The worst pain in the world!

I'll see you broken on the wheel and raise you an Algerian Hook. :eusa_angel:

Houses of Wax: Royal London Wax Museum- The Algerian Hook

Oh heck, I didn't mean I'll "see you broken on the wheel.." I meant, I'll "see" your bet or however it goes (I don't play poker, I just remeber hearing them say that on "Maverick").

Another nasty one: Scaphism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The naked person was firmly fastened within a back-to-back pair of narrow rowing boats (or a hollowed-out tree trunk), with the head, hands, and feet protruding. The condemned was forced to ingest milk and honey to the point of developing severe diarrhea, and more honey would be rubbed on his body so as to attract insects to the exposed appendages. They would then be left to float on a stagnant pond or be exposed to the sun. The defenseless individual's feces accumulated within the container, attracting more insects, which would eat and breed within his or her exposed and increasingly gangrenous flesh. The feeding would be repeated each day in some cases to prolong the torture, so that dehydration or starvation did not provide them with the release of death. Death, when it eventually occurred, was probably due to a combination of dehydration, starvation and septic shock. Delirium would typically set in after a few days.

The breaking one would probably be more painful, but not as drawn out.

i have heard kidney stones are extremely bad..shingles was the worse pain i have been in...i think feet pains are bad....stubbed and broken toes...i dislocated my foot...snapping all the things that holds the small bones of the foot...in place...

I would have to say is stubbing your toe! I smashed my toe into this cabinet today and I wanted to die. In the past I have also had some really bad toe smashings and it is like someone is ripping out your guts through your toe.

Try wanting to kill yourself so bad that if you even move an inch you will act on the thought, so you live in a deep black hole of depression and have to lie motionless battling for all your worth not to act on your basic desires. Try that when it lasts for YEARS. And you never know when you will be subject to it beyond your ability to resist effectively.

I would have to say is stubbing your toe! I smashed my toe into this cabinet today and I wanted to die. In the past I have also had some really bad toe smashings and it is like someone is ripping out your guts through your toe.

Try wanting to kill yourself so bad that if you even move an inch you will act on the thought, so you live in a deep black hole of depression and have to lie motionless battling for all your worth not to act on your basic desires. Try that when it lasts for YEARS. And you never know when you will be subject to it beyond your ability to resist effectively.

Wow that sucks. The basic point that mental anguish can exceed physical pain is interesting though. For example, nobody in the world can hurt you as much as the person you love and trust most. Though hopefully they won't.

The worst pain the world?

Discovering, after driving around for hours trying to find that parking space in Boston, that the parking space you're attempting to squeeze into is one inch too small.

After that, it's being broken on the wheel or something...who cares?

I didn't want to kill myself but after my son was born I went through post partum
ddepression and I was working all the time! I felt I was a terrible mother everyday and had the feeling everyone else was good at being a mom except me. I asked myself everyday what was wrong with me!
I am lucky it didn't last for years and that the people around me helped me get through it!
I hope you are doing better now!

Algerian Hook, Hah: May I bring Hanged Drawn & Quartered to the table

The condemned man would usually be sentenced to the short drop method of hanging, so that the neck would not break. The man was usually dragged alive to the quartering table, although in some cases men were brought to the table dead or unconscious. A splash of water was usually employed to wake the man if unconscious, then he was laid down on the table. A large cut was made in the gut after removing the genitalia, and the intestines would be spooled out on a device that resembled a dough roller. Each piece of organ would be burned before the sufferer's eyes, and when he was completely disembowelled, his head would be cut off. The body would then be cut into four pieces, and the king would decide where they were to be displayed. Usually the head was sent to the Tower of London and, as in the case of William Wallace, the other four pieces were sent to different parts of the country. The head was generally par-boiled in brine to preserve the appearance of the head in display, while the quarters were more often prepared in pitch, for longer-lasting deterrent displays.

Yup! Existential pain. Where your very thoughts are the rack upon which you are being stretched,

The state of pain which makes death seems not like a bad thing but the relief from pain.

Of course, unless that happens to you, most people simply cannot fathom what that really means. It's really beyond anyone's ability to imagine themselves in that position.

I recall dealing with people who were serverly chonically depressed back when I was corpsman and thinking to myself that they weren't sick at all, and all they needed was a swift kick in the pants so they'd stop feeling sorry for themselves.

I swear, God must have wanted to make god damned sure I understood how wrong I was.

I recall all too well when I used to think that death is always an option, that I used to help me get through the moments of that existential, pain, too.

Welcome back from the abyss, Retired.

CaféAuLait;1073824 said:
exposed nerve is the worst pain!

Ouch! sounds bad, was this a tooth?
Yep a botched root canal, was sent home, went back and the dentist yelled at me and told me to go home. I went to another dentist the next day and sure enough a ROOT exposed.

CaféAuLait;1073824 said:
exposed nerve is the worst pain!

Ouch! sounds bad, was this a tooth?
Yep a botched root canal, was sent home, went back and the dentist yelled at me and told me to go home. I went to another dentist the next day and sure enough a ROOT exposed.
I broke my tooth exposing the root a week before my child was due. I needed a root canal but the dentist was too scared about me going into labor he just put a cap on it.

Stubbing it is painful. Breaking it is worse. I broke one of mine last year. It swelled to twice its normal size and was all black and blue. I had to tape it to the toe next to it to keep it in place. It took over three months until I could wear regular shoes again.

Tooth stuff has everything else beat. I've had kidney stones, a broken foot, child birth w/zero meds (3 day labor for one, they kept sending me home, poor baby almost died. He was #2 of 4..)...and the absolute worst is tooth pain/abcesses. Child birth is not fun, but you know there's going to be an end, and you know what it's about.

When it's your teeth, you can't tell what's going on, you think your brain might explode or implode or teeth might break off...it's just hideous.

Forum List

Back