hath never forgiveness, but is in danger of eternal damnation.

John 3:18 KJV - He that believeth on him is not - Bible Gateway
John 3:18 said:
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

John 3:36 KJV - He that believeth on the Son hath - Bible Gateway
John 3:36 said:
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

As you can see the Apostle John further clarifies on that theme that Matthew and Mark addressed. We see clearly that speaking against the Holy Spirit is equivalent to rejecting Christ with such finality that no future repentance is possible. 'My spirit shall not always strive with man,' God said long ago.

Genesis 6:3 KJV - And the LORD said My spirit shall not - Bible Gateway
Genesis 6:3 said:
And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

One of the best, if not THE best, examples of the unpardonable sin is the story of Moses and The Pharaoh. The 10 plagues were each an opportunity for The Pharaoh to repent, and let the people go. However, he chose to harden his heart and reject what was obvious from the beginning, that the God of Moses was God the Creator and he should do as He commanded, which was what Moses told him to do. Pharaoh instead, let it get to the point of the death of every first born, including his own son and heir, before he finally caved in and let the Israelites go. And he still reneged on that, as he and his army chased after the Israelites and ended up all perishing in the Red Sea. Well, Scripture never stated that Pharaoh himself perished, so he probably survived, but his entire army perished. Something for him to ponder for the rest of his life.

Anyway, I hope this brings some clarity for you on this topic.

The Worst Sin?

The second worse sin?

The third?
There is no third. If someone else is truly keeping you down, shame on them. Otherwise, shame on you.

So if you feel right about how you're living and nobody is persecuting you, you've got a perfect life.

Hmmm..........looks like I currently am sitting in that state....................

Let's just say that you can (and should) consider yourself lucky - You can also be proud of yourself for taking advantage of life's opportunities.

I know the feeling. I'm a lucky bastard with opportunities, too.

Whether it's the worst invitation to discussion to you doesn't really matter to me. It's a relevant question. I don't give a shit what others believe with respect to faith, so I'm wondering what the relevance is. It's like asking why someone's favorite color is yellow.

I like live and let live. Everyone can believe as they want. Why it matters so much is of interest to me.

I would apologize that I believe in living and let living but it's more appropriate to say 'piss off' to that. :eusa_eh:

So, what is the interest?

Same question, just shorter this time. KISS.

Suffice it to say that I understand why someone might like to know the reasons why one color or another is favored - that's why we have conversations. For truly offensive questions we thank (insert your preferred Deity here) for the scroll button.

As far as personal interest? I'm still reading this thread, eh? Still reading it for the same reason I read any other thread - I'm not bored with it yet. That's what freedom is all about.

The second worse sin?

The third?

Let's just say that you can (and should) consider yourself lucky - You can also be proud of yourself for taking advantage of life's opportunities.

I know the feeling. I'm a lucky bastard with opportunities, too.

Yep...........spent 20 years in the military, and when I figured out how to live on my pension and be happy...........well..........let's just say that retiring as a young man has it's advantages.

You get to ponder deep thoughts like what this thread is about.

I sent you ONE other PM, and I remember it's content. It unnerved you, as it was intended to.

How would you know whether it unnerved me or not? You didn't read my response.

.... It accurately described how I felt about the crap you were pulling on threads.

In total, I've sent you two PM's.
So you say. We both know better, as do so many others.

And, if only the board could see those PMs. Wow.

The board is seeing them because you are forwarding them to anyone who asks for it.

Stop derailing the thread. Go back to the Flame Zone where you belong. You're off topic.

That is you assuming what others are doing sky.

Si has not forwarded me anything.... though i am sure you think she has.

I am pretty sure if she put up a poll asking if she forwards your PM's..... i bet it will the answers will all be no.

Ok... back to topic.

One of the worst sins is assuming and ascribing feelings, thoughts, motivations or actions to others......
that are false.

Last edited:
John 19:11 Jesus answered, "You could have no power at all against Me unless it had been given you from above. Therefore the one who delivered Me to you has the greater sin."

Mark 3:28 "Assuredly, I say to you, all sins will be forgiven the sons of men, and whatever blasphemies they may utter; 29 "but he who blasphemes against the Holy Spirit never has forgiveness, but is subject to eternal condemnation"

Forum List

Back